AP reporting JoePa to retire

It shows that the GA is a dumb***, i really dont think that joepa pulled a jim tressel and turned away and ignored it. he told his higher ups and he probably thought they would take care of it. He probably didnt know the ENTIRE story and was waiting for investigations to take place.[/QUOTE]

JoPa was told that Sandusky was alone naked in a shower with a 10 year old boy when nobody else was around....Nuff said right there.

Jay Bilas had a good interview this morning on Mike & Mike. A couple points he made:

If Joe Pa can't speak pulblicly, how can he represent the university as a coach?
Sandusky was told he could no longer bring children to the campus. This sends the message, we don't care what you do just don't do it here.

A quick summary of what I took from the interview.

This is Joe trying to go out on his terms. I really hope the board of trustees steps in and tells Joe, that isn't going to fly. He should have been gone yesterday.

Do his handler's really think this statement was a good idea????? Between the video outside his house and this statement he is making himself look worse minute by minute.

I'm convinced his son/lawyer/adviser Scott Paterno is a complete frickin moron.

What statement should say.

I have decided to retire at the end of the season. I'm sorry to the victims and what has happen to them. As a Father and Grandpa I can't even imagine what it would be like if this happen to my children or grandchildren. The courage the victims have shown is unbelievable and their strength is is amazing. If I knew then, what I know now, I would have put a stop to this. If anything good were to come out of this is that it will be a reminder for parents to talk to children about the possible evils out there and for other victims in similar crimes to step forward and give them courage to face their abuser. Enlight of this, I'm going to set up a foundation to help children who have faced similar acts, and this foundation will help fund service to help them deal with what they had to go through. Please keep all victims in your prayers.

Can we all please stop with the "gee I wonder what McQueary told him" nonsense. He told him exactly what he told the AD, VP, and grand jury. And for this he is every bit as guilty as they are that nothing was done about it. Period, end of story. It isn't like McQueary caught somebody stealing or something. And this guy didn't even work there anymore and they had knowledge of the 1998 incident. I would be surprised if Joe lasts the week, next week tops.

I have decided to retire at the end of the season. I'm sorry to the victims and what has happen to them. As a Father and Grandpa I can't even imagine what it would be like if this happen to my children or grandchildren. The courage the victims have shown is unbelievable and their strength is is amazing. If I knew then, what I know now, I would have put a stop to this. If anything good were to come out of this is that it will be a reminder for parents to talk to children about the possible evils out there and for other victims in similar crimes to step forward and give them courage to face their abuser. Enlight of this, I'm going to set up a foundation to help children who have faced similar acts, and this foundation will help fund service to help them deal with what they had to go through. Please keep all victims in your prayers.

+1. Something along the lines of this should have been said. JoePa and his son Scott are incompetent.

A. He did know about it and didn't put a stop to it.
B. There is nothing good that comes from this
C. Don't quit your day job;)

A. He did know about it and didn't put a stop to it.
B. There is nothing good that comes from this
C. Don't quit your day job;)
Hey, it was an attempt with avoiding lawsuits in mind.:eek:

If I wrote what I really think he should say it would be.

Sorry, I suck, victims deserve better, I quit as of now.

Unfortunately, the board of trustees will probably consider the many, many years of service and good will that Paterno has given the university and state. While how the entire situation was handled over the past decade by Joe Pa is certainly debatable, he will be given some leeway, as he may have aided in the indiscretions "unknowingly", he was not the conspirator (unless he of course was involved in any coverup). I say the board accepts this statement in light of the fact that there are so many intangibles at stake.

Pretty sad the average person could put out a better statement.

Yes it is. What ever happened to a man being genuine and owning up to his mistakes in life. The statement from JoePa does not sound genuine at all. Basically saying i still run this place. I will retire at the end of the year and the BOT can shove it and quite talking about me.

Wonder how many of the trustees had an idea of Sandusky's indiscretions and also did nothing to very little?

I'm thinking there's any number of people involved with PSU who are really hoping that their names aren't dragged into this.

Think about this, folks:
Sandusky founded The Second Mile in 1977.
The first KNOWN abuse was 1994.

I would be more shocked if the truth was that the first abuse only occurred in 1994, and that as few people knew or suspected about Sandusky that did.

Latest posts