Angel Reese

Angel, and Coach Mulkey for that matter, look almost relieved that their season had just ended. Drained, exhausted.

As Taylor Swift once reminded us, it can get awfully exhausting always playing the anti-hero.

The worst thing Kim Mulkey has ever done is how she treated Brittany Griner.

What Reese needed prior to winning last year were lessons in how to be humble in victory, you know, in Hawkeye style. With a flamboyant coach that might be hard to do.

Both Mulkey and Reese seem like genuinely nice people underneath it all.

Angel Reece has thrown too many elbows to people's faces to get any benefit of the doubt. I don't think our coach would allow such behavior. Angel threw one in the Iowa game and got called on it. I think that shut it down.

Fran has been T'd up for far less than Mulkey's antics on the sidelines.
At one point, she was out on the floor ranting for a TO - before the TO had been granted.
On another occasion, she literally threw a sideline tantrum over Angel Reese's last offensive foul.
Colorful yes, but the officials seem to let her get away with a lot of histrionics that would not be tolerated in other coaches.

As for Reese, I don't think most folks dislike her because she is black. I do think many dislike her because of her nationally televised taunting in last years championship game and other examples of poor sportsmanship.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings on Reece. On the one hand, I hate it when the national media makes the criticism of Reece just about the hand gestures in the title game toward CC. People dislike her for much more than that. There are many instances of her dirty play in many games. Decking people, pulling hair, elbows. I genuinely think she has Grayson Allen feel to her game. That said, the SEC is a more physical and dirty conference and she plays in the post. That is where the contact and body play usually is.

I am fine not liking her. Its a rivalry. She is the face of LSU. There are things about how she plays and her body language that are not likeable (of course, CC has some of that too when it comes to body language).

What disappoints me is seeing posts from supposed Iowa fans that cross the line into racial undertones and appearance. Who cares what her hair and makeup and eye lashes look like? Do people constantly focus on how ugly Zak Edey is? No. They focus on his play. I wish fans, especially folks who say they are fans of Iowa, stay away from commenting on how she looks or where she is from or what she allegedly stands for. Keep it about how she plays and acts on the court. There is enough fodder there.

I have mixed feelings on Reece. On the one hand, I hate it when the national media makes the criticism of Reece just about the hand gestures in the title game toward CC. People dislike her for much more than that. There are many instances of her dirty play in many games. Decking people, pulling hair, elbows. I genuinely think she has Grayson Allen feel to her game. That said, the SEC is a more physical and dirty conference and she plays in the post. That is where the contact and body play usually is.

I am fine not liking her. Its a rivalry. She is the face of LSU. There are things about how she plays and her body language that are not likeable (of course, CC has some of that too when it comes to body language).

What disappoints me is seeing posts from supposed Iowa fans that cross the line into racial undertones and appearance. Who cares what her hair and makeup and eye lashes look like? Do people constantly focus on how ugly Zak Edey is? No. They focus on his play. I wish fans, especially folks who say they are fans of Iowa, stay away from commenting on how she looks or where she is from or what she allegedly stands for. Keep it about how she plays and acts on the court. There is enough fodder there.
Well spoken

I agree that it's tacky to rip on someone's looks. But I'm not sure the things people are ripping on like fake eyelashes are racial related. You don't have to be black to have fake eyelashes. In my opinion, the tone of her skin is her most attractive quality. Other than that she's ugly.

Notice how my post went full circle?

I agree that it's tacky to rip on someone's looks. But I'm not sure the things people are ripping on like fake eyelashes are racial related. You don't have to be black to have fake eyelashes. In my opinion, the tone of her skin is her most attractive quality. Other than that she's ugly.

If my comment was not clear, those were separate issues. I don't like the focus on her looks or how she chooses to wear her hair or makeup. You don't see that sort of scrutiny for male athletes, or at least at the same level, so why should the female athletes have to endure such focus on their appearance and make-up choices?

Separately, I have seen a lot of criticism on the internet coming from supposed Iowa fans that used veiled terms that suggest race. I really don't care to get into a debate about whether certain words, used in a vacuum, always carry a racial overturn, but it is clear enough to me that someone is choosing to use labels that a lot of people would consider racist, rather than just saying she plays dirty. You wanna describe what about her play bothers you? Go ahead. But, don't throw out dog whistle labels to describe her as a person.

Angel is a thug "student" athlete. Thugs can be black or white or all shades of colors in between. She is also into herself clearly.....and she uses her image to get social media hits and likes. She wants to say she is being treated as a sex object....but that is how she puts herself out there on her social media pages. That last press conference was a narcissist that made everything about her and how poor Angel is being picked on...totally discounting the things she has done to gain the reputation she has.

Why is Angel a thug? It is her play and the things she says that comes out of her mouth. Lucky for her, genetics blessed her with some height and basketball skills. Because her work in the classroom is not going to get her by far in life. She is a great match for Kim Mulkey to use as a means to an end for what she needs.

Angel Reese just announced she has declared for the 2024 WNBA draft and..

That she will be on the next cover of Vougue!

The same person who was complaining 2 days ago was being sexualized. After already appearing in SI swin suit issue last year.

Poor little victim Angel Reese. She is so full of crap.

I see what you are saying. People need to read between the lines. She's a gorgeous woman, but she is not a beautiful woman when one puts everything into perspective. Being a "stunning" individual encompasses more than just being pretty on the outside. She doesn't get that yet, which is unfortunate.

Angel is a thug "student" athlete. Thugs can be black or white or all shades of colors in between. She is also into herself clearly.....and she uses her image to get social media hits and likes. She wants to say she is being treated as a sex object....but that is how she puts herself out there on her social media pages. That last press conference was a narcissist that made everything about her and how poor Angel is being picked on...totally discounting the things she has done to gain the reputation she has.

Why is Angel a thug? It is her play and the things she says that comes out of her mouth. Lucky for her, genetics blessed her with some height and basketball skills. Because her work in the classroom is not going to get her by far in life. She is a great match for Kim Mulkey to use as a means to an end for what she needs.
Well said. Poor Angel Reese who has been sexualized this past year. All one has to do is just simply google "Angel Reese Sexy" and click on images. You will see all you need to see about her intentions. Oh, just in the past couple days she did a spread for Vogue. Poor Angel.

Dude, you apparently just keep getting dumber and dumber.

You posting Van Lith compared to a Hitler youth with a Nazi flag in the background ain’t gonna fly no matter how much you don’t like LSU. You’re getting a week off and if you want to come back next week you can, if you don’t…buh bye…

Here’s the deal…you’re done posting pics, permanently. You can complain, and whine, and tell me how much you don’t like me and how I’m the worst mod who ever walked the earth, but you’re done. Next image posted by you (you’ve posted enough pics on this site to last you 10 lifetimes anyway) is gonna get you banned. So flame away. Satire is fine, comparing a college player to a Nazi isn’t gonna happen. And before you start complaining like a 2 year old, it wasn’t just coincidence that the one pic you chose out of millions of blondes with braids on google images happened to be Hitler youth with a Nazi flag. You either searched for it or saw someone else who did and followed their lead. My hope is you just copied someone else rather than searching for "Hitler youth with braids," but I don't have that much faith.

You’re not posting that crap here, and I’m not kidding about posting pics in the future. If you don’t like it, find a new site.

Fran has been T'd up for far less than Mulkey's antics on the sidelines.
At one point, she was out on the floor ranting for a TO - before the TO had been granted.
On another occasion, she literally threw a sideline tantrum over Angel Reese's last offensive foul.
Colorful yes, but the officials seem to let her get away with a lot of histrionics that would not be tolerated in other coaches.

As for Reese, I don't think most folks dislike her because she is black. I do think many dislike her because of her nationally televised taunting in last years championship game and other examples of poor sportsmanship.
It was wild that the media didn't want to call that spade a spade at all. They kept just calling it trash talking and downplaying it. But it was straight up taunting and fights have broken out over a hell of a lot less then that. There's a huge difference between trash talking at the FT line and as the game ends doing what she did. She stalked her around for like 20 plus seconds instead of celebrating with her teammates it was such an odd thing. In no way should that have been condoned and for folks to start thinking that should become some kind of new normal acceptable behavior.

I think the reason it was largely accepted by the media and some fans is because she was black. Clark couldn't have done that same thing back to her instead. There's no fn way just imagine how that'd have went over.

I think Reese is a sore winner yet she was gracious in defeat after this game. I'm just thankful for that. We didn't need any of that sort of lingering drama heading into this final 4. Beyond that glad all that drama that was Reese and Mulkey are in the rear view.

Latest posts