2016 Recruiting Is Actually Going Worse Than 2014 and 2015?

Welcome aboard, 6'3, 275lb 2 star Spencer Williams, straight out of the metropolis of Cedar Falls, IA. No BCS offers, but I Florida Atlantic was hot on his trail. Kirk is patting himself on the back at this steal.

Again, this could be a great diamond in the rough. But wouldn't it be nice to get a guy that teams competing for Big 10 titles wanted?

Welcome aboard, 6'3, 275lb 2 star Spencer Williams, straight out of the metropolis of Cedar Falls, IA. No BCS offers, but I Florida Atlantic was hot on his trail. Kirk is patting himself on the back at this steal.

Again, this could be a great diamond in the rough. But wouldn't it be nice to get a guy that teams competing for Big 10 titles wanted?

Those type of players in Iowa are few & far between. There is no in-state talent. Iowa got Micah from Ohio & MSU got Bell from Columbus. Two players coming out of high school that weren't considered Buckeye caliber talent. Iowa is a third world country competing against nuclear powers.

Instead of complaining about recruiting, start a fund raising campaign in your community to build a state-of-the-art weight lifting facility for your local high school. You wouldn't believe the weight lifting facilities in central Ohio. None of them were built with tax dollars.

My twin sons went to a high school that opened in the fall of '92. The football coach didn't like the weight lifting facilities. By the time the twins entered high school in the fall of '99, the school had a large free standing weight lifting facility with men & women's locker rooms, showers & rest rooms. The community bought the land from the school district, built the facility, bought the weights & then donated everything back to the school district.

The twins spent every Monday, Wednesday & Friday during summer vacation lifting weights. By the start of the senior year certain minimums had to be meet for each lift. As an example, each player had to bench-press at least 125 percent of his weight. A 200 lb. player had to bench press at least 250 lbs. or they were cut.

Is there some kind of bot program that unleashes a bunch of snarky comments whenever any kid commits. Like a 275lb. offensive lineman from Eastern Iowa is some kind of let down for some guys.

Well I would HOPE we are just lagging behind because we are going after legit D1 players, but I am sure REALALITY will kick us in the *** come signing day.

Those type of players in Iowa are few & far between. There is no in-state talent. Iowa got Micah from Ohio & MSU got Bell from Columbus. Two players coming out of high school that weren't considered Buckeye caliber talent. Iowa is a third world country competing against nuclear powers.

Nobody expects Iowa to pull kids from Ohio State. Ohio State cant take them all. There's no reason Iowa cant win battles against Michigan State instead of fighting off Stephen F Austin for players

This is a staff on its way out the door after this season anyway. Bring in all the Iowa kids you want Kirk. It's sad what this program has become and even sadder how some fans continue to make excuses for Kirk. There are no more excuses. We are the Northwestern of the conference ... Even Minnesota has surpassed us. It's really mind boggling to me how anyone continue to think Kirk will turn this around. Next year the schedule gets much tougher. Next year, a Kirk-led team won't even sniff wins ...

Well now I wouldn't say that. Iowa has won 4 of the last 5 vs Michigan, 2 of 3 vs Minnesota, and 3 of 4 vs Northwestern.

Is there some kind of bot program that unleashes a bunch of snarky comments whenever any kid commits. Like a 275lb. offensive lineman from Eastern Iowa is some kind of let down for some guys.

This

I'm OK with us landing a 6'3" 275 offensive lineman who wants to play for Iowa. I understand the argument about Ferentz always relying on getting diamonds in the rough from guys who were recruited by only MAC schools and such, but he really does have a track record in that area when it comes to OLs. The size is there to start with and Kirk can build on his fundamentals. When it comes to OLs like this kid, we're going to be alright.

This

I'm OK with us landing a 6'3" 275 offensive lineman who wants to play for Iowa. I understand the argument about Ferentz always relying on getting diamonds in the rough from guys who were recruited by only MAC schools and such, but he really does have a track record in that area when it comes to OLs. The size is there to start with and Kirk can build on his fundamentals. When it comes to OLs like this kid, we're going to be alright.

If there's one thing in the whole world KF has earned it's the right to recruit O lineman how he chooses... He gets the benefit of the doubt from me there. It's not very often that you should need lineman to play early and it's how these kids look their redshirt sophomore year that matters more then anything. Now when it comes to WRs or RBs....

Nobody expects Iowa to pull kids from Ohio State. Ohio State cant take them all. There's no reason Iowa cant win battles against Michigan State instead of fighting off Stephen F Austin for players

We used to be able to compete with MSU's of the world on this front. We might want to use a different program for our example until such time as we have double digit win totals in 4 of our last 5 seasons as they have. We used to be more like them that's for sure.

Per 247 /Class Recruiting Rankings (national):

2016 to date.......MSU #6, Iowa #61

2015.........MSU #22, Iowa #59

2014.........MSU #25, Iowa #59

tl:dr

but I am going to guess it has something to do with how awful every aspect of Iowa Hawkeye football has become in the last 5 years and that KF and his whole staff should be changed immediately.

tiresome.

I ask you, or any other KF apologist, how is Iowa football gonna get any better when we can't complain about problems like recruiting facing the program? In KF's heyday, Iowa would draft highly athletic players and maybe plug them into 'less athletic' positions but now Iowa doesn't have any highly athletic players nor seemly can recruit them.

Last edited:
Fact, Iowa has won 10 of the last 16 games vs Michigan State. Dantonio the dbag wishes that his program would be as successful as the Iowa program. Despite his program being as unethical as it is Iowa is still greater.

It's way too early to freak out. Signing day isn't for 8 months. As we see every year verbals don't mean ****. Am I concerned about our recruiting based on the past few years? Yes, of course, but I'm not going to panic at the beginning of freaking June. Give the staff some time before going all chicken little.
Last season was a good indicator there is a recruiting problem at Iowa.

Fact, Iowa has won 10 of the last 16 games vs Michigan State. Dantonio the dbag wishes that his program would be as successful as the Iowa program. Despite his program being as unethical as it is Iowa is still greater.

lolz...

Fact, Ferentz is 7-9 against ISU, a team that has had one winning season in the last nine years..........and your point is?

Looks like he got his wish and then some.

Latest posts