AP reporting JoePa to retire

If I were anyway connected to PSU I would be embarrassed by this. There is no way he should be on the field or in the pressbox on Saturday. If I were a fan, donor, ticket holder, student, alumnus, faculty or was paying a kids tuition to PSU, I would be furious with this decision.

If he isn't forced out, he will have to answer a lot of questions every week until he's gone. That's not good for PSU.

If I were anyway connected to PSU I would be embarrassed by this. There is no way he should be on the field or in the pressbox on Saturday. If I were a fan, donor, ticket holder, student, alumnus, faculty or was paying a kids tuition to PSU, I would be furious with this decision.

Not to mention the fact that 1,000 students showed up at JoePa's house last night offering support. How you feel if you were a victim after 2002 and students were defending a man who could have stopped this. JoePa says we should pray for the victims, um OK. Penn State is not doing the right thing by keeping him around IMHO.

I know a few season ticket holders down here in DC who are planning on not to attending anymore games if Joe Pa and McQueary are the sidelines for the remainder of the season. We'll see if they follow through on Monday, but I feel I would do the same thing if I were in their shoes.

If I ran a betting site I'd put up odds on whether he dies before Jan.1. This may kill him anyway, but finishing the season will be even harder on him.

Imho, i think we should hear JoePa's side of the story until you all throw him in the fire, which you all are prematurly doing by only hearing one side. Everyone above him should br punished

Really doesn't mean anything - since he was probably retiring at the end of the season anyway.

I understand why Joe P wouldn't want to step down, but the university has quite a dilemma here.

Imho, i think we should hear JoePa's side of the story until you all throw him in the fire, which you all are prematurly doing by only hearing one side. Everyone above him should br punished

What you don't want to hear their story? Joe Pa won't give his side so how are we supposed to hear it? I think the grand jury testament shows plenty

You mention everyone above him should be punished in terms of power at Penn State where do you think Joe Paterno ranks?

And hopefully he will if they don't cancel the presser at noon today he has set up.

One thing I don't understand is why the grand jury didn't subpoena Joe. GA claims he told Joe and the AD/VP the details. AD/VP claim they weren't told the details. Joe can either collaborate or deny what the GA told him, which either lends credence to GA's testimony or undermines it.

I would love to hear why JoePa allowed Sandusky access after the incident? Hopefully they don't cancel all his pressers, because I would love to hear what he has to say.

To me, the university is not sending a good message. At all. If they let JP coach the rest of the year and go out on "his terms", then I find that disgusting. Guess we will see if that stands, though. A lot can happen between now and this weekend.

To me, the university is not sending a good message. At all. If they let JP coach the rest of the year and go out on "his terms", then I find that disgusting. Guess we will see if that stands, though. A lot can happen between now and this weekend.

Exactly. Don't think for a second this is coming from anyone other than JoePa and his son. The Board of trustees has the final say in all of this whether JoePa and his son like it or not.

This announcement is Joe trying to force the Board's hands to just let him finish out the year, I don't think Joe is in the position to force anybody's hand and will be interesting to see how it plays out.