'19 In-State PG Tyreke Locure Talks Increased Iowa Interest

Yes. He was a better defender, has more upside and played on a worse team. He was the focal point of the defense while Bohannon got to rack up unimpressive assists

Ok, I just wanted to get a feel for who I was conversing with. I'll just consider you like a Trump supporter who abides by a set of 'alternative facts'. Carry on.

Tony Carr was the best freshman point guard last year.

How can you say this? You lectured this board on the value of PER!!!!! It's all about the PER!!!!!!

Jordan 14.9 PER
Carr 14.0 PER

You also lectured this board the Jordan is just a chucker, he only averaged 11 PPG because he shot the ball way too much. Carr took more than 2 shots per game more than Jordan did, so isn't he a bigger chucker than Jordan?

You said Jordan sucks because he shot 39% from the floor. Yet Carr had a 38% FG%. Worse than that Carr had a 42.1% eFG% compared to Jordans 53.5% eFG%

Maybe Carr becomes an outstanding player, but the B1G got it right in naming Jordan Fr. All B1G, they understand statistics, you obviously don't.

Not only that you didn't pimp Carr one time during the season. Now all of a sudden you are gonna say a player who wasn't close to Jordan statistically deserved All B1G? You are such a Clown homer, and you make your troll so obvious, I don't even understand why you keep up the charade.

How can you say this? You lectured this board on the value of PER!!!!! It's all about the PER!!!!!!

Jordan 14.9 PER
Carr 14.0 PER

You also lectured this board the Jordan is just a chucker, he only averaged 11 PPG because he shot the ball way too much. Carr took more than 2 shots per game more than Jordan did, so isn't he a bigger chucker than Jordan?

You said Jordan sucks because he shot 39% from the floor. Yet Carr had a 38% FG%. Worse than that Carr had a 42.1% eFG% compared to Jordans 53.5% eFG%

Maybe Carr becomes an outstanding player, but the B1G got it right in naming Jordan Fr. All B1G, they understand statistics, you obviously don't.

Not only that you didn't pimp Carr one time during the season. Now all of a sudden you are gonna say a player who wasn't close to Jordan statistically deserved All B1G? You are such a Clown homer, and you make your troll so obvious, I don't even understand why you keep up the charade.

I also like how he just lays out that Carr has more upside like that's an absolute. There's no way to measure that and who's to say that Jordan doesn't have more upside and we haven't even really began to see what he's capable of? It's strictly troll and that's it. The consistent thump on unimpressive assists after we've all discussed all assists counting is what makes it so it clear.

I also like how he just lays out that Carr has more upside like that's an absolute. There's no way to measure that and who's to say that Jordan doesn't have more upside and we haven't even really began to see what he's capable of? It's strictly troll and that's it. The consistent thump on unimpressive assists after we've all discussed all assists counting is what makes it so it clear.

Plus he did say that Penn St. had more talent than Iowa last year as well. Dude is a grade F troll. He was spotted right away within his first 20 post as a troll by Doc, and he has done nothing but prove he is a troll, time and time and time again.

I'll take that bet with either of you.

I thought his assists might not go up because of losing Jok. But he got so much better as the year went on that the beginning of the year hurt his average. So what I really thought was what he was doing at the end of the year might go down. I don't think that anymore tho after all the hype with the team right now.

Ok, I just wanted to get a feel for who I was conversing with. I'll just consider you like a Trump supporter who abides by a set of 'alternative facts'. Carry on.

It doesn't matter what side you're on, you think the other side has alternative facts. People are funny how they think they know what's true and what's not. Seth Davis is the worst how sure he is that has on the "right side" like he sits in white house meetings or something.

I think a former top 50 recruit who is athletic and 6'5 has more upside than Jordan.

I think a former top 50 recruit who is athletic and 6'5 has more upside than Jordan.

I would say when by the end of the first year a no name recruit is playing way better than a top 50 recruit, it means they are on two different trajectories.

That's just it, you routinely don't allow kids to develop or play above or below where some douche canoe ranked them in HS. That's just not how the real world works. If he was top 50 or 299th - it only matters how they play when they actually play and not what a website once ranked them before they were 18 years old.

Woody was top 50th out of HS, did he play like that his career? Should we just ignore his actual play and say "well, he was # 40 something in HS" so that means he's better than several other C's who have played better? Josey Jewel was a 2 star, will he ever escape that in your mind? Has he? What does Jordan have to do to escape it for you? Cause last season should have bought him some sort of good will from you but it hasn't.

Last edited:
I would say when by the end of the first year a no name recruit is playing way better than a top 50 recruit, it means they are on two different trajectories.

exactly ... by trololololol5656's parameters Doug McDermott probably didn't have any upside after his freshman year at Creighton because the scouts saw him commit to UNI in HS and said he was a 2 star.

exactly ... by trololololol5656's parameters Doug McDermott probably didn't have any upside after his freshman year at Creighton because the scouts saw him commit to UNI in HS and said he was a 2 star.

Good point. I say it constantly, the recruiting rankings don't matter at all once you hit the field/court. I guess 56 thinks the Jewell sucks because he was a 2* recruit as well, and Reggie Spearman has WAYYYY more upside because he was a 4* LB recruit that same year.

I think it was pretty obvious to see how much upside McDermott had after his freshman year. He was a skilled 6'8" kid and going into his sophomore year he was on both the preseason Wooden and Naismath award watch list. I thought there was no way he'd stay all 4 years after his freshman year.

It just rarely works out ranking someone and trying to predict future results based on that ranking because of the whole "human element" factor. Just because a kid graduates at the top of his class academically, it doesn't mean he's going to be more successful then a kid with a 2.0 GPA. That's just not how the real world works. The other kid might be smarter, might have more natural talent for being good at academics and book smarts, but that fact doesn't trump that the kid with a 2.0 might have a better teacher, rich parents or a billion other factors that are in play. Is Ryan Leaf better than Tom Brady because of where he was picked? I just don't get that line of thinking... you go ahead and make your beliefs on projections, I'll do it with results.

I think it was pretty obvious to see how much upside McDermott had after his freshman year. He was a skilled 6'8" kid and going into his sophomore year he was on both the preseason Wooden and Naismath award watch list. I thought there was no way he'd stay all 4 years after his freshman year.

I think it's pretty obvious to see the upside of Jordan Bohannon - a lot of people see it.

I think it's pretty obvious to see the upside of Jordan Bohannon - a lot of people see it.

What is his upside? He's always going to be small and not athletic at his position. He's already a good 3 point shooter but I don't see him ever being able to penetrate and score. I don't think he'll ever be a good defender. Do you think he's going to be able to shoot 60% from 3 or where do you see this upside at?

Latest posts