Alex Kozan??

Did anyone actually answer the original question? All I learned is that Colorado may or may not be a good place to recruit football players.

lol You know a few people out here and a few coaches? Congrats! You guys call each other and chat about CO high school kids often? That's cute. Those Nebraska fans must not like their recent OL recruit from CO, I suppose. I bet OSU hates theirs. They must know the Kozan family and have seen him workout to know that he isn't hard working.

There is a lot of talent in the state this year and hardly any of it is going to CU. So I'm not sure looking at CU is the best way to judge talent in a state. But if you are judging in-state talent based on CU, they have a NC in their trophy case.

I'm still not sure where your "gentlemans agreement" is coming from. I never said Kozan was going to be an all-pro. I'm saying you have no clue as to if he is a primadonna or if he isn't hardworking. You are making that **** up, and you know it. So save us the lecture of who you know and how smart you are, because no one here believes you, and for good reason. You are a joke.

Hey ahab, I have nothing to prove to you. You dont have to trust me, I dont care. If you think you are plugged into CO ball, good. I am glad. I dont need to argue with you, infact if you are plugged in I would rather network. Heck I will be relocating out there in the near future and will get to see first hand alot more ball out there.
I never said I knew how the kid worked out or any of those other words you so politly put in my mouth, what I said is I heard to temper expectations. I heard he may be a little more raw then people think. I personally question his drive, because when other smaller recriuts can bench 50 or more pounds, well it makes you just wonder if what I heard is not correct, now doesnt it. I know it does me. I like the 550 squat. But upper body is lacking, whats his bench, 330 or so and that might have been self reported as well. So what is his 225 rep? Bench press is very important in linemen. I also heard he is very good on his feet, but will need some adjustment there as well. You ever noticed wrestlers seem to fit well in Iowa ball? I have never heard anything about Kozan wrestling, so without actually watching him play, I would have to assume he might be a little behind other Iowa recruits in that area. Yes it can be coached, and we have the finest coaches to do the job, but it will take work and time. I am not saying he is'nt good, I mean he is obviously good. Just that he may need more work then many are thinking. I am sorry this offends you so bad. I am just going off other peoples observations as well as my own. Now if you care to discuss what I have said fine. But until you know who I am or who I talk to, keep the name calling down alright. I mean I could do the same to you, but I dont know you or what or who you know or how involved you have been in the sport, so to do so would just be ******** of me.
I apoligized for the way I first stated it, I don't want to bash on the kid and that was not my intent, although it did come off that way. I wish him luck no matter what he does.

interesting website.

Out of curiosity I compared the #s and Iowa had nearly 300 NFL players, while Colorado about 160...despite the fact that Colorado's population is over 5 Million, and Iowa's is about 3 Million.

Either we're a football factory...or Colorado is pretty weak.

Colorado is not historically a strong football state. There is, however, some talent coming out in recent years. It is improving.

I came in this thread late, but I have to ask...

Is Old Dude trying to be the next Herby?

-Incomprehensible gibberish? Check
-Inflated value of his opinion? Check
-Flies off the handle when you call him on his gibberish or inflated value? Check and Check
-Completely unlikable personality, but you can't resist engaging him? Check
-Irrational hatred of something entirely inconsequential? Check

We're through the looking glass here people...

Hey ahab, I have nothing to prove to you. You dont have to trust me, I dont care. If you think you are plugged into CO ball, good. I am glad. I dont need to argue with you, infact if you are plugged in I would rather network. Heck I will be relocating out there in the near future and will get to see first hand alot more ball out there.
I never said I knew how the kid worked out or any of those other words you so politly put in my mouth, what I said is I heard to temper expectations. I heard he may be a little more raw then people think. I personally question his drive, because when other smaller recriuts can bench 50 or more pounds, well it makes you just wonder if what I heard is not correct, now doesnt it. I know it does me. I like the 550 squat. But upper body is lacking, whats his bench, 330 or so and that might have been self reported as well. So what is his 225 rep? Bench press is very important in linemen. I also heard he is very good on his feet, but will need some adjustment there as well. You ever noticed wrestlers seem to fit well in Iowa ball? I have never heard anything about Kozan wrestling, so without actually watching him play, I would have to assume he might be a little behind other Iowa recruits in that area. Yes it can be coached, and we have the finest coaches to do the job, but it will take work and time. I am not saying he is'nt good, I mean he is obviously good. Just that he may need more work then many are thinking. I am sorry this offends you so bad. I am just going off other peoples observations as well as my own. Now if you care to discuss what I have said fine. But until you know who I am or who I talk to, keep the name calling down alright. I mean I could do the same to you, but I dont know you or what or who you know or how involved you have been in the sport, so to do so would just be ******** of me.
I apoligized for the way I first stated it, I don't want to bash on the kid and that was not my intent, although it did come off that way. I wish him luck no matter what he does.

Nope, this is what you said. I didn't have to put any of it in your mouth.

Nope. Been there, done that. Boy needs to go to Auburn. He has the brains to make it here, but he doesnt have the heart (gifted, but not enough "want to"). Hard work beats talent......

Frigging prima dona. Let it go guys, we dont need bs like that. I know KF may disagree, but boys like that dont work out to well around here. Either go Hawk or go home. Been around a few of "those" CO kids, and I am not to impressed. I guess when you have one or two D1 kids a year, it's a big deal.

You definitely did say that. YOU act like you know him. You are now going back on these statements. YOU acted like you KNOW he is a prima dona, that he doesn't have the "heart". YOU said that.

I plainly said you don't know **** about him or his situation.

I never once claimed to be "plugged in" to the HS football situation out here. I was claiming that you don't know Kozan and you don't know his situation, which seems to be true. You can look at lifting numbers all you want, but that doesn't tell you anything about a kids talent or heart. If you want to use those numbers to justify why you don't think he is a good fit for Iowa, then so be it. That is at least a genuine reason. Claiming he has no heart and no work ethic is ignorant at best.

You throw **** at a wall and hope it sticks - and that is exactly what you are doing in this situation.

I came in this thread late, but I have to ask...

Is Old Dude trying to be the next Herby?

-Incomprehensible gibberish? Check
-Inflated value of his opinion? Check
-Flies off the handle when you call him on his gibberish or inflated value? Check and Check
-Completely unlikable personality, but you can't resist engaging him? Check
-Irrational hatred of something entirely inconsequential? Check

We're through the looking glass here people...

Throw me a rope, will you? I'm stuck in the quicksand and I'm sinking quickly...

Nope, this is what you said. I didn't have to put any of it in your mouth.

You definitely did say that. YOU act like you know him. You are now going back on these statements. YOU acted like you KNOW he is a prima dona, that he doesn't have the "heart". YOU said that.

I plainly said you don't know **** about him or his situation.

I never once claimed to be "plugged in" to the HS football situation out here. I was claiming that you don't know Kozan and you don't know his situation, which seems to be true. You can look at lifting numbers all you want, but that doesn't tell you anything about a kids talent or heart. If you want to use those numbers to justify why you don't think he is a good fit for Iowa, then so be it. That is at least a genuine reason. Claiming he has no heart and no work ethic is ignorant at best.

You throw **** at a wall and hope it sticks - and that is exactly what you are doing in this situation.

dayum.jpg

interesting website.

Out of curiosity I compared the #s and Iowa had nearly 300 NFL players, while Colorado about 160...despite the fact that Colorado's population is over 5 Million, and Iowa's is about 3 Million.

Either we're a football factory...or Colorado is pretty weak.

Thats what I was saying. Except I dind't need a web site to tell me. If you have ever watched games in the states I mentioned it is obvious. How many come out of ILL? I bet a but load. Like I said I have seen very talented kids out there go to D2 schools left and right. Before the opportunity came up to move out to CO, I was on here hounding you guys about the fact we, the people who live in Iowa need to step up our coaching and just general support of HS programs all over the state. Cuz we are falling behind at a fairly fast rate. Besides if we can produce more talent for the college program we are fans of, all the better, right.

Last edited:
From Michigan fan on another board.

from an UM site..Webb is pretty solid for info

Sam Webb said this morning had no info on a timeline. He believes it's between Auburn & UM & thought it was equal as to new signees & existing players at both schools for playing time for Kozan. He also said Kozan's decision would be influenced by their business school since he is very interested in that major. Seems a no brainer on that-Ross vs. Auburn? Kozan was quoted as saying that Auburn's business school was one of the best in the country-go figure. I don't know what kind of student he is, but if he chooses Auburn, maybe he thinks he can do better in the business school at Auburn than UM. Just speculating.

interesting...Auburns undergrad b school is unranked while UM is 6
Business School Rankings and Profiles: EMBA, Executive Education, MBA, Part-time MBA, Distance MBA

and again...unranked for MBA also...UM 7

Business School Rankings and Profiles: EMBA, Executive Education, MBA, Part-time MBA, Distance MBA

follow up from that board: BTW, that Michigan fan is a dip****

(this from an Auburn Fan)

Yeah, I heard a variation of that story. UM evidently does not accept Fr into its business school, but Auburn will. There was evidently some concern that he would not get in at UM and he would be stuck there, where AU will basically stick him straight in.

So I sent an email, out after getting slamed on this board this morning. I was told, that was all he knew about the kid, but sent me a few links and asked what kind of players I thought this program might produce. Wonder who and what kind of talent they will play now??

Valor Christian football gets kicked out of Pioneer League - The Denver Post

and the general reaction to the school.

Valor Christian football: The best in Colorado? | Prepped

I really fail to see what this has to do with ANYTHING.

Are these kids getting paid to attend Valor? I don't get what the issues are with them, they just to good?

You dont find it odd, that a "christian" school is having a hard time with trust in the league they are or were in? I would think a christian school would not conduct itself in any other then a upstanding way, example to the kids and all I guess. Oh yea and from the comments, " 9 sports infractions in the short time they have been operatiing"
"1 sanction related to several families, students and a faculty member participating in purchasing an automobile as a charitable gift to a faculty member who was coaching our boys soccer program. CHSAA restricts coaches from receiving remuneration outside of their stipend contract. (2010)"

Odd no?? What a way to run a HS program. One thing I can tell you if something looks funny and smells funny, somethings pry not right. I would bet the chsaa had good reason to give them the boot.

Last edited:

Latest posts