Any new committs today? Who do you predict?

What is he talking about?

is this the real 'thawks' (i think it is), if so, i'm guessing he knows what he is talking about. i've said it prior, but i think there will be several coaching announcements along with DC. Of course, DL is one we already know about.

Heard last night that Hill is still rock solid with his commit to Iowa State.

Wonderful. Let's end this topic. If this kid wants to come to Iowa, he can come. It makes not one iota in Iowa's recruiting this year. ISUer seems to believe he is Adrian Peterson or something. If he wants to go to ISU and "maybe" have 1 "awesome" 7 win season, he can do that as well. I would make a large wager that Iowa will have more success than ISU over the next 4 years considering ISU is one of the worst D1/BCS programs of all time and has not played in a meaningful bowl game or won a title in over a millenia.

Wonderful. Let's end this topic. If this kid wants to come to Iowa, he can come. It makes not one iota in Iowa's recruiting this year. ISUer seems to believe he is Adrian Peterson or something. If he wants to go to ISU and "maybe" have 1 "awesome" 7 win season, he can do that as well. I would make a large wager that Iowa will have more success than ISU over the next 4 years considering ISU is one of the worst D1/BCS programs of all time and has not played in a meaningful bowl game or won a title in over a millenia.
And Iowa is going where? Last two seasons they have finished with around the same records.

How many titles has Iowa won? How many Rose Bowls has Kirk sent you to? See, while Iowa has a better program, there is not some gulf between the programs, or ISU could not have won last year. Some ISU fans do hate Iowa, and it is because of attitudes like this. Currently, the programs are not that far apart. Iowa is better historically, but in the present you can't act like everything is great as can be in your house.

How many titles has Iowa won? How many Rose Bowls has Kirk sent you to? See, while Iowa has a better program, there is not some gulf between the programs, or ISU could not have won last year. Some ISU fans do hate Iowa, and it is because of attitudes like this. Currently, the programs are not that far apart. Iowa is better historically, but in the present you can't act like everything is great as can be in your house.
Iowa will likely have their worst year this year since 2007. I dont think there is any denying that. ISU on the other hand well they have already been labeled a contender Labeling Every FBS Football Team a Conference Contender or Pretender in 2012 | Bleacher Report.

You are one big homer clone fan if you really think that....

Get the hell outta here with Bleacher Report!

FYI Barkley Hill doesn't not have a major injury like some here have said

You are one big homer clone fan if you really think that....

Sadly it is true. How can we argue with them? The past couple years there isn't much of a difference between us and them. Next year doesn't look much better

Iowa just won a BCS game 2 seasons ago. Its past 2 seasons have been viewed as total failures for garnering 7 and 8 wins and going to lesser bowl games. ISU fans practically wet themselves over the Pinstripe Bowl this year that I think about 30 people attended.

In a couple years, Iowa will be right back up near the top of the B10 and attending relevant bowl games. ISU will still be struggling to eek out 6 wins and get an invite to some bowl game sponsored by a brake manufactuer. More years than not, they won't get there. It has always been like that and always will be. Accept reality. After 100+ years, its time.

take this **** to the rivalry forum. I'm tired of this ******* and moaning about who's better blah blah. It doesn't freaking mattter. I want to hear about recruiting, not who anonymous Iowa and ISU posters think has the better program.

Iowa just won a BCS game 2 seasons ago. Its past 2 seasons have been viewed as total failures for garnering 7 and 8 wins and going to lesser bowl games. ISU fans practically wet themselves over the Pinstripe Bowl this year that I think about 30 people attended.

In a couple years, Iowa will be right back up near the top of the B10 and attending relevant bowl games. ISU will still be struggling to eek out 6 wins and get an invite to some bowl game sponsored by a brake manufactuer. More years than not, they won't get there. It has always been like that and always will be. Accept reality. After 100+ years, its time.
Who care what you did two seasons ago, where are your trends heading? Up or down? When players like AJ Derby leave your program you need to take a look at yourself. Not to mention Marcus Coker.

Who care what you did two seasons ago, where are your trends heading? Up or down? When players like AJ Derby leave your program you need to take a look at yourself. Not to mention Marcus Coker.

Grasp whatever straws you want. Iowa will be right back up within 1-2 years. ISU fans always try to spread the demise of Iowa's program based upon any adversity. I think the clown over at cyclonereprot even wrote some article that the state now (then) belonged to ISU after the whole Cedreic Everson City Boyz fiasco. Obviously, that was far from what happened.

These are the facts, accept them--ISU is a poor to below average FB program that has never and will never do anything of note besides maybe pull an upset here or there.

Iowa on the other hand will continue to have great, good and decent years. Right now, it is in a decent period.

As for Derby and Coker, that is just the way it goes. Sad to see Coker leave, but Iowa always has a capable RB or 2, always. Derby wanted to play QB, God bless him. He obviously was not good enough to play the position at Iowa.

Last edited:

how many has your program ever won?

Stanzi has more bowl victories than does your program's entire history.

Ferentz: 1 BCS win, 4 top 8 finishes in a 10 year period.

all of a sudden Iowa State and Iowa are equals after a .500 season with a bowl loss? the clowns have a way to go to start making these comparison......

Latest posts