$95 a seat?

Would you pay $100 + for tix to this game?

• Yes I would

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • No I would not

Votes: 37 58.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every year the athletic department finds a way to f*** something up, usually around the football program. Red pom poms against Wisconsin, the embarrassing excuse survey after the disaster season of 2014, now $95 tickets resulting in thousands of empty seats on the biggest game night of the year (both in terms of national exposure and recruiting). Hey, let's artificially jack up ticket prices when we know that attendance is sagging in college football. Pure genius.

Every year the athletic department finds a way to f*** something up, usually around the football program. Red pom poms against Wisconsin, the embarrassing excuse survey after the disaster season of 2014, now $95 tickets resulting in thousands of empty seats on the biggest game night of the year (both in terms of national exposure and recruiting). Hey, let's artificially jack up ticket prices when we know that attendance is sagging in college football. Pure genius.

It's incredibly frustrating.

So a little math: 66,000 x $95 each = $6.3 million roughly. or 70,000 x say $60 each = $4.2M. I don't know about you but I know which one I am taking. Sure you want full stands but are 4,000 seats really a noticeable audible and visual difference if scattered around the stadium? And you can say well it just puts people off, well maybe. They still do lower priced games and youth games.

And do you all want great facilities or do you just want middle of pack facilities?

So a little math: 66,000 x $95 each = $6.3 million roughly. or 70,000 x say $60 each = $4.2M. I don't know about you but I know which one I am taking. Sure you want full stands but are 4,000 seats really a noticeable audible and visual difference if scattered around the stadium? And you can say well it just puts people off, well maybe. They still do lower priced games and youth games.

And do you all want great facilities or do you just want middle of pack facilities?
Why do people insist on using false numbers. STH pay an average of 58 dollars. Students are less.

The reason for this embarrassment are two fold. Iowa got greedy. Jacking up your most expensive ticket over 10% is the definition of greed.

Secondly people in Iowa like to plan when it comes to going to Iowa games. This was proven without a doubt in 2015 when we had such a great season and there are so many empty seats. With the 12 day advance warning that killed some planning. There is nothing we can do about that but when you have prices that were so jacked up the Casual fans going to stay away.

I know they're offering students half price on regular tickets. Wish they'd do something to get rid of those extra tickets quick and make it full.

Why do people insist on using false numbers. STH pay an average of 58 dollars. Students are less.

Do they now?? I guess you don't pay seat premiums. My average price per seat is $100.71 a seat for my season tickets! If I were up a few more rows they would be $143.57 each. Do you think the totally committed people like having the singles being sold by the University in the same area being sold for only and I mean ONLY $95???

Last edited:
The reason for this embarrassment are two fold. Iowa got greedy. Jacking up your most expensive ticket over 10% is the definition of greed.

Secondly people in Iowa like to plan when it comes to going to Iowa games. This was proven without a doubt in 2015 when we had such a great season and there are so many empty seats. With the 12 day advance warning that killed some planning. There is nothing we can do about that but when you have prices that were so jacked up the Casual fans going to stay away.

They got greedy back when they assessed seat premiums and we had fallout. This is not that big of an issue or contributing factor for one game. Any season ticket holder sitting in a premium area, which is a very very large area of Kinnick already pays more than $95 a seat for their seats.

Oh I completely agree. I'm just sick of this stigma from some fans that if you don't go to the games in person you're not a true fan.

Just as long as those that don't go and never really would go anyway don't sit and bitch about ticket prices. For those who cannot afford it, but would go otherwise, totally understand.

Do they now?? I guess you don't pay seat premiums. My average price per seat is $100.71 a seat for my season tickets! If I were up a few more rows they would be $143.57 each. Do you think the totally committed people like having the singles being sold by the University in the same area being sold for only and I mean ONLY $95???
If you want to include the donation as part of my ticket price it's $65 because I sit in the $50 per ticket donation area. You may be somewhat forced to make this donation. You can still sit in areas that don't require I donation if you want. You still claim 80%of this figure on your taxes. For most it's not a big amount but it's something. Also that person who was season tickets especially ones that are donating more are going to have the better seats then some person that just decides they want to go to one game.

So even if we try to include your donations as part of your argument it's still inaccurate.

We also need to remember the last four to five thousand people buying tickets are often Casual fans. So going to a game to them it's just something fun to do unlike the season ticket holder like you and myself westender who who are extremely passionate about anything Iowa.

Not saying people that don't buy season tickets aren't true fans. But quite often when you're looking at those last few thousand seats sold you often see the Casual fan.

Last edited:
Those who think the games are as good from their couch as they are in person really aren't the market Iowa football is trying to capture.

I'll say this, the people got 90 bucks worth of entertainment. 95 dollars worth would have been winning the game obviously

If you want to include the donation as part of my ticket price it's $65 because I sit in the $50 per ticket donation area. You may be somewhat forced to make this donation. You can still sit in areas that don't require I donation if you want. You still claim 80%of this figure on your taxes. For most it's not a big amount but it's something. Also that person who was season tickets especially ones that are donating more are going to have the better seats then some person that just decides they want to go to one game.

So even if we try to include your donations as part of your argument it's still inaccurate.

BS. And if you think they should be selling lower priced seating all the time in the west side and east side where the ticket prices are HIGHER than face value you are full of @!$%@$%^

For those that think sitting on their couch in the AC watching on HD compares to what went on inside the actual stadium Saturday night you are sorely mistaken. Loudest game for the complete game that I have seen in a long long time. Hopefully that came through on the HDs.

There was 0 noticeable difference with it not being a sellout.

Latest posts