2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

Avila will be a big help! Like this trade! Relievers always scare the crap out of me! :)

Relievers are winning and losing postseason series for teams any more also. Look what the Royals were able to do with a weak offense but they turned it into a 5 or 6 inning game with their pen if they had a lead early.

Relievers are winning and losing postseason series for teams any more also. Look what the Royals were able to do with a weak offense but they turned it into a 5 or 6 inning game with their pen if they had a lead early.
Our pen has been so up and down. Just keep my fingers crossed it'll all work out. You are correct about the bullpen can win you games with a weak offense. A very good pen is a must this day and age of baseball. By the way..........did the Cubs wear out Chapman? He's had a pretty ruff year.

We gave up Candelerio and a minor league pitcher I believe. So pretty good deal for us, I think Wilson is under contract for another year so we control at least one year.
A lot of rumblings right now on radio that the Cubs are still in the hunt for Sonny Gray, would have to give up Almora, Carantini and maybe another prospect or two. That would be pretty crazy to get control of Quintana and Gray in the same month and have our rotation pretty set for the next few years. They'd almost have to let Lackey go though no?
Or go 6 man rotation possibly, which Joe has mentioned I think. Lester, Jake, Kyle, Jose, Lackey and Gray

We gave up Candelerio and a minor league pitcher I believe. So pretty good deal for us, I think Wilson is under contract for another year so we control at least one year.
A lot of rumblings right now on radio that the Cubs are still in the hunt for Sonny Gray, would have to give up Almora, Carantini and maybe another prospect or two. That would be pretty crazy to get control of Quintana and Gray in the same month and have our rotation pretty set for the next few years. They'd almost have to let Lackey go though no?
Or go 6 man rotation possibly, which Joe has mentioned I think. Lester, Jake, Kyle, Jose, Lackey and Gray
I thought the Yankees got Sonny Gray.

Cubbies getting some of their swagger back boys! Look out! BTW, I think Wilson Contreras is becoming my favorite current player, love the way he plays all out every night. He just loves the game.

Quintana serves up 2 homers top of 1st, damn son, down 4 zip to Greinke.....battle back boys.....

I feel sorry for Lester. He's been pitching great and it seems somebody effs it up for him. Baez what was that!!!!!

Back from Vacation boys, cubbies needed me while I was gone but at least they are salvaging a series against a good Dbacks team. We have had more injuries this year than last by far, Russell and Contreras out right now hurts. Going to be a dog fight until the end but I still think we hold on, once in the playoffs anything can happen. Big thing right now, is Schwarber...man I love this guy and he helped us win it all but he is playing so poorly right now they really can hardly justify having him out there. I have no idea why Joe continues to run him out there, I guess just hoping he finds a groove and gets hot.
BTW, PNC Park in Pittsburgh is fantastic I highly recommend to anyone heading out near there. It is only 4 hours north of DC so we squeezed it in on the way to DC. Only thing that sucked was a 2 hour rain delay, we had to finally leave around midnight as we had to move on.

Latest posts