AJ Derby now a linebacker

It sounds like he's got the size and frame (6'4" 232) to be a better defensive end than a linebacker. There's less depth there than at linebacker, especially next year.
Yep. Build him up and line him up with Alvis at the other DE next year.

he could have been a 4 year starter at a number of positions. I am betting the freshman from fla will beat him out after next year.

He gave QB a shot, screwed up, fell out of favor with the coaches. The team needs a LB he needs to prove he is not a tool. Makes some sense.

Last edited:
I said earlier this is 100% true. I know he's practiced at LB this week. Take it or leave it, I don't ******* care.

hmmm. I am almost convicned he switched to lb. However, he would still be the backup this year. I doubt Weinke is close to AJ's level. Ruddick is the Qb of the future, but they will not burn his rs

Just finished talking with Canzeri and Alston. Derby practiced with the linebackers today and apparently looked fairly impressive.

Just finished talking with Canzeri and Alston. Derby practiced with the linebackers today and apparently looked fairly impressive.

You just talked with these two? A quote from someone or Practice photos would be nice. I'm sure coach wouldn't allow it tho.

Derby could split some time at both positions. Being 3rd team QB, he isn't a practice priority on offense....

Every QB knows something about every position. That's their job. Having played that position all your life, while living with a guy that knows how to teach the position, would not hurt your learning curve either...

IU would be a great game to get your feet wet!

Maybe next year, right now with Nielsen, Morris and Hitchens injured the bigger need is at LB.

With Derby getting a look at the LEO spot ... it will provide us with a good impression of how he might fare closer to the LOS. If he can do well at LEO ... then he could probably also transition over to DE too.

However, if he's not as good being so close to the LOS ... then he might be better suited to play at ILB. I'll be curious to see if he's the type of guy who can handle the responsibilities of the LEO spot or not .... it's really a tough spot to play ... and definitely a pretty central spot to our D.

You just talked with these two? A quote from someone or Practice photos would be nice. I'm sure coach wouldn't allow it tho.

Derby could split some time at both positions. Being 3rd team QB, he isn't a practice priority on offense....

Every QB knows something about every position. That's their job. Having played that position all your life, while living with a guy that knows how to teach the position, would not hurt your learning curve either...

IU would be a great game to get your feet wet!

Seeing as the live about 5 feet across from me and are frequently in my room playing xbox with me, yes, I just talked with them.

365. I didn't see the post you are responding to as questioning the veracity of your OP.

dmShort asked him for a quote or photos. Seems like he is doubting the legitimacy of his post to me.

Why does everyone need a photo or link to believe people? There are people out there, especially college kids, that interact with these players that come here with good information. Its not that hard to believe.

dmShort asked him for a quote or photos. Seems like he is doubting the legitimacy of his post to me.

Why does everyone need a photo or link to believe people? There are people out there, especially college kids, that interact with these players that come here with good information. Its not that hard to believe.

LOL, I know. Everyone always wants a quote. Ya know these are college kids and they actually do hang out and interact with other college kids. Its not like the football team is locked up inside the Hayden Fry football complex and Kinnick Stadium 24/7

Latest posts