2017 Chicago Cubs Thread

I get what you're saying. I just don't like them raiding the farm to put a band aid on this year.

It is a direct result of the cost of pitching right now, pitching is just too expensive. I don't believe they would raid the farm quite as much as they have if it wasn't for how young our nucleus is. There just isn't much room for anyone, even Eloy was 2-3 years away and then not sure we'd have a spot for him. This tells me none of the current position players are going anywhere and they like what they have there.

I knew starting pitching would be an issue, but I thought it would be down the road before Theo had to address it. l was thinking 2 or 3 years,not 6 or 7 months before he had to deal with this. My thought process was Theo could gradually work new guys into the starting rotation and phase guys out. Arrieta, Lester, Hendricks, you cringe and think how do the Cubs get rid of these dudes.

Good start with a W, but goodness, our pitching is horrendous. Theo needs to clean house. What worked last year hasn't so far this year.

Quintana isn't a band-aid for this year. He is a top of the staff starter the Cubs have cheap for 3 more years. Lackey is gone for sure after this season and probably Arrieta since he doesn't eat up innings. Their contracts are up. So he's not only a fix for this year, but a fix for losing those two.

The Cubs gave up top prospects that are in the low minors. There is no guarantee what they're going to do. You know pretty much what Quintana is going to do.

It's a good trade for the Cubs. Could be a very good trade for the Sox in 2-4 years. Or it could not be.

Great start to the 2nd half, lots of offense finally and Quintana looked fantastic! Sweep of the o's now keep it rolling!

The Cubs will be a one-hit wonder in baseball. First, the organization demands their games be played in windy, homerun-prone Wrigley Field. Next, the organization demands all catchers have guns for arms because two of their starting pitchers can't hold base runners on. Well, that didn't matter as long as those starters kept the the bases empty, like most of last year. Another reason the Cubs will be a one-hit wonder in baseball.

Montero doesn't belong in an orgainzation the likes of the Cubs. He should want to play for a winning organization. At least, I would.
As often as you're wrong I'm thinking you must write horoscopes for newspapers.

4 Straight! Hopefully this is the start of a nice 15 or 20 game run. Our schedule lightens up a lot in the 2nd half

Four solid starts for the pitchers too. That's encouraging.

Three. Granted they won the opener but between the start by Montgomery and the relief by Grimm, they turned a nice little Friday laugher into a very stressful situation.

On the other hand, Arrieta, Quintana and Lester looked absolutely fantastic!

No freaking way the Brew Crew hang on, we just have to take every game as its our last and make every pitch count, and at bat count...

No freaking way the Brew Crew hang on, we just have to take every game as its our last and make every pitch count, and at bat count...

We must stay healthy too, which we didn't do very well in the 1st half.
The Brewers had to have been po'd when the Cubs made the Qunitana move. They are looking for someone like him also and we stole one from them.

We must stay healthy too, which we didn't do very well in the 1st half.
The Brewers had to have been po'd when the Cubs made the Qunitana move. They are looking for someone like him also and we stole one from them.

I have a feeling they will make some sort of move before the deadline. Also from everything I've read, Jed & Theo are still looking for more arms. Can't imagine they have a ton of faith in Lackey & Montgomery. Although I saw Hendricks just threw 5 perfect innings in his rehab assignment last night so you have to assume one of those two are getting bumped. Be sad to see Lackey go out like that but he can't just assume that 5 spot is his.

Jason Heyward had a very good week with 6 rbi's! I was very critical of him last year and I want to give him props for stepping up his game this year. Keep it up Jason!

Bryant left the game with an injury. Word on the street is broken finger. Not good considering the Cubs are finally starting to play how we expected them to.