'19 In-State PG Tyreke Locure Talks Increased Iowa Interest

I appreciate good defense over "unimpressive assists" or being able to make 3 pointers which is a big reason why I think we're going to be better this year even though we lose Jok

I wouldn't be surprised to see his assists drop a bit without having Jok to make jump shots. On the other hand, if he plays like he did at the end of last year for the entire year, he might lead the nation in assists.

In games? I'd love to see the video of that cause I don't remember any. Warmups perhaps or just messing around or in Prime time league? Cause I've never seen him go up off two feet and throw it down like Cook with no head start. I'd sure like to think a guy that plays basketball at the D1 level that's 7 foot tall with long arms and large hands could do that easily but I can't remember ever seeing him do it in a game.

Woodbury's arms were relatively short.

I wouldn't be surprised to see his assists drop a bit without having Jok to make jump shots. On the other hand, if he plays like he did at the end of last year for the entire year, he might lead the nation in assists.

His unimpressive assist numbers should go down a bit

I just heard Rob Howe himself say on a radio show that he believes there's a good chance Iowa offers Lokure by the end of July, after completing their evaluation of him. Rob's usually right so I like our chances.

I'm going to pass this along to my wife. :)

I think there's a decent chance Iowa offers after the July evaluation period.

Typically CyTwins, he will beat a dead horse, and keep beating it and beating it and beating it.

Maybe I should do a quick poll and ask if people think 56 is CyTwins, just some other Clone fan, or a Hawk fan. Would be close voting on the first two, with only 56 voting himself as a Hawk fan.

You'd have to ask PC on that one, he was the one who taught me not all assists were created equal. I hope we offer Lokure by the way, we need a PG that can create and get in the lane

Yeah, he'd back up Bohannon for a year and learn from him about that stuff.

JB's assists will go up. The ball movement when Jok was out was far better. He will hopefully have a healthy (and a year older) Cook for the whole year. Cook will be able to play his natural position and he will have a true center that also can score.

This thread is about Locure, however. The kid can flat out play but no one else of consequence has offered him either. There must be something FM (and maybe others) is waiting to see. You can hate of FM for his recruiting if you'd like, but you can't argue his ability to evaluate talent and offer early when he sees it. I suspect FM will see it this summer and be his first P5 offer.

JB's assists will go up. The ball movement when Jok was out was far better. He will hopefully have a healthy (and a year older) Cook for the whole year. Cook will be able to play his natural position and he will have a true center that also can score.

This thread is about Locure, however. The kid can flat out play but no one else of consequence has offered him either. There must be something FM (and maybe others) is waiting to see. You can hate of FM for his recruiting if you'd like, but you can't argue his ability to evaluate talent and offer early when he sees it. I suspect FM will see it this summer and be his first P5 offer.

There's no doubt in my mind if the kid had a better attitude, he'd have more scholarship offers already. He's got the talent. Hopefully he matures. He said it in Rob's video that is what the college coaches are wanting to see.

Most of the kids that attend DSM North are not the most mature. They just aren't. Most come from the roughest of rough backrounds. Now I don't know a thing about this kid and his back round but I'm sure the coaches that are interested in him are just wanting to do their due diligence on him knowing the neighborhood he's from. I don't think it's his play or size shying coaches away. He's pretty darn athletic and can play. I think they want to make sure his grades are in order and that he's a good kid. I hope he is. I enjoy rooting for kids that come from tough back rounds of all kinds that rise up out of it. I don't think enough was said about Jok and where he came from with his Dad passing away when he was so young. I try to put myself in their shoes and for one I just can't and for two I just have no idea how I'd react to the things life would throw at them...

Jordan had 5 total assists when Jok was out

and 29 pts and 2 wins, he's kind of a do it all and whatever is needed player for Iowa.

I was talking about his assists not his points against two bad teams. I don't think they are going to increase this year with losing Jok. His points might go up but hopefully more than anything he can go from terrible to at least below average on the defensive end.

Latest posts