2 game suspension

I wonder if they allow that to be the last 2 road games of the year so he can be there for senior day....

Iowa was also fined $10,000

Big Ten Issues Public Reprimand of Iowa Men’s Basketball Coach Fran McCaffery and Announces Institutional Fine

ROSEMONT, Ill. - The Big Ten office issued a public reprimand of Iowa men's basketball head coach Fran McCaffery for violating the Big Ten Sportsmanship Policy following Iowa’s game against Ohio State on Feb. 26. The Big Ten supports the University of Iowa’s suspension of Coach McCaffery announced on Wednesday. In addition, the conference announced that the institution has been fined $10,000 as a result of the violation.

The Big Ten determined that McCaffery’s postgame actions were in violation of Big Ten Conference Agreement 10.01, which states in part that "The Big Ten Conference expects all contests involving a member institution to be conducted without compromise to any fundamental element of sportsmanship. Such fundamental elements include integrity of the competition, civility toward all, and respect, particularly toward opponents and officials."

The Big Ten Conference considers this matter concluded and will have no further comment.

Not strong enough. Suspend him the rest of season. Then fire his ass. It doesn't matter what his players think of him, or former players. He embarrassed the university and showed a complete lack of character and judgement.

So is if for his words or because he chased the ref up the tunnel. Can't be for the words, because so many coaches similar things throughout games.

I dont know if he would survive another one after this.
Maybe, but I’m sure someone said this exact same thing the last time. He made a mistake, maybe there was more to the story or maybe he just lost his cool. Serve the suspension and move on.

Not strong enough. Suspend him the rest of season. Then fire his ass. It doesn't matter what his players think of him, or former players. He embarrassed the university and showed a complete lack of character and judgement.
Did you go to Iowa?

Good to hear. You can make your voice heard by not attending athletic events or donating while Fran is at Iowa.

Me personally, doesn’t bother me that much and I don’t feeel it embarrasses the university. He made a mistake and he will have to serve his suspension and miss Baer’s Senior day which I’m sure is killing him.

People outside of Iowa will forget about this before the first round of the NCAAs.

So the fine came from the Big Ten the suspension came from Iowa, right? An announcer inadvertently may have made a racial comment and gets suspended for the remainder of the year. A white coach chases a black ref down a tunnel and calls him a cheating m'fer and a disgrace, gets a two game suspension. Something is completely f'ed up about this athletic administration. If indeed both suspensions came from the same place.

Sorry but the sticking up comments are lame to me. It’s simple Fran melted down because Iowa Got outplayed on the road. Nothing more and nothing less.

absolutely - the refs didn't cost Iowa that game, Iowa did. His players love him tho and that's pretty evident.

Maybe, but I’m sure someone said this exact same thing the last time. He made a mistake, maybe there was more to the story or maybe he just lost his cool. Serve the suspension and move on.

Rarely do people get fired on the second offense. Even more rare to survive a 3rd.

Good to hear. You can make your voice heard by not attending athletic events or donating while Fran is at Iowa.

Me personally, doesn’t bother me that much and I don’t feeel it embarrasses the university. He made a mistake and he will have to serve his suspension and miss Baer’s Senior day which I’m sure is killing him.

People outside of Iowa will forget about this before the first round of the NCAAs.

Does it mean he cant be there for the ceremony before?

So the fine came from the Big Ten the suspension came from Iowa, right? An announcer inadvertently may have made a racial comment and gets suspended for the remainder of the year. A white coach chases a black ref down a tunnel and calls him a cheating m'fer and a disgrace, gets a two game suspension. Something is completely f'ed up about this athletic administration. If indeed both suspensions came from the same place.
You my friend are an idiot and just earned my first ever ignore on HN.

Nobody... and I mean nobody brought race into this until you just did. So lame.

Latest posts