Aaron White!

If Aaron adds some bulk in the lower body and tones up in the upper body and keeps working on that 3 pt. shot and a little hook shot he will be a 1st rounder. Reminds me a lot of Mason Plumlee or Elias Harris. Just needs a little weight in his legs.

Last edited:
If Aaron adds some bulk in the lower body and tones up in the upper body and keeps working on that 3 pt. shot and a little hook shot he will be a 1st rounder. Reminds me a lot of Mason Plumlee or Elias Harris. Just needs a little weight in his legs.

Mason Plumlee? Last I checked he was 6'10"/11" and plays power forward/center. White is 6'8" and is a hybrid 4. Plumlee is a post-up type guy. White loves to get out and run and does it well. Don't quite see any similarities at all. Not sure about Harris as I've not seen enough of him.

Harris is a stretch 4. White is more like 6'9" now and the comparison to plumlee on my part was more of Plumlee's ability to run the court well and handle the ball which he does well for his size like White.

Harris is a stretch 4. White is more like 6'9" now and the comparison to plumlee on my part was more of Plumlee's ability to run the court well and handle the ball which he does well for his size like White.

Fair enough. I gotta watch Harris. Have not seen the kid play much.

Reminds me of Bill Jones on defense - lanky and sneaky, but on offense . . . not sure I've seen a hawkeye quite like him. Very unique skill set.

Aaron White will not be a first rounder. I would be shocked if he stuck with an NBA team.

Aaron White will not be a first rounder. I would be shocked if he stuck with an NBA team.

So....you're a GM now? What team do you work for? Whatever you do for a living, my gut tells me you missed your calling in life. I see you just got done throwing Gabe under the bus in a different post. Now you're doing it again to White? Can't wait to read the next one.

Mr. Sunshine emerges from the clouds yet again ... :eek:

images

Remember White is only a sophmore. There always seems to be huge progress from the sophmore to junior years, so there is definately more to come. I would have to say that the most important thing he needs to work on is more from a physical standpoint. He absolutely needs to strengthen his hands, wrists and forearms, he tends to lose the ball in traffic and gets in swatted out of his hands pretty easily. I know its worked to his advantage so far against this compition in drawing fouls but those are not always gonna be called especially when we get to the big. Also, his three point shot, I dont think it's mechanical at all, I just dont think he's all that confident in shoooting it. This kid is an absolute stud though, and I relly enjoy watching him play - he's a throwback.

So....you're a GM now? What team do you work for? Whatever you do for a living, my gut tells me you missed your calling in life. I see you just got done throwing Gabe under the bus in a different post. Now you're doing it again to White? Can't wait to read the next one.

Why are you guys such cry babies? I didn't say he sucks, I said he's probably not going to play in the NBA. He's a great college player, but his game will not transfer to the NBA. Iowa lists him at 6'8", 218lbs. That is not an NBA body. He would need to gain 20 pounds and become more explosive to play PF in the NBA.

It is much the same reason a guy like Gatens couldn't get on in the NBA. Although he did a lot of things well, he didn't excel at anything, and he was a touch small and a step slow for the pros. Hundreds of great college players were the same way.

Why are you guys such cry babies? I didn't say he sucks, I said he's probably not going to play in the NBA. He's a great college player, but his game will not transfer to the NBA. Iowa lists him at 6'8", 218lbs. That is not an NBA body. He would need to gain 20 pounds and become more explosive to play PF in the NBA.

It is much the same reason a guy like Gatens couldn't get on in the NBA. Although he did a lot of things well, he didn't excel at anything, and he was a touch small and a step slow for the pros. Hundreds of great college players were the same way.

Aaron white is athletic for a 6'9" guy with great length, handles for his size, finishes with both hands, runs the court, terrific rebounder who can also hit the outside shot. He definitely has an NBA skill set.

Remember White is only a sophmore. There always seems to be huge progress from the sophmore to junior years, so there is definately more to come. I would have to say that the most important thing he needs to work on is more from a physical standpoint. He absolutely needs to strengthen his hands, wrists and forearms, he tends to lose the ball in traffic and gets in swatted out of his hands pretty easily. I know its worked to his advantage so far against this compition in drawing fouls but those are not always gonna be called especially when we get to the big. Also, his three point shot, I dont think it's mechanical at all, I just dont think he's all that confident in shoooting it. This kid is an absolute stud though, and I relly enjoy watching him play - he's a throwback.

It is still very early and hard to say what his draft potential is. First round is probably quite a reach.

DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Aaron White, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

NBA draft express is a good site. You can see where he is currently ranked in his class and read scouting on him.

AW is shooting 12.5% from 3PT, I don't think that is a great outside shot. If he can develop that he'll have a better shot. A lot better athletes in the NBA to stuff up the middle, play D, and rebound than what Aaron has seen so far.

Aaron white is athletic for a 6'9" guy with great length, handles for his size, finishes with both hands, runs the court, terrific rebounder who can also hit the outside shot. He definitely has an NBA skill set.

He's not a very good outside shooter at all. He has some NBA skills, but, like I said, he doesn't have NBA size or NBA athleticism.

You forgot the fact he's 1/4 thru his sophomore season which means he has 2 1/2 yrs to develop. And have you happened to notice where Gatens is playing? He's playing in the top European League for a solid team. Don't rule him out of the NBA just yet. Lots of guys go overseas to refine / develop their games only to return to the states to play in the NBA. I'm shocked you don't know that?

He's not a very good outside shooter at all. He has some NBA skills, but, like I said, he doesn't have NBA size or NBA athleticism.

Aaron has more than enough time to develop an NBA game, and he's got beaucoup intangibles to help him get there. But Ghost is right; if he were to play in an NBA game tomorrow, it would go...poorly.

Lol no NBA athleticism? That's why he gets to the lane sometimes at will against B1G post players? And those dunks are because he's unathletic? And he leads the team in rebounding because he's unathletic? And beats his man down the court routinely because he's unathletic? YOu're a tool.

Latest posts