A New Recruiting Low: Kid Picks Old Dominion Over Iowa

Old Dominion also got a corner with a Wisconsin offer. Wisconsin must be a dumpster fire, too. Who knew?

Old Dominion is closer to Georgia and he likes an "urban" setting... It happens. It doesn't help that he visited during the dead of winter and his face probably hurt when he walked outside. Some of you don't understand how hard it is to get some of these southern kids to move to the Midwest. It's a reality people... get over it.

The thumbs down button is still off, right? :)

That's right, one of the kids we put a late full-court press on this week to shore up the defense of line has told coach ferentz that he is sticking with old dominion over An offer from one of the wealthiest, most well funded programs in the country. Very impressive job by the coaching staff on this one.

Meanwhile, it sounds like we are going to steal a commit from northern Iowa, a kid from Ankeny centennial. We are closer and closer to landing double figures number of kids from the state of Iowa. Take that UNI! Our coaching staff out works every other coaching staff in the country...or something.

Just think of all those "great stories" we'll be getting!

Old Dominion also got a corner with a Wisconsin offer. Wisconsin must be a dumpster fire, too. Who knew?

Old Dominion is closer to Georgia and he likes an "urban" setting... It happens. It doesn't help that he visited during the dead of winter and his face probably hurt when he walked outside. Some of you don't understand how hard it is to get some of these southern kids to move to the Midwest. It's a reality people... get over it.

I guess Brad Banks, Abdul Hodge, Drew Tate, etc. must not have visited Iowa's campus in the winter, then. :rolleyes:

The kids name is Miles fox. A 270 pound defensive lineman out of Georgia. I like that we are recruiting the southeast a little bit, but seriously, getting out recruited by a no-name program is just embarrassing. Our coach literally makes eight times more money than their coach.

All the complaining you do on this board about how bad Iowa's recruits are and now you're complaining that we "lost out" on a 2-star recruit who held no Power 5 offers except from us and Ga Tech? (He had 4 other offers from FCS schools.)

Nebraska.... MSU....Wiscosin... Minny.... I guess 25 degrees is just a little colder in Iowa

“They tried to say how much better they were [than Old Dominion] on multiple occasions,” Fox said.

There's the problem. You don't talk down about someone's original choice. All it does is make them defend their original decision and drive and wedge further between that player and your school.

Iowa needs to get some damn salesmen as recruiters so they can start selling Iowa.

That's right, one of the kids we put a late full-court press on this week to shore up the defense of line has told coach ferentz that he is sticking with old dominion over An offer from one of the wealthiest, most well funded programs in the country. Very impressive job by the coaching staff on this one.

Meanwhile, it sounds like we are going to steal a commit from northern Iowa, a kid from Ankeny centennial. We are closer and closer to landing double figures number of kids from the state of Iowa. Take that UNI! Our coaching staff out works every other coaching staff in the country...or something.

I am not happy about current affairs here...but... there could be alot of reasons why the kid didn't want to come here.. One,maybe he wanted to attend a small school with small classes taught by real professors. We got in late,so he may have established a relationship with that coaching staff and felt real comfortable going there. Maybe he didn't feel he could compete at the BIG level and wanted to go where he knows he can play. It would suck to be on the bench for a career and all the work that goes into just being apart of this team.

Matt Hughes is one player that thought coming out of HS he was getting in over his head and wasn't sure he could compete at that this level.

All the complaining you do on this board about how bad Iowa's recruits are and now you're complaining that we "lost out" on a 2-star recruit who held no Power 5 offers except from us and Ga Tech? (He had 4 other offers from FCS schools.)

This is exactly it. If he would have picked Iowa, dude would have b!tched and moaned as well.....That is why he is a joke, he is gonna hate no matter what, instead of having an actual logical opinion. I mean he complains about the Iowa kids on the team, even though the Paulsen twins are 4* on Scout, and high 3* on rivals. He says Boyle is too small to be a QB, even though he is 6' 215 lbs and built like our current LB's. He just has zero clue really.

There is plenty to complain about and hate on with Iowa football. Yet to just complain about EVERYTHING because you are too dense to sort out the good and the bad is just annoying......and that is what Iowalaw does, just b!tches about everything.

Agreed that this kid going to ODU is not the end of the world.

FYI--Norfolk is "urban" in the same way that Des Moines is "urban"--i.e., it isn't. Maybe the kid likes ship yards....

Second FYI--for those of you who haven't spent any time in the area, "Norfolk" is pronounced "Norfick" by those that have lived there for awhile and "Noffick" by the natives.

This is actually the highest rated recruiting class of the post-Norm/KOK era in terms of average rating per recruit of 2.81 (per rivals). I’m gonna wait til signing day before casting judgment, as there’s still some talented, uncommitted recruits.

“They tried to say how much better they were [than Old Dominion] on multiple occasions,â€￾ Fox said.

There's the problem. You don't talk down about someone's original choice. All it does is make them defend their original decision and drive and wedge further between that player and your school.

Iowa needs to get some damn salesmen as recruiters so they can start selling Iowa.

If I was a recruit, I would expect coaches to sell the program.. "Why should I play for you instead of another program? Tell me what you have to offer." Maybe not in those exact words, but you get the idea. But if whoever was recruiting me came across as arrogant, that could be a turn off.

If I was a recruit, I would expect coaches to sell the program.. "Why should I play for you instead of another program? Tell me what you have to offer." Maybe not in those exact words, but you get the idea. But if whoever was recruiting me came across as arrogant, that could be a turn off.

Exactly. My question is...if you're so committed to Old Dom then why even take a visit? ONLY because it's free? There had to have been some doubt in his mind that made him want to visit Iowa. I wonder if the recruiter found out that one thing.

They play football there? Who knew. Pretty bad when losing recruits to teams you don't even know the name of the mascot. That should be the litmus test.

300px-Foreman_Field_1946_PC.jpg

The kind of guy who makes excuses for when a former Big 10 power and Orange Bowl winner with the nation's 4th highest paid coach loses a recruit to Old Dominion is the kind of guy who thinks the team's goals are to "win bowl championships" and thinks success is not a matter of wins and losses but more a matter of effort...and grade point averages. Are you on Kirk's staff, by chance?