I got busted today, just got home from jail

sad that hawk fans can't stick together. Your willing to let the man keep you down. Look, I justed wanted to have the right to enjoy division 1 football today, have a few cold ones and party with my bro's, check out the lovelies strolling Melrose and cheer on the hawks. Instead, got bumrushed by the pigs on some trumped up charges, got a ride downtown and will have to face the man (judge) at the Johnson County Courthouse soon.

COULD OF BEEN YOU, think about it. For you folks who might of witnessed my misfortune of being manhandled by the cops and laughed and pointed fingers at me, well, think of me next week when YOU are struttin down Melrose sucking down a beer.

Watch out for the man, he's watching you

I bet Jon Miller and Hawkeyenation is being controlled by the man. Sally and Gary are pulling the strings to the Miller puppet show. you, the jokers are being sucked in. SHeirrif Lonny is going HA HA, more revenue, snickering at each new detainee be dragged in to the jail, wearing mirrored aviator glasses and a cowboy hat with a star on it telling each new prisoner "ya keep yer nose clean now, ya here?

Last edited:
SHeirrif Lonny is going HA HA, more revenue, snickering at each new detainee be dragged in to the jail, wearing mirrored aviator glasses and a cowboy hat with a star on it telling each new prisoner "ya keep yer nose clean now, ya here?[/QUOTE]
-----
I think I am beginning to like this guy

Last edited:
Well...KCRG is reporting that seven people were taken to the Johnson county jail today along with writing over 100 tickets for open container.

So what you're saying is: University Police were patrolling Melrose looking for deadbeat dads to bumrush, beatdown and haul off to the pokey with Paco? Dude, you shouldn't have cracked open that second barely pop with your hip purse wearing bro and you might have gone incognito??? You should name that chick in the lawsuit you are going to file for alledging that you fathered her child!

Melrose:

If what you say is the God-honest truth, you're actually in the wrong, not the UI, the campus police, ICPD or Johnson County Sheriff. You cannot consume alcohol in an open container in a public right-of-way, meaning between the sidewalks. If you were on someone's private property, i.e. a yard or even a parking lot or ramp, you'd be OK. But since you were on some sidewalk or street, the police had the RESPONSIBILITY to first warn then arrest you for open container. Whether or not the child support warrant is trumped up or true, that's beside the point. You drank in a public right-of-way, and that is codified by the state and/or city. And it's people like you is the reason why the university had to change the tailgating rules in the first place.

Of course, I never tailgated when I was attending the university. I was in the Hawkeye Marching Band, and we had to wait to drink until well after the game and on our own time.

More bad news. My ex just called and said that my son Ed got busted after the game with a MIP, minor in posession. 735 big ones, will probably have to come out of my pocket. Also he got busted along with some dude named Vargason for something the cops are calling 'defrauding an innkeeper'. Sounds like some 1880's law?! Apparently he was able to run up a tab at that bar next to the Hamburg Inn then tried to slip out the back. Mind you, the SAME bar that so eloquently was serving a minor. They should be held responsible for even letting a minor in, yet it's my kid who gets the heat put on him

Geez, can this day get any worse?

I don't care if this is legit or not? This is good entertainment for my Sunday morning reading. People never cease to amaze me.

COULD OF BEEN YOU, think about it. For you folks who might of witnessed my misfortune of being manhandled by the cops and laughed and pointed fingers at me, well, think of me next week when YOU are struttin down Melrose sucking down a beer.

well for one you broke the law then you didn't respect the cop who nicely just said to pour it out by opening up another one AND you were stop for other reasons??

i don't think i'll ever be in this position if a cop tells you to do something then you do it! i don't feel sorry for you or anybody else that does this its a sign of huge disrespect. if you did this anywhere else besides iowa city you would be locked up too its just not iowa city.

its everybodys fault and not yours what a joke i usually hate what cops do but in this situation you deserved it, because of you these strict laws were put in place

good luck with the lawsuit you leech

Last edited:
Tuck's is now IC Ugly's. Same owners as Shakespears on the eastside. He's talking about either George's or Ugly's.

I don't know the name of the bar, all I know is that it's in the same block as the old Tuck's Place.

Bar lets kids come in, doesn't check ID's. Lets the group ringleader (my kid) run up a tab buying beers for all the bro's. A TAB i'm telling you! Then, when it's time to pay up my kid runs out the back door. For some dumb reason, the bartender gave Ed an unopened can of beer before asking that the tab be closed out. Cops grab my kid, find the beer on him and slap down a $735 minor in posesion, then after Ed fesses up where he got the beer, the cops talk to the bar owners. Claims of some 1880's antique law called defrauding an innkeeper BS.

All I know is that I'll end up paying for this crap. Iowa City is a police state, DONT GO THERE