Anyone else hope Tennessee gets beat?

HAWKEY3

I know it's petty and downright selfish . . . but on the other hand we might really start getting some real buzz on our next coaching hire.

Reasons it might help us get Pearl: UT fans are expecting to move pas the Sweet 16, something UT has never done. Maybe Pearl falters on expectations at UT & is ready to bolt to IA for a moderate raise in the face of an angry Tennessee mob.

If not, we have our main man Forbes standing at attention with a Hawkeye shirt on under his UT polo.

I hope they lose, because in my bracket i picked OSU to beat them, and then them losing and giving us a better chance at pearl or forbes is just an added bonus:)

Didn't Tennesse make elite 8 a couple years ago??? (Not sure). I hope they get beat because UNI has a better shot at beating OSU than Tennesse, that is if they can beat MSU first.

I'm with you Triton. I am a huge B10 fan, but would throw up in my mouth if I had to root for Illinois. Just like I'm a huge fan of the state of Iowa, wish UNI the best, but could NEVER root for the Clones.

I know it's petty and downright selfish . . . but on the other hand we might really start getting some real buzz on our next coaching hire.

Reasons it might help us get Pearl: UT fans are expecting to move pas the Sweet 16, something UT has never done. Maybe Pearl falters on expectations at UT & is ready to bolt to IA for a moderate raise in the face of an angry Tennessee mob.

If not, we have our main man Forbes standing at attention with a Hawkeye shirt on under his UT polo.

I don't understand why anyone is still mentioning "Pearl".

I kind of want UT to win for selfish reasons. See, the longer nutcases believe he will be the coach, the bigger the meltdown that will eventually ensue.

That is what I want to see.

The reason Iowa fans are holding out hope for Pearl (however small the hope may be) is that he would be the only big name, big time coach that would have any interest or reason at this point to come to Iowa since he has ties here and saw Iowa have success during the Davis years.
I'm worried to see who ends up getting hired if we don't hit a HR with Pearl.....if it's an assistant or mid major coach, there will be a high possibility that Iowa has 3 more years of winning 3-5 big ten games...man that will be tough to stomach

We don't have any information that Phil Jackson isn't in the running either... Let's use some logic here.

So basically, you're saying that it doesn't matter the "candidate," if you don't feel that there is a chance for it happening, no one else should either. And I don't see the connection between Pearl and Jackson. Are you saying that Pearl should have his hands covered in NBA Championship rings as well? No comparison between the two what-so-ever.

I really want OSU,the best hope for the Big Ten, to win the whole thing,so yes, I hope Tenn gets beat.
Time for the Big Ten to claim the top prize for a change after getting to the NC game in 09,07,05,and 02?....bridesmaid way too much lately.

One way or the other if Tennessee does not win I think we will be hearing a name off the coaching staff at Tennessee. Pearl is a long shot but a shot I'm willing to take and Forbes at least wants to be at Iowa and believes the BB program can rebound. This hire may not excite the fan base but IMO it's going to be a hire like that of the ISU FB coach.

I'm in 2nd currently in my confidents point bracket. So, I'm hoping both Tenn & UNI lose because my confidents points on both those teams are 10 less then the guy in 3rd. If OSU & MSU win I'll be surprised if I don't place high enough to get something back for once.

Latest posts