Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the best way to prevent getting the virus is staying home. If one can stock up on food, and sanitary products, you have the ability to stay home and avoid contact with almost everyone. The chances of catching the virus will be rather low in that situation.

I had a house call 2 weeks ago with a nurse from United Health Care and she gave me a clean bill of health.

Low blood pressure clear lungs, never have smoked tobacco, not even one cigarette.

That will be the saving grace for many. Also, the items can be left on the porch if anyone is concerned about personal physical contact.

I am staying home for a while. Seems that the best way to avoid the virus is self-quarantine Before you get infected.

I am retired so that option is valid, not everyone can adopt that measure,

Thanks to the Big Gov and their bottomless pockets My company dished out 15 paid days off for self isolation. They will likely add more depending how long the quarantine will last. I think it will start sometime next week.

It's only been 8 days since they started closing things down. It's still going to get worse, much worse, then it will peak, then it will get better, then it will probably come back even worse. This threat and fear isn't going away until there is a vaccine or they find better ways to treat it. If we stay on the course we are on currently, our hospitals will be over run within weeks. The amount of cases vs the amount of hospital beds vs the amount of tests available is really alarming. Not to mention that most rural hospitals in Iowa are going on with things business as usual because what else can they do? They don't have what they need. This whole thing sucks. Stay healthy friends and hold on. We can ride it out, but the virus can ride it out longer.
The flu vaccine doesn't do shit for the flu, what makes you think this vaccine will be different?

The flu vaccine doesn't do shit for the flu, what makes you think this vaccine will be different?

really? Is that documented? serious question, not trying to argue. Does the flu shot not help against the flu? I get one every year fairly regularly and have for 20 years and hardly have ever had it. In fact, I have gotten it in years I have forgot, but haven't in years that I do. I am not saying you're wrong, it would just seem like a really weird thing if true and I have never heard that before.

really? Is that documented? serious question, not trying to argue. Does the flu shot not help against the flu? I get one every year fairly regularly and have for 20 years and hardly have ever had it. In fact, I have gotten it in years I have forgot, but haven't in years that I do. I am not saying you're wrong, it would just seem like a really weird thing if true and I have never heard that before.

Here's info from the CDC:

LINK

One week might as well been a decade ago. And I'm concerned that the effects of cooping up humans will have bigger effects than the virus, even with the amenities of social media. Domestic disputes, and criminal activity in general could go way up as people deal with layoffs, business closures, and being asked to act like caged animals.

If we choke the economy for another 6 weeks, the farm and business failures and job losses will lead to a suicide wave that will exceed the number of lives saved from the draconian measures.

Remind me, how many thousands of people die from the flu every year?

Why would I remind you that I have no idea.
Did you know that there is evidence showing the flu vaccine makes one more susceptible to other respiratory infections?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22423139/

"Increased risk of noninfluenza respiratory virus infections associated with receipt of inactivated influenza vaccine."
3-17-2020-12-04-56-pm-jpg.6467

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X19313647?via=ihub

"Influenza vaccination and respiratory virus interference among Department of Defense personnel during the 2017–2018 influenza season"
3-17-2020-12-13-20-pm-jpg.6469

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22525386

"Effectiveness of trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine in influenza-related hospitalization in children: a case-control study."
3-17-2020-12-32-20-pm-jpg.6470

I get the flu shot every October, I haven't gotten the flu in 20 some years now.
I had the flu shot every year for 20 years in the military. Got the flu at least once every year. Since I've been out 5 years with no flu shot, I haven't had the flu once. Anecdotal evidence...

If you search for it, you can find evidence to support whatever you believe these days.

It's like the mouse going round and round on the wheel and not going anywhere.

Read this thread from start to finish. It will make your head swim.
One page will make your head swim with how quickly this is evolving.....

Last Friday Wisconsin governor Evers closed all schools through April 6. That date is still over two weeks away but that didn't stop him from extending the deadline to an indefinite closure as of yesterday.

Talk about an overreaction. Think of how much more info we could have in the next ten days after how quickly the previous ten moved. I would have waited until April 1, minimum, before making another school announcement. But...these governor's are watching what their brethren are doing out there.

It's also a good market test for virtual learning which I believe is the future anyway. The technology for it is in place. You add outdated schools, the money they would cipher to renovate, teacher shortages, bus driver shortages, the call to cancel schools everytime it snows, the need for increased nursing home and assisted living facilities, and it is easy to do the math.

The 3rd person has died from 1 n y family. The family attended a dinner party where the 1st n y fatality also attended. The oldest was 70. Youngest 55. In the family pic there are some very obese people and some not so obese.

1 person attends infected (at least 1) and 3 die (so far).

Last night I got to see my daughter in hospital but my wife had to leave the building before I went in. It's a high level hospital hour and a half away.

A millennial nurse came in coughing. When confronted she said it was a cold not cv19. When asked if she'd been tested she said no. She said it was just a tickle. She came in next w a mask. This is a cancer floor at a children's hospital. Bunch of kids w impaired immune systems.......

Last night I got to see my daughter in hospital but my wife had to leave the building before I went in. It's a high level hospital hour and a half away.

A millennial nurse came in coughing. When confronted she said it was a cold not cv19. When asked if she'd been tested she said no. She said it was just a tickle. She came in next w a mask. This is a cancer floor at a children's hospital. Bunch of kids w impaired immune systems.......
Medical errors are the 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S. This shouldn't surprise anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.