ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, DO YOU WANNA DANCE THREAD

Defense is what everyone wants........supposedly.
Supposedly.

But I don’t believe it. At the end of Lichliter
Everyone said this, “if we’re going to lose then let’s play fast-paced and with exciting offense”

Same words about football team.

38-33 NC game might get the NCAA to crack down on flow of play calls. Might.

Guess I’ll root for TXT. Love to see VA lose last year as first #1 to a #16 and then this season come to within one win of the NC. Plus....ACC

Supposedly.

Everyone said this, “if we’re going to lose then let’s play fast-paced and with exciting offense”

Guess I’ll root for TXT. Love to see VA lose last year as first #1 to a #16 and then this season come to within one win of the NC. Plus....ACC

38-33 you got that from Iowa MSU? 8-6 @ the half?

Supposedly.

Beard/Bennett are just special dudes and not everyone can pull off what they are doing just by yelling "defense".

I'd rather be Tom Izzo's "can't take the next step" rather than Fran's "can't take the next step", but sheesh...he can't get the next step. You can't beat Texas Tech and you get out-toughed by a B12 team? Time to look in the mirror.

38-33 you got that from Iowa MSU? 8-6 @ the half?
That was the 1980 final four season. I don't know what Heathcote was thinking. Iowa had like four players out that night and several more playing hurt. It would have behooved him to push tempo that night. Instead we got up 4-0, went to a zone defense, and Heathcote played a complete stall, which you could do before the shot clock and before the five second guarding rule.

Lute decided to stay in the zone because he knew he had maybe two healthy bodies on his bench. He didn't need them. He didn't make a single substitution that night. I looked up the score and the final was 44-39 and I think it went overtime.

off topic but heads up 4 sports fans: the Masters starts Thurs.
I hope Tiger doesn't win, don't want him to beat Jack's Master's win record, ever. After the Master's, then it;s just MLB Baseball all summer, but I will follow Megan on whatever WNBA team she is on. I'll be curious to see if she can hold her own.

I hope Tiger doesn't win, don't want him to beat Jack's Master's win record, ever. After the Master's, then it;s just MLB Baseball all summer, but I will follow Megan on whatever WNBA team she is on. I'll be curious to see if she can hold her own.

There be some tall, skinny women in that league!!

I heard it will set you back a cool $250 to play the course if not a member. True, or no?

Not true. If you aren't a member, you aren't getting on. If you are guest of a member, member picks up tab. Very gauche to seek reimbursement from a guest.

You might be thinking of Pebble Beach, where non-members are allowed certain dates/times. But $250 was the cost back in the 1980s. I would guess it's way higher nowadays.