2011 Recruiting Class (Current Offers)

Re: 2011 Recruiting Class

Why not? All news orgs do it. There are specific parameters around what constitutes forgery, none of which applies here. One can establish copyright ownership to the material written by an individual but not to the information in the article. Google US Copyright Office content for specific reference.

I think its kind of a scratch my back I will scratch yours, so site mods can get some information off the record from these guys.

Sorry guys I took a leave of absence there but I'm back!! Thanks Spank for helping me keep it updated

Just added

Malcom Moore to UTEP (remember that's Tim Floyd!)
Cody Zeller to Indiana (big get for the Hoosiers)

It will be interesting to see who Fran and company target for the Spring signing period. With 2 scholarships to play with, you have to think they will target a big.

Katenda is a little closer to Iowa right now, he's playing for Sunrise Christian Academy out of Kansas. Iowa is among is top 3-4 four schools per an article this past week.

It will be interesting to see who Fran and company target for the Spring signing period. With 2 scholarships to play with, you have to think they will target a big.

Katenda is a little closer to Iowa right now, he's playing for Sunrise Christian Academy out of Kansas. Iowa is among is top 3-4 four schools per an article this past week.

I agree Hawk4Life. We have adequate Big10 players at the 1-4 and if we could get a good Big I think we could realistically be around or slightly above .500 in Big 10 play next year.

Thanks for the update on Katenda, I had heard he was in the midwest. Hopefully he's finally healthy I know he had gotten sick during July which could help us land him.

Sorry guys I took a leave of absence there but I'm back!! Thanks Spank for helping me keep it updated

Just added

Malcom Moore to UTEP (remember that's Tim Floyd!)
Cody Zeller to Indiana (big get for the Hoosiers)

You are welcome. Thanks for starting it out, it was a great idea.

I agree Hawk4Life. We have adequate Big10 players at the 1-4 and if we could get a good Big I think we could realistically be around or slightly above .500 in Big 10 play next year.

Thanks for the update on Katenda, I had heard he was in the midwest. Hopefully he's finally healthy I know he had gotten sick during July which could help us land him.

With Katenda now in our backyard, I like Iowa's chances a little more. I would have no issues if Iowa got Katenda and left the other scholarship open. Iowa only loses Cole and if Katenda comes in, that is three players in to one out.
Leaving that scholarship open keeps a whole lot of opportunity for Iowa to add Woodbury and Prince Ibeh, I am not ruling out Staten/Gesell/Paige.
If the right player comes along to bring in to fill the last scholarship then fine.
Does anyone thing think that Iowa would pursue Devin Coleman again, I have yet to see that he signed with anyone yet?

With Katenda now in our backyard, I like Iowa's chances a little more. I would have no issues if Iowa got Katenda and left the other scholarship open. Iowa only loses Cole and if Katenda comes in, that is three players in to one out.
Leaving that scholarship open keeps a whole lot of opportunity for Iowa to add Woodbury and Prince Ibeh, I am not ruling out Staten/Gesell/Paige.
If the right player comes along to bring in to fill the last scholarship then fine.
Does anyone thing think that Iowa would pursue Devin Coleman again, I have yet to see that he signed with anyone yet?

No way on Coleman and I don't think Coleman is too happy with Iowa after we pulled his offer anyways. SG just is not a big need and we already have Oglesby in that class.

I noticed you posted this on Saturday... after seeing the game on Sunday I think it is clear we need another post presence especially once Cole is gone.

After Iowa pulled Coleman's scholly it seemed like every other high-major that had interest backed off as well. His remaining offers are mostly low-major.

The Hawkeyes do have an offer out to a east coast combo guard named Eli Carter though. The kid is prepping this year at Brewster Academy.

Carter looks like a nice prospect. Should be an interesting winter for him, deciding to sign in the spring and given the number of top 100 kids that have signed early this year.

Wow Eli Carter does look like a solid prospect. Anyone know where he is leaning or if he plans to visit Iowa?

No way on Coleman and I don't think Coleman is too happy with Iowa after we pulled his offer anyways. SG just is not a big need and we already have Oglesby in that class.

I noticed you posted this on Saturday... after seeing the game on Sunday I think it is clear we need another post presence especially once Cole is gone.

Yes we do, but White will add to that being a nice 3/4 player. I have a good feeling about this kid.
However, if Archie and Brommer continue to do what they do then the post need isn't as high and Iowa can hold out for the 2012 class to add two big guys 6-10 or taller.

2011 combo guard Charles McKinney of Quality Education in North Carolina has Iowa in his top four along with DePaul, Oregon State and Bradley. McKinney is originally from the Chicago area, but has spent the last two seasons at QE. Charles will decide late next month.

"He slashes in between defenders and hits short jumpers inside the arc but his ability to defend make him special" and "he is a coach's dream on the defensive end of the floor."

Sounds like from these two quotes that he is a heck of an athlete and defender.

2011 combo guard Charles McKinney of Quality Education in North Carolina has Iowa in his top four along with DePaul, Oregon State and Bradley. McKinney is originally from the Chicago area, but has spent the last two seasons at QE. Charles will decide late next month.

Dom Pointer, Otto Porter highlight 15th annual Marshall County Hoop Fest - ESPN

Players to watch

Charles McKinney (Winston-Salem, N.C./Quality Education Academy)
2011, SG/SF, 6-4, 180 pounds
McKinney is a big-time athlete who is known for his ability to defend all three perimeter positions with ease, but against Christ School (N.C.) his offense was evident (25 points, eight rebounds). McKinney finished above the rim on the break, had a couple of impressive putbacks in traffic on the offensive glass, and made open shots. He knocked down midrange jumpers, floaters in the lane and a couple of 3s. McKinney played with great energy and was in full attack mode on every catch. Oregon State, Bradley, Iowa and DePaul are on McKinney's list. He has targeted his birthday, Jan. 26, as the day he will make his college choice.

This is the type of player Iowa needs more than a big guy. Question: I know Iowa has offers to Katenda and his teammate and this kid, don't we have just two open scholarships or is this an indication that some players may be not coming back?

Latest posts