2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Great to see the Cubs hitting again up and down the line up! Hopefully can keep it going. Monty with a solid start also!

FYI any baseball nuts like me need any high end baseball or softball gear message at me I rep some major brands and can usually get it cheaper than retail.

Reactions: DJL
Russell and Baez hitting is huge. Contreras is burning up. Happ keeps knocking in runs and Riz and Kris have been heating up. Not to mention J Hey. Not an easy out in the lineup right now.

Time to kick the dirty birds out of the race!
Rumors swirling Theo is calling about Darvish. would probably be a rental though. Maybe his master plan is to get Darvish to lure the other big Japanese prospect to the Cubs?? :)

No way, the Cubs relievers are terrible, just watched Strop, Edwards, and now Rondon walk in and serve up 3 top of 8, Jesus and there's still no outs, pathetic

Wow. This game was in their hands and then Edwards, Rondon, and Grimm destroyed all hope. Pathetic pitching by the bullpen.

Never thought the bullpen was a strength but it's been awhile since I've seen one reliever after another pour gasoline on an ember to a wildfire. A lot of pitches were not even competitive. I thought Mathews got squeezed a bit. The bats in the bottom of inning were poor.

Flush it. New game today.

Exciting game today and reminders of last years team with the comeback wins! 7 of 8 after the break, hoping Quintana can make it 8 of 9 tomorrow! Lester was spectacular today!

Another great week! Starting pitching is picking it up after the break! If last night is an indication Schwarbs is heating up look out! We have a chance to make a big statement against the Brewers this weekend, lets do it!

Side note, gonna watch a game at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Anyone been there or any thoughts on tix/parking/staying?

Another great week! Starting pitching is picking it up after the break! If last night is an indication Schwarbs is heating up look out! We have a chance to make a big statement against the Brewers this weekend, lets do it!

Side note, gonna watch a game at PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Anyone been there or any thoughts on tix/parking/staying?

I have a feeling in about a month we will be rooting for the Brewers against the Pirates and Cardinals. The fact that they are still near the top of the division is fool's gold IMO. They just don't have the horses to hang and they will regress back to the mean here shortly.

I've never been to Pittsburgh but it's high on my list of places to visit (seriously). I've heard so many good things about their downtown area. They've done some incredible things to revitalize the area and I think a trip there would be a lot of fun. Make sure let us know how your trip went after you get back!

I have a feeling in about a month we will be rooting for the Brewers against the Pirates and Cardinals. The fact that they are still near the top of the division is fool's gold IMO. They just don't have the horses to hang and they will regress back to the mean here shortly.

I've never been to Pittsburgh but it's high on my list of places to visit (seriously). I've heard so many good things about their downtown area. They've done some incredible things to revitalize the area and I think a trip there would be a lot of fun. Make sure let us know how your trip went after you get back!

Will do, just going to be there for one night to watch a game then on to DC so won't have a lot of time to check things out. They have a lot of cool stuff down there sounds like. Hoping to knock out Nationals Park also :)
Need some tickets still if anyone has connections in either place!

13-3 since the all star break and Theo just made another great deal to get us another solid reliever and a back up catcher! I think Carantini would have been fine probably but getting Avila for pretty much a throw in gives us assurance in case Wilson would get hurt.

13-3 since the all star break and Theo just made another great deal to get us another solid reliever and a back up catcher! I think Carantini would have been fine probably but getting Avila for pretty much a throw in gives us assurance in case Wilson would get hurt.

Don't even think such things!