Anyone else hope Tennessee gets beat?

After seeing Hlas' interview with Pearl, and reading about Forbes on rivals via Marc Maggard, Tennessee needs to lose tomorrow night to the buckeyes.

One way or the other if Tennessee does not win I think we will be hearing a name off the coaching staff at Tennessee. Pearl is a long shot but a shot I'm willing to take and Forbes at least wants to be at Iowa and believes the BB program can rebound. This hire may not excite the fan base but IMO it's going to be a hire like that of the ISU FB coach.

Well put, +1

Thanks Justin.

Missed this post before posting the OSU-Tennessee thread.

My current wish - OSU beats Tennessee tonight and a press conference is held Monday afternoon to introduce Either Bruce Pearl or Steve Forbes as the next Hawkeye coach. As I have said before: I can almost see Steve Forbes, ala Paul Rhodes, standing at the podium in Iowa saying "I AM PROUD TO BE THE COACH OF THE IOWA HAWKEYES!!!"

Damn, I hate bringing up the Clown reference. LOL

I hope OSU wins, and at the post game press conference Steve Forbes rips off his tenn shirt ala hulk hogan to reveal an Iowa Hawkeye shirt underneath. At that point the press conference announcing his hiring at Iowa begins. It will steal the show, and put Iowa back on the college basketball map. :)

I'd be happy to see either win. Think Pearl deserves a Elite 8 spot, if OSU go Big10. I have trouble believing that if Forbes or Pearl are interested in the Iowa job that Barta wouldn't wait until after their post season has finished to make a hire decision.

Latest posts