2nd Annual Cy-Hawk Team (Combined Roster Starters)

What does the Big 12 have to do with one individual player. David Sims would fit perfectly in Norm Parker's system and would start at FS or SS, he is a monster in the secondary. Speed agility and hitting, he will play in the NFL, will Greenwood? No.

You brought up B12 D Newcomer of the year, not me.

And I make no apology for believing that 2nd team AA Tyler Sash would start over David Sims. But it makes for some funny message board reading

You brought up B12 D Newcomer of the year, not me.

And I make no apology for believing that 2nd team AA Tyler Sash would start over David Sims. But it makes for some funny message board reading
But newcomer of the year, have you seen NU or Texas' defense? You didn't answer my question on Greenwood........he may be a good "system" guy and so would Sims in Iowa's. Sims will play in the pro's, Sash may or may not, Greenwood won't.

Wheres the Kool-aid, Sims will be first team all-Big 12? Bailey Johnson will be a second teamer or third teamer, but would be a first teamer if we had any defensive ends.

Ha-freakin-larious Sims "WILL BE" this, Sims "WILL BE" that..........

And my son is going to be in the NFL someday. Maybe you should wait until the season is over before you crown someone with first team honors. Greenwood has been very affective in the secondary for 3 years straight and that is proven.

But newcomer of the year, have you seen NU or Texas' defense? You didn't answer my question on Greenwood........he may be a good "system" guy and so would Sims in Iowa's. Sims will play in the pro's, Sash may or may not, Greenwood won't.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this, but are you saying "Look at NU and Texas' defenses! Sims competed against those guys for Newcomer of the Year, so he must be that good"? If so, wow, just wow. Ever stop and think that those defenses were so good because they didn't have too many new starters, thus few candidates for Newcomer of the Year? Now had Sims won DPOY in the Big 12, you'd have a little more to go on.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sims a lot. I would actually move Sash to FS and put Sims at SS if it were up to me.

Tell that to Nebraska, Texas, and OU who all ranked in the top 10 in the country last year in total defense.

And that is in a conference that has had a lot of offensive firepower the last 3 years. Just look at the NFL draft the last couple years. A lot of high round draft picks coming out of the Big 12 on offense. Of course the defenses will give up some bigger #'s.

With the exception of Texas, which B12 teams had a lot of offensive firepower last year?

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this, but are you saying "Look at NU and Texas' defenses! Sims competed against those guys for Newcomer of the Year, so he must be that good"? If so, wow, just wow. Ever stop and think that those defenses were so good because they didn't have too many new starters, thus few candidates for Newcomer of the Year? Now had Sims won DPOY in the Big 12, you'd have a little more to go on.

Don't get me wrong, I like Sims a lot. I would actually move Sash to FS and put Sims at SS if it were up to me.

Agree with this. Sash is more of a ball hawk than Sims, and would do well at FS. Sims would definitely bring the hurt though.

Thanks goodness the only argument is at FS. I think that says a lot about both football teams.

Also Jon are you assuming a 4-3 defense? ISU will use alot of 4-2-5 this year, in that scheme you need the speed of Knott and Klein, if it were last year I would take Edds over either those guys in 4-2-5, but we are talking 2010.

I don't watch a ton of Iowa State games...but I have to admit his stat line from last year is pretty impressive.

88 tackles 3 forced fumbles 5 interceptions

He's got the bulk...5'9 208 lbs...that if he is fast/quick...he sounds like a pretty impressive player. For those that put a lot of stock into such things...he was originally a 4 star Oklahoma commit. I don't follow ISU all that closely but this guy appears to be pretty legit.

With the exception of Ohio State, who in the Big 10 had a lot of offensive firepower last year?

I never said the B10 had a lot of offensive firepower last year. However, we did hold G Tech, Oregon, Miami, and LSU below 20 points during bowl season.

I never said the B10 had a lot of offensive firepower last year. However, we did hold G Tech, Oregon, Miami, and LSU below 20 points during bowl season.

Probably shouldn't have quoted you. I was referring to all the people who say Sims getting defensive newcomer of the year in the Big 12 is worthless because the Big 12 doesn't play defense, but then also claim there's no offensive firepower. You'd have to apply that logic to Iowa too then. Are Sash's stats diminished because he played bad offenses for most of the year?

Can't have it both ways.

So....if Iowa dominates this "roster"....why do I always get very nervous before this game? :)

I don't watch a ton of Iowa State games...but I have to admit his stat line from last year is pretty impressive.

88 tackles 3 forced fumbles 5 interceptions

He's got the bulk...5'9 208 lbs...that if he is fast/quick...he sounds like a pretty impressive player. For those that put a lot of stock into such things...he was originally a 4 star Oklahoma commit. I don't follow ISU all that closely but this guy appears to be pretty legit.

Yes he was an ex OU committ. Pound for pound the strongest guy on the team. Only had a short period of time at ISU before the season started. With a full off season he should be even better next year.

Latest posts