2 game suspension

Connor getting T'ed up. Refs giving Ohio State 15 and ones in a row but nothing when Baer gets hammered. A guy who fouls out every single game getting 2 fouls the entire game. Yea there were plenty of reasons other than "he's mad that he lost".

I'm guessing past games came into play too. But who knows.
-The Dolph debacle hanging over his head.

-The fact that this particular ref has been horrible for us each time we’ve had him.

It’s okay predator is on the backtrack now.

Either way Fran made a mistake and it doesn’t matter what the excuses are. Time to serve his punishment and hopefully learn from it. As you stated he’s on pretty thin ice now.

Listen if you think Fran melted down because of officiating sorry that wasn’t why Iowa lost. See that type of officiating on a nightly basis on the road. He melted after his boy got rung up for using some probably not so nice words.
I think it was CMs hand gestures along with what he was saying. I don't think just his words would have gotten him Td up. You make gestures and 'show up' the refs out there and that's all it takes. Fran getting his T shortly after him supports what your suggesting though. But to what extent I'm not sure. I think it was the combination of it all. Team playing bad. Tough calls from refs. His kid getting Td up. All of that boiled him over the top...

Gotta be that for the reason.
I didn't think calling someone a cheater was worse than calling them a MF'er. I need a list of things I can say and can't say. Of course, it's from Randy Peterson, so he's probably just making shit up as usual.

Not strong enough. Suspend him the rest of season. Then fire his ass. It doesn't matter what his players think of him, or former players. He embarrassed the university and showed a complete lack of character and judgement.

You don't think the Big 10 officials have embarrassed themselves pretty much all season? Exhibit A: The Wisconsin vs Indiana game last night. If you think that was even an average officiated game, I don't know what to tell you. And games like that have happened for all 14 teams all season. A mugging goes on one trip and the next trip a player breathing too hard has a foul called. All these guys want is consistency. This season, the Big 10 officiating crew has had all the consistency of soured milk.

I bet you loved Bobby Knight, that crap does not go over anymore. By the way, I think the Big 10 by fining the University and not Fran are saying that he embarrassed the university.

I think it's more along the line that Fran doesn't work for the Big 10, he works for the U of I. Therefore the Big 10 can't fine him but they can fine the U of I. The fine will likely be passed to Fran anyway.

You don't think the Big 10 officials have embarrassed themselves pretty much all season? Exhibit A: The Wisconsin vs Indiana game last night. If you think that was even an average officiated game, I don't know what to tell you. And games like that have happened for all 14 teams all season. A mugging goes on one trip and the next trip a player breathing too hard has a foul called. All these guys want is consistency. This season, the Big 10 officiating crew has had all the consistency of soured milk.

To the point that you throw a tantrum then call an official every vulgar thing you can think of? No, the officiating is no worse than it has been in the past, it is part of the game. Underscore; GAME, that is all that it is. The officials had absolutely nothing to do with Iowa losing that game. This guy represents the University of Iowa (Fran), if an employee of the university acts in that manner, for the second time, he/she deserves to have their employment terminated. In what other profession are you allowed to act like a child, scream and degrade someone and keep your job?

Not strong enough. Suspend him the rest of season. Then fire his ass. It doesn't matter what his players think of him, or former players. He embarrassed the university and showed a complete lack of character and judgement.

Lol. I'm here for these irrational takes.

To the point that you throw a tantrum then call an official every vulgar thing you can think of? No, the officiating is no worse than it has been in the past, it is part of the game. Underscore; GAME, that is all that it is. The officials had absolutely nothing to do with Iowa losing that game. This guy represents the University of Iowa (Fran), if an employee of the university acts in that manner, for the second time, he/she deserves to have their employment terminated. In what other profession are you allowed to act like a child, scream and degrade someone and keep your job?

I am glad I am not one to post political takes. :)

1*GpaP877rbj5aoORLa0jhWQ.jpeg

Sorry but the sticking up comments are lame to me. It’s simple Fran melted down because Iowa Got outplayed on the road. Nothing more and nothing less.

How are these lame? Fran was clearly upset because he thought his players were being ousted by the referee calls, I don't think he would tell you that they cost him the game and would be the first to blame himself as he always has been that kind of coach. He thought the calls were unfair so he stuck up for his team and his guys, players notice that and support him. Also not lame because recruits see them and will take note of that after the national TV people think they run his name through the mud and don't know him at all.

So the answer is to make a statement after the game in the tunnel? No argument that the officiating has been a joke, but that doesn't come close to justifying what Fran did. He wants to call him out on it on the court during the game that's one thing, but not in the tunnel after the game.

Connor, of course.

Or in the immortal words of Judge Smails, "Well, Spaulding's available."

It is usually Kirk Speraw when Fran is absent. It was for Fran's one game vacation in 2014. I see no reason why it won't be Kirk this time around.

Andrew Francis will be acting head coach against Rutgers and Sherman Dillard against Wisconsin, as they have the scouts on those teams individually.

Latest posts