2011 Recruiting Class (Current Offers)

hey hfib, you should come back to HI and post once in awhile.

anyway, that is cool that you met Franny. Obviously we are still in on Carter, whom had a good second day at the NPSI.

Also would like to add that I'm glad the coaches are on Colvin. He would be a huge addition to the team, and far better than any of the current four year players Fran is seeking to land. Yes, it would probably put Cully at #3 in the depth chart, but it would make the Hawkeyes a better team and give them the chance to win more ball games.

I like that we have a lot of irons in the fire....we need to have a plan b,c,and d....
Colvin is having a good year at palm beach state ...16pts,7assts,4rbs...and is a very nice physical speciman...6'3'',quick and strong...would be fine with him,but really any of these pgs they are pursuing. Have to wonder what Fran's plan is for Cully.

I see that Reggie Rankin posted on Twitter a little bit ago that Quinton Chievous is listing Iowa as a possible school. Here is his post..."Just got an updated school list for SG Quinton Chievous (Niles, IL, Notre Dame) Penn St, Iowa, Nebraska, NC St, TCU and DePaul." "Chievous is avg 22.5 ppg, 10 rebs. Cheievous is a skilled and athletic wing with great upside." Reggie also posted that K-State is going to look at Jordan Dickerson (7-0 C). I know there was some talk about Iowa checking him out earlier this year. Isn't he a team member with Stokes? According to Reggie, Jordan has improved a lot as the season as went on. Would be nice to get another big guy to go with Adam Woodbury.

I see that Reggie Rankin posted on Twitter a little bit ago that Quinton Chievous is listing Iowa as a possible school. Here is his post..."Just got an updated school list for SG Quinton Chievous (Niles, IL, Notre Dame) Penn St, Iowa, Nebraska, NC St, TCU and DePaul." "Chievous is avg 22.5 ppg, 10 rebs. Cheievous is a skilled and athletic wing with great upside." Reggie also posted that K-State is going to look at Jordan Dickerson (7-0 C). I know there was some talk about Iowa checking him out earlier this year. Isn't he a team member with Stokes? According to Reggie, Jordan has improved a lot as the season as went on. Would be nice to get another big guy to go with Adam Woodbury.

Great find!

Chievous is 6'5 200lbs so I think he could play both SG/SF during his career.

Yes Dickerson plays at Lincoln with Stokes but I haven't heard much about us recruiting him recently. I think he got a little more attention once Kamari Murphy got hurt. Murphy's back now so it'll be interesting to see how Dickerson does going forward.

Chievous
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J86o80ipEo]YouTube - Quinton Chievous 6'5 G/F -Class of 2011- Got Game !!![/ame]

Dickerson (little footage at 1:33)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bRlY2SzRPI]YouTube - NY All-Star Game: Burbs Vs. Boros 2010[/ame]

hey hfib, you should come back to HI and post once in awhile.

anyway, that is cool that you met Franny. Obviously we are still in on Carter, whom had a good second day at the NPSI.

Also would like to add that I'm glad the coaches are on Colvin. He would be a huge addition to the team, and far better than any of the current four year players Fran is seeking to land. Yes, it would probably put Cully at #3 in the depth chart, but it would make the Hawkeyes a better team and give them the chance to win more ball games.

Does anybody know of these targets actually have interest in the Hawks?

Interesting prospect. I wonder though about bringing in another wing. That seems to be a position we have great depth at with Marble, May, McCabe, Gatens, Oglesby, and now potentially Quinton. I would think PG and C are much more pressing needs.

Here was Jordan Dickerson's (Lincoln, NY) stat line from last night 8 pts, 15 rebs and 4 blks. As I don't believe Iowa wants Brennan Cougill back, I'm going to watch him tonight play against Iowa Central Community College. I will post my thoughts after the game.

Interesting prospect. I wonder though about bringing in another wing. That seems to be a position we have great depth at with Marble, May, McCabe, Gatens, Oglesby, and now potentially Quinton. I would think PG and C are much more pressing needs.

I completely agree. Fran has said that he is going to bring in the two best players but they would ideally be a pg and a "big".

Fran understands our needs so for him to offer a wing he must be impressed.

Fran understands our needs so for him to offer a wing he must be impressed.[/QUOTE]

i Agree JDavis. It speaks volumes of this kids ability if, with our already accumulated depth at the wing, Fran would offer. Still hoping we can get a true point (stokes preferably), and a big. I wish i could ask Fran about where he projects Aaron white and if that is affecting his recruitment of bigs. If he envisions white in the post with Melsahn, maybe he doesnt see post as a huge need, thus offering Chievous???

After watching Brennan Cougill play last night (18pts, around 11 rebs), I think he's not the player Iowa needs in our offense. He was slow getting up and down the court and at times looking winded. He was lazy on the offense end, just standing around. He would be best fit for a slower kind of offense. He would be best severed playing in a MVC type school. UNI's head coach was there along with an assistant. I realize he played a year for us, but it was a different offense.

I'm hoping that Iowa is able to get Katenda in the fold. He looks raw but I think the coaching staff would put him in a position to succeed. Looking at how Basabe has developed this year I think they might be able to do the same with Katenda.

I've got a feeling that the staff is also evaluating the current roster and telling guys if they don't fit that they will help them find another school but not at Iowa. No idea if it's actually going on but wouldn't surprise me if someone does leave at the end of the year.

I've got a feeling that the staff is also evaluating the current roster and telling guys if they don't fit that they will help them find another school but not at Iowa. No idea if it's actually going on but wouldn't surprise me if someone does leave at the end of the year.

-Gatens, Cartwright, May and Brommer will be upper classmen and none will be asked to leave.
-Basabe, Marble, and McCabe are talented freshman that will not be leaving.
-Cole is graduating.
-Exactly who are you talking about when you say you wouldn't be surprised if they leave? Archie is the only one left that would fit this post.
-You don't really think that any of the 7 players in the first two bullets will be asked to leave do you?

I was curious by this graf in Pat's story:

Center Stan Simpson, who attends John A. Logan Junior College in Centerville, Ill., is widely regarded as the top junior college frontline player still unsigned. But he started his career at Illinois, which means he’d have to pay his own way in order to attend another Big Ten school.

If he left Illinois (for whatever reason) and played a year elsewhere, would he still be denied a chance for a scholarship at Iowa? The transfer clause would seem to be moot at that point. That doesn't make sense that the kid would still be barred from a scholarship at another B10 school. (And yet Bo Ryan can pick off a former Iowa recruit without restriction ...)

Latest posts