2019 Tyreke Locure

I'm not sure anyone is dumb enough to just blatantly lie about something that could be looked up so easily.

I'm not sure anyone is dumb enough to just blatantly lie about something that could be looked up so easily.
DJ isn't dumb. He knew he was lying. We all have lapses in judgement. It's not that big of an issue, but I'm sure it would be if Tyreke did it. ;)

It isn't at all fair to compare Wieskamp though. He was double or triple teamed every possession. He held the ball more than the other two and he isn't a point guard. You could probably take away half of his turnovers from simply his teammates inability to catch a pass and quadruple his assists if you improved his teammates ability to score baskets to even mediocre levels.

Locure was double, triple teamed...it just didn't look like it. ;)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

DJ isn't dumb. He knew he was lying. We all have lapses in judgement. It's not that big of an issue, but I'm sure it would be if Tyreke did it. ;)

I don't think he was lying at all. It was probably just a brain fart. Like someone else said there's no reason to lie about something that can easily be proven. Then again our President does it every day soooo...

Iowa & other non-blue blood programs take chances on "project/raw" big men quite often through the years(especially under Mr. Davis). Insert cliche-"you can't teach height," why not take the chance with a 5"10" player? "You can't teach quickness!" I say offer Locure and let the chips & salsa fall where they may.

Iowa & other non-blue blood programs take chances on "project/raw" big men quite often through the years(especially under Mr. Davis). Insert cliche-"you can't teach height," why not take the chance with a 5"10" player? "You can't teach quickness!" I say offer Locure and let the chips & salsa fall where they may.
It's getting closer to where they'll need to hurry up and get off the pot if they are... I really don't want Iowa to have a Nebraska/MN/IL any school like that swoop in and offer before we get around to it because we have our sights set too high on 3 other guys that probably aren't coming and all of a sudden have competition for Locure too that could have been avoided.

Sounds like they've moved on from Locure and are focusing on Noah Hutchins. But who knows for sure.

A little surprised he didn't ride out the July evaluation period but maybe he just felt comfortable there. New coaching staff and close to his home in New Orleans. Good for him.

Latest posts