2011 Recruiting Class (Current Offers)

I was curious by this graf in Pat's story:

Center Stan Simpson, who attends John A. Logan Junior College in Centerville, Ill., is widely regarded as the top junior college frontline player still unsigned. But he started his career at Illinois, which means he’d have to pay his own way in order to attend another Big Ten school.

If he left Illinois (for whatever reason) and played a year elsewhere, would he still be denied a chance for a scholarship at Iowa? The transfer clause would seem to be moot at that point. That doesn't make sense that the kid would still be barred from a scholarship at another B10 school. (And yet Bo Ryan can pick off a former Iowa recruit without restriction ...)

Yes he would still be denied. Didn't Recker technically transfer to Arizona before Iowa? That was a strange case so something else may have happened but bottom line is once in B10 you can't ever be on scholarship to another B10 school.

Recker was able to get a waiver because he was involved in a really bad car accident that almost tore off his ear and his girfriend was left paralyzed. He transfered to Iowa where he could be closer to family and his girlfriends family and play for Alford.

He never played a game for Arizona.

That is why the Brust case is so odd. How could his scholarship to Wisconsin be approved? There is no point to this rule if you are going to allow Brust to transfer. I am glad they did because I would rather have many other players on scholarship, but why have the rule if the Brust situation is approved. Unless Fran asked him to leave? Did he?

From what I understand of the Brust incident we did not ask him to leave and Fran would have accepted him with open arms because he had already committed. I don't get the idea that Fran particularly wanted him though and from Brust's perspective I think Wisconsin is a better fit. In the end I think it worked out best for everyone but rules are rules and I'm not sure why the B10 approved of it

any news on shaq stokes?

He just scored 16 points and had 8 assists in a PSAL semi-final game win over South Shore. Bad news is his team may lose star forward Kamari Murphy to suspension for the finals after an on-court altercation in the final minutes of the game. I guess a South Shore player had a hold of Murphy's jersey, and Murphy claims he just pushed the other kid off of him, but the ref thought he saw Murphy throw a punch.

Other than that, I highly doubt we'll hear much about Stokes until his high school season ends because it is playoff time.

Rivals still has the article saying he is planning a visit, which he (Stokes) did. So I'm guessing he will visit otherwise they would have taken the article down or wrote a newer one. Seems to be like we're looking at multiple options at pg though.

Early signing period is from the 2nd Wednesday in November until the 3rd Wednesday in November.

Regular Signing Period begins the 3rd Wednesday in April, which is the 13th this year.

Just updated
Charles McKinney - Depaul
Walter Pitchford - Florida

Added to considering list
Quinton Chievous
Darius Smith
Chris Colvin

If any of those three have been offered scholarships or if there are others let me know and I'll update it

Fran sounded pretty relieved that Brust wound up elsewhere.

Yeah. I was not happy that The Vulture swooped in and took an Iowa recruit during the coaching change but in hindsight he may have done us a favor. I reserve the right to change my mind on that in a couple years if Brust is lighting us up for 25 a game with 10 assists to go with it.

Need to checkout these two centers.

Keith Coleman 6'9" 240 Lee Academy Philadelphia

Keith Lumpkin 6'8" 285 Jersey City, NJ Saint Peters

Both sound like they could give the post some very needed help. Size and toughness and they both run the floor very well and both are very athletic......

Need to checkout these two centers.

Keith Coleman 6'9" 240 Lee Academy Philadelphia

Keith Lumpkin 6'8" 285 Jersey City, NJ Saint Peters

Both sound like they could give the post some very needed help. Size and toughness and they both run the floor very well and both are very athletic......

Keith Lumpkin signed with Rutgers for football. Curious where you heard we were recruiting Coleman? He is supposed to be one of the elite athletes in the country, although very raw. However, if he would definitely add a "banger" that we don't have. Hope you are right.

Keith Lumpkin signed with Rutgers for football. Curious where you heard we were recruiting Coleman? He is supposed to be one of the elite athletes in the country, although very raw. However, if he would definitely add a "banger" that we don't have. Hope you are right.

Maybe he didnt hear we were recruiting them. Maybe he just thought they were people that we should look at?

Latest posts