2011 Recruiting Class (Current Offers)

If that is the case why is he listing Iowa, Penn State and Cincy as his favorites?

Why wouldn't he? OSU and WVU aren't going to wait for him, OSU has a scholarship number problem and if one of their talented freshman doesn't leave, he will be left out. WVU is in a position to get a lot of talented players, first come, first serve.
If Burke isn't listening, then that would not serve him well, especially if he waits to make up his mind.
He decommitted from PSU, so I would be surprised to see him sign with them, it doesn't happen that often and think about this, how long is Ed going to be there? If PSU isn't better, he will probably be gone, even though he has been one of their better coaches.
Cincy is the best team of the three your are listing and it is a Big East school, they are supposed to have the best conference, so why wouldn't he.
A lot for Iowa will simply depend on how much Coach Fran can have face time with these 2011 kids before they make up their mind, the longer they wait, the better for Iowa really in the end.
Trust me, I would love to see Burke in an Iowa uni, he can flat out play and there will be a ton of ways to use him, first off the bench as a freshman, he could provide a heck of a spark his first year and then we would see in year two if he could crack the starting lineup after Gatens graduates.

Re: 2011 Recruiting Class

I care, and paying is worth it because there are a bunch of prospects that I've found out about on there that don't show up here on the free board.

I've found the lag of finding info on here and on the paid site to be on average about 2-3 weeks. I just found that the Thomas info on here on on there were supsiciously close in timing, and there is a post in the paid site that is practically the same as this one.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. You're apparently getting some enjoyment out of your $100 so be happy with that.

What about Shane Larkin? I see Iowa has offered him, he has been making a big push this summer and has gotten a lot of offers.

Sounds like we have offered Dominique Pointer, 6'4" SF from North Carolina.

Also, here is a blurb about Coleman. We are still his favorite according to this.

The Recruit Scoop

Boilers also indicated that 2012 Top 100 recruit Dejaun "Rico" Marrero is on an unofficial visit this weekend.

Oglesby blew up this summer. If Illinois, ASU, and Minny think he's good enough for a scholly, why wouldn't that be a good get for Iowa? Especially if the recruit is a life-long Iowa fan?

Shows how bad things are now. Life long Iowa fan gets an offer and still hasn't committed yet. That kind of thing wouldn't have happened 5-10 years ago. We need 4-5 star players to turn this around, and it looks like we won't be getting them anytime soon.

Shows how bad things are now. Life long Iowa fan gets an offer and still hasn't committed yet. That kind of thing wouldn't have happened 5-10 years ago. We need 4-5 star players to turn this around, and it looks like we won't be getting them anytime soon.

It would be nice to have 4-5 star players come to Iowa, but I don't really think that Iowa has been a Program that really has gotten a lot of these players.
For Oglesby to not commit yet, is really of little concern to me. It would be crazy for him not to weigh all of his options. Remember Coach Fran's opening press conference when he thought that Jess Settles was going to go to ND. Oglesby has to do what is best for him, I still feel like he will be a Hawkeye. The other thing to consider is this, he hasn't had a lot of time to familiarize himself with the Iowa coaches.
The thing Iowa needs the most is a full roster, they haven't had that in some time. Coach Fran is already putting Iowa back on the map in recruiting, yes nobody has committed for 2011, but expect that to change soon. Look at the Top 150 for 2011 and 2012 and see how many are considering Iowa, it may take a year or so to begin locking up players on that list, but it will happen. Iowa won 10 games last year and with a new coach and attitude have players on that list considering them, it is the first step in the process.

thanks for all the information guys. If there is anything we can take away from FM it is that we will have guys that have more than just Iowa as an offer.

Looks like Travis has set up a visit to Iowa. Oglesby is visiting on ISU football weekend...nice choice by Josh. Barron is on Iowa's radar...2011 pg out of Brehm Prep in Carbondale. Otherwise, pretty quiet out there.

Trey Burke will end up at OSU or WVU, he can either join his teammate Sullinger, if he stays, and JD Weatherspoon and he stays home, or he can join his current HS teammate Jaylon Robinson at WVU. Either way, I would be shocked if he takes a serious look at Iowa, but I have seen him play a few times and I compare him to Ray McCallum, who ended up at Detroit to play for his dad, but he held offers from UCLA and Duke as well. Burke is not quite the athlete, but close and is more of a floor general.

Well he is gong to end up at Michigan, so everyone here is wrong. Verballed today.

Well this is flat out wrong. Just a few examples. Haluska grew up as a big Hawkeye fan; committed to Moo. There were no more ardent fans in the whole state of Iowa than Nick Collison and his family. I think I heard he went to Kansas. Gordy Bohannon was an immensely popular Hawkeye who stayed in Iowa after he graduated, jos kids grew up 25 miles away--and went to Wisky & the Air Force Academy. Alford didn't even offer ardent life-time Hakeye fans like Jacobson, David Gruber, even a kid whose mom was another Iowa coach! (who beat Kansas when they were expected to win the NCAA, got himself on the cover of every sports magazine in the nation.

Alford didn't even offer ardent life-time Hakeye fans like Jacobson, David Gruber, even a kid whose mom was another Iowa coach! (who beat Kansas when they were expected to win the NCAA, got himself on the cover of every sports magazine in the nation.
No one else offered Ali, that's why he went JUCO.

Well this is flat out wrong. Just a few examples. Haluska grew up as a big Hawkeye fan; committed to Moo. There were no more ardent fans in the whole state of Iowa than Nick Collison and his family. I think I heard he went to Kansas. Gordy Bohannon was an immensely popular Hawkeye who stayed in Iowa after he graduated, jos kids grew up 25 miles away--and went to Wisky & the Air Force Academy. Alford didn't even offer ardent life-time Hakeye fans like Jacobson, David Gruber, even a kid whose mom was another Iowa coach! (who beat Kansas when they were expected to win the NCAA, got himself on the cover of every sports magazine in the nation.
Tigger is very right. There is no rhyme or reason why kids make the decisions they do. But in most cases if you were to talk to them they would usually make alot of sense in their reasoning. Way too often selfish spoiled brats can't see the forest through the trees when it comes to commitments or decisions.(Wegher)

Re: 2011 Recruiting Class

I understand people shouldn't post "premimum" information,

Why not? All news orgs do it. There are specific parameters around what constitutes forgery, none of which applies here. One can establish copyright ownership to the material written by an individual but not to the information in the article. Google US Copyright Office content for specific reference.

Latest posts