2011 Recruiting Class (Current Offers)

Anyone know of recruits there last night? There was a tall guy in a red hoodie watching the Hawks warm-up. Then it looked like Frans kid (guess) showed him to his seats around half court when the game got closer to beginning.

Just a note on current recruiting rankings, Iowa is currently listed in the 8th spot and obviously, not nationally ranked with Oglesby and White, but here is the good news:
Northwestern, Wisconsin, Penn State all have their scholarships filled, but every team that is ahead of Iowa up to Michigan has only two players signed right now. I know Michigan (5th) is the only one that does not have any more scholarships available. With Iowa only having the two signed and being ahead of three teams already, Ogelsby and White are more highly regarded than some want to believe. Also, if Iowa can sign a couple of key players, say a PG like Eli Carter and a PF like Eric Katenda, how far up the rankings can they shoot up? I know it is speculation, but having two guys signed and being ranked above schools that have up to five players, is nothing but a positive, at least to me anyway.
Only problem is Iowa is no longer after Katend/Katenda dropped Iowa from his list of schools. But I wouldnt mind Eli Carter and just sticking with the bigs Iowa has now unless they get obliterated during the conference season which is possible.

Only problem is Iowa is no longer after Katend/Katenda dropped Iowa from his list of schools. But I wouldnt mind Eli Carter and just sticking with the bigs Iowa has now unless they get obliterated during the conference season which is possible.

According to the other post where it said he narrowed to three and Iowa was out, was not correct. I will keep my eye on Katenda and see how his list trims down, but supposedly he is still interested.

According to the other post where it said he narrowed to three and Iowa was out, was not correct. I will keep my eye on Katenda and see how his list trims down, but supposedly he is still interested.

Yes, as far as I know, the report by the blogger at NBE Basketball was incorrect. I exchanged emails with the head guy at that site on Friday, and he said he would look into it to see if they had made a mistake. I haven't heard back from him since, and I have not seen any story to confirm or deny that Erice has cut Iowa. However, a solid source, whom I trust tells me Eric didn't cut the Hawkeyes.

Stay tuned.:)

Yes, as far as I know, the report by the blogger at NBE Basketball was incorrect. I exchanged emails with the head guy at that site on Friday, and he said he would look into it to see if they had made a mistake. I haven't heard back from him since, and I have not seen any story to confirm or deny that Erice has cut Iowa. However, a solid source, whom I trust tells me Eric didn't cut the Hawkeyes.

Stay tuned.:)

Thanks:D and I checked out every other site I knew of and they all list his schools at four still including Iowa.

Rob Howe just tweeted that an unsigned 2011 SG Kyle Heck visited unofficially in Tuesdays Louisiana Tech game. He's a 6'3 senior at Metamora HS (IL). I couldn't find any info about him though at rivals or scout though.

Rob Howe just tweeted that an unsigned 2011 SG Kyle Heck visited unofficially in Tuesdays Louisiana Tech game. He's a 6'3 senior at Metamora HS (IL). I couldn't find any info about him though at rivals or scout though.

There are a couple Vids of him on Youtube. I chose not to post them as they are not very good. Looks like a ok shooter.

Does anyone know anything about Otto Porter a kid that has Iowa listed, but has only Missouri high, but still hasn't committed? Missouri has been waiting for him to sign for quite a long time and he hasn't...just curous?

Andrew Francis was in Kansas yesterday, I think we can assume he was watching Kantenda and Olesani (spelling for both?)

From Francis' twitter

"Long but great day on the road. Driving back roads in Kansas felt like I was in a movie. So freaky, now off to Michigan tom. Here we go."

I wish there was a video of these two available, I think if Iowa can pick up either Stokes or Eli Carter and then one of the Kansas duo, that would round out a pretty fine class for McCaffery's first full effort.

At this point my pg wishlist would be

1) Guerrero or Carter
2) Stokes or Colvin

All of these would make an immediate impact next year. Take any one of those and add a good JUCO big man and that would be a great first class for McCaffery

Great win on the road today!!!

For those wondering where Coach Francis was, he was at the National Prep School Invitational Tournament held in Kingston, RI.

On Thursday, I went to check out the tournament and was able to catch Brewster Academy, the team who Eli Carter plays for.

Brewster completely outmatched their opponenet, so it was hard to guage Carter's game. That team is loaded with talent.

I met coach Francis there, he was very nice and was sporting Hawkeye gear for all the players to see.

Tons of coaches at this tournament. Saw Saul Smith there.

For more info on some of the teams and players at this event, here is a link:

2011 National Prep School Invitational

I feel very comfortable about the future of Iowa Basketball.

Go Hawks!!!

Latest posts