2016 Recruiting Is Actually Going Worse Than 2014 and 2015?

It sounds like we just snagged some more low hanging fruit to boost our commitment total to 6. This time, a zero star out of Algona (town of 5,000 people). 6'4, 275 lb kid named Banwart. Zero other offers.

Maybe now that we got that out of the way, we can start going after some athletes with speed with multiple Big 10 offers/

Fact, Iowa has won 10 of the last 16 games vs Michigan State. Dantonio the dbag wishes that his program would be as successful as the Iowa program. Despite his program being as unethical as it is Iowa is still greater.

Ok, now I KNOW you're either Barta's intern or a Clown troll. So, which is it? You'll feel better about yourself if you just come clean.

tl:dr

but I am going to guess it has something to do with how awful every aspect of Iowa Hawkeye football has become in the last 5 years and that KF and his whole staff should be changed immediately.

tiresome.

I ask you, or any other KF apologist, how is Iowa football gonna get any better when we can't complain about problems like recruiting facing the program? In KF's heyday, Iowa would draft highly athletic players and maybe plug them into 'less athletic' positions but now Iowa doesn't have any highly athletic players nor seemly can recruit them.

complain away, it seems to be helping.

-apologist :cool:

It's been a solid week on the recruiting front. Then again, I'm not usually one to complain about lowly ranked Iowa kids committing because it seems they typically work their way into a starting position and prove to be well worth it. The Taylor pick up was nice.

Anyways... when whining about recruiting just remember it could always be worse. We could be Iowa State right now. I believe they are sitting at a whopping 0 commits. Impressive stuff. No worries though. They'll go get a JUCO guy like Rodney Coe to save the day!

It sounds like we just snagged some more low hanging fruit to boost our commitment total to 6. This time, a zero star out of Algona (town of 5,000 people). 6'4, 275 lb kid named Banwart. Zero other offers.

Maybe now that we got that out of the way, we can start going after some athletes with speed with multiple Big 10 offers/

When they're 0-stars that doesn't worry mean because it just means something's held up the process in his rating, not that he can't play football. Now, if he was a 2 star guy, I'd be more worried. BTW, are guys ever rated 1 star?

Somebody tell Iowalaw that the kid from Madrid is from the cosmopolitan and diverse capital of a talent rich European country.

CHKm1ZhU0AARiMo.jpg

How about Kyle Taylor #24 ILB in the class...beat out Wisconsin, UNC, Va Tech, and BC. Solid pick up for sure. Helps his bro plays for Iowa but whatever. Niemann will be a Hawk within the month I bet also (also a Wisky offer).

So, is '16 still going worse than '14, '15?

Serious question, I really don't follow until the kids are signed on the dotted line.

In a word, YES. As stated in the OP, we had 9 commits at this stage last year. Even by offering the low hanging fruit super early this year and getting cheap commits from a zero star and a two star in-stater who both grew up hawk fans, we have just 7 commits.

So, is '16 still going worse than '14, '15?

Serious question, I really don't follow until the kids are signed on the dotted line.

Every summer, us Hawk fans look forward to what could be. Recruiting season means that there is a chance that a blue chip WR/LB/QB/RB difference maker will commit to the hawks and give us HOPE of things to come for the next 4 yrs.

I currently have HOPE that the new recruiting coordinator will pull a rabbit out of his hat (despite his small town Iowa background/lack of pedigree) and raise Hawkeye recruiting to the next level by casting a wider net, trying innovative new ideas in marketing, adding enthusiasm to the process. I have HOPE that our young coaches, Ferentz and Woods (despite their small town Iowa backgrounds and lack of success thus far) will relate to young urban players and invigorate our stale recruiting process. Despite routinely losing the #1 rated in-state recruit to other schools, I have HOPE that Reece Morgan will seal the borders and lock up the top two or three in-state players. I have HOPE that Greg Davis will cultivate the Texas high school pipeline that he developed after having one of the highest profile coaching positions in the state of Texas for years and years. I have HOPE that our "new blood," Kennedy and White, will leave no stone left unturned and spend 100 hours per week finding some out of state jewels. I have HOPE that Kirk is out there sealing the deal with top recruits as our "closer," like Tressel and Harbaugh effortlessly do. It is this HOPE of reading good news in recruiting that keeps most of us logging on to this site in the middle of the summer, when no football is being played.

Thus far, the "new" staff's recruiting has been a bitter disappointment. Our recruiting classes finished 12th in the conference in 2014 and 2015 under their guidance, and we have walkons and guys with no other D1 offers all over the roster to prove it. Whats more, our former recruiting coordinator has publicly stated that the new staff doesn't put the same emphasis on recruiting that he did.

So did staff get a wake up call this year to shape up or ship out? Kirk said all the right things in his end of season press conference. That he would spend time studying other teams schemes and spend more time on his craft. In addition, our recruiting coordinator says that we have sent out more offers this year than in years past, and that we are targeting the state of Georgia, and many see these as signs of improvement.

Unfortunately, neither the new recruiting coordinator nor Kirk's lip service have paid off thus far on the recruiting trail. It is June, and we currently have just 4 commits (ahead of only Purdue and Indiana in the Big 10). By mid June last year, our 58th ranked national recruiting class already had more than double that amount, with 9 commits. By Mid June in 2014, our 59th ranked recruiting class already had 7 at this stage, including 4 star Jay Scheel. Teams are signing players earlier and earlier, and we are bucking the trend in a negative way. This recruiting class is HUGE, as it will be needed to bolster the previous low ranked classes, which have already been decimated by attrition.

While it is nice that we are casting a wide net in Georgia, a state where we have absolutely no footprint. While I am not a coach, it appears that we are targeting Georgia at the expense of the talent rich Big Ten footprint. Does Kirk know that talent rich New Jersey and Maryland are in the Big Ten now and that we have a much better chance at landing kids from there?? Does he know that we have had a ton of success with guys from PA and Ohio? Big Ten kids? Ohio State and Penn State can't sign them all.

I believe this staff is lost, and the recruiting results continue to speak for themselves.

If you are going to make a post criticizing the football program, at least know what you are talking about. No one is signing players earlier and earlier. That would be illegal. Right now they are only verbal commitments.

In a word, YES. As stated in the OP, we had 9 commits at this stage last year. Even by offering the low hanging fruit super early this year and getting cheap commits from a zero star and a two star in-stater who both grew up hawk fans, we have just 7 commits.

You told us last year was AWFUL because we signed mostly Iowa kids (7 of the 9), and none of them had good enough offers for you. Now you are saying that 5 of 7 out of state kids isn't good enough? A Wisconsin kid has a Wisconsin offer, but that isn't a "good get"? Or how about the DC kid with BC, Va Tech, Maryland and Wisconsin? What about 2 Detroit kids who are gonna start blowing up and have Cincinnati offers, more will come.

You have lectured everyone how no offer Iowa kids are awful......so how can they now be better than out of state kids with offers?

We had more commits at this stage last year, but were they better recruits? I have no idea.

It does seem like this week was pretty decent. Noone will argue that recruiting needs to improve, especially at the skill positions.

------It could always be worse, we could be Iowa State right now.

DP5555 - You may be a super guy and fun to hang out with, but that tired statement is one that deserves a hard kick straight to the nutz every time.....LOSER mentality!!!!

I think ISU has a bunch of secret or stealth recruits who say they are committed to one school in public but have a double secret commit to ISU that they will only reveal on signing day.

Latest posts