Any new committs today? Who do you predict?

Just going with what the likes of Pete Thamel, Kirk Bohls and the national media say about Rhoads, but what we would they know?

Has Paul won a national coach of the year award like Ferentz? Does Paul get the NFL to come knocking on his door for open NFL head coaching jobs? Is Paul's players coming into the NFL draft have organizations raving about how NFL ready the players are?

Don't get me wrong, I like Paul. He has yet to go .500 in conference play though, and he has yet to challenge for the Big12 title as McCarney did. He has potential, and if he were my coach I would be excited about that. Yet don't put the cart ahead of the horse here......

Has Paul won a national coach of the year award like Ferentz? Does Paul get the NFL to come knocking on his door for open NFL head coaching jobs? Is Paul's players coming into the NFL draft have organizations raving about how NFL ready the players are?

Don't get me wrong, I like Paul. He has yet to go .500 in conference play though, and he has yet to challenge for the Big12 title as McCarney did. He has potential, and if he were my coach I would be excited about that. Yet don't put the cart ahead of the horse here......
Rhoads has been here three years, give him time. 2012 will be our best team in 12 years. Lets see what he can do.

You said Ferentz will deal with it, sounds like he needs to straighten internal issues first, sorry playing captain obvious....

help me out here.

he plays woads once a year, and his record isn't too bad so far in head to head match ups.....2 and 1, right?

regarding recruiting, it's not like they are going head to head here either. there is one kid both have offered (may be wrong), and this kid is going to isu. but it's not like isu hasn't got a kid that iowa has offered in the past - arnaud.

so what is it exactly, capt. obvious, that Ferentz has to fear in the all mighty woads?

help me out here.

he plays woads once a year, and his record isn't too bad so far in head to head match ups.....2 and 1, right?

regarding recruiting, it's not like they are going head to head here either. there is one kid both have offered (may be wrong), and this kid is going to isu. but it's not like isu hasn't got a kid that iowa has offered in the past - arnaud.

so what is it exactly, capt. obvious, that Ferentz has to fear in the all mighty woads?

Iowa also offered Bevins, but after he committed to ISU.

Rhoads has been here three years, give him time. 2012 will be our best team in 12 years. Lets see what he can do.

Ok, then to be fair Rhodes needs to win national coach of the year this year, win the big 12 with an undefeated conference record, and go to a BCS bowl game.

After he does that this year, he will need to follow it up with more winning seasons, and constant love affair from NFL teams looking for head coaches. He will also need to produce NFL talent year after year.....

Once again, you have a fine coach, and a very likable coach. Given time he may well accomplish what McCarney did (competing to win the Big12).

3 guys that Rhoads and Ferentz went after this year will all sign with ISU. Kane Seally (sp) was going to be offered too but he told Iowa no early in the process from what I heard.

3 guys that Rhoads and Ferentz went after this year will all sign with ISU. Kane Seally (sp) was going to be offered too but he told Iowa no early in the process from what I heard.

i'm game - name them. i honestly have no idea. I assume they all have offers from both schools and all were actively recruited.

i just know of one that visited both iowa and isu - that is the RB from CF.

All 3 were guys Iowa was in on after they committed to ISU. I would like to have Hill and Bevins (never heard of Seally) but that is life. If Iowa offered them at the same time as ISU who knows what would've happened, both could've gone to ISU still, or both to Iowa. But I wouldn't call this head to head recruiting since they committed before Iowa offered at all.

All 3 were guys Iowa was in on after they committed to ISU. I would like to have Hill and Bevins (never heard of Seally) but that is life. If Iowa offered them at the same time as ISU who knows what would've happened, both could've gone to ISU still, or both to Iowa. But I wouldn't call this head to head recruiting since they committed before Iowa offered at all.

agreed. i just read an article on bevins. like the rb from cf - iowa hadn't offered at the point they committed to isu. so they are honoring their commitment to isu - good for them.

Lol, this has no factual basis to it whatsoever. Seeley was barely even on Iowa's radar when he committed to Iowa State. Doubt the kid would have gotten a scholarship at all, as Iowa preferred Nate Shaw to Seeley, and have yet to offer Shaw.

wouda, shouda, couda, it all adds up to the same= all a big "IF". next time lets see both coaches offer at the same time and see how it works out

Not saying he wont, first he needs figure out a way to keep players from leaving, impact players that is.

Coker had to leave because he screwed himself over. And AJ Derby was a huge impact from the bench this year, truly gonna miss the kid... you are arguing something that has nothing to do with this rivalry. Iowa is greater than Iowa State in just about every aspect of football, if not everything.

1.) A better coach. Until Paul Rhoads does anything but get to a crap bowl don't say otherwise, because nobody here will listen to you.

2.) Better Overall record in the past decade by a longshot.

3.) More players going to the NFL. It seems like at least 5-6 players each year. If not, more.

4.) This was a bad year for us and a good year for you, but we still won more games. LOL

5.) A couple BIG championships last decade to ISU's 0 big 12 championships.

Anything you think ISU is better at?

what are you talking about Derby was a rs freshmen playing behind a 4th year jr.
Coker from what is out there got screwed by the University and said screw them and left.
not sure what they are doing in this thread, nor the purpose

what are you talking about Derby was a rs freshmen playing behind a 4th year jr.
Coker from what is out there got screwed by the University and said screw them and left.
not sure what they are doing in this thread, nor the purpose

coker - fail on your part. i suppose you still believe he was with the team at that time of the day and not with the girl.....

so much for the head to match of wits between KF and Rhoads, Barkley Hill just switched his committment to Iowa, oh the armor of Rhoads just got mud on it

Latest posts