Proctor

Anybody know what happened to that French kid, I think that was his last name, from Cedar Rapids that went to Oregon a decade or so ago? How did his career turn out? Where is he now?
He had a pretty good college career at DE but barely had a cup of coffee in the NFL not sure he even played or made the 53 man roster. Don't think he's playing ball anymore I have no idea.

He had a pretty good college career at DE but barely had a cup of coffee in the NFL not sure he even played or made the 53 man roster. Don't think he's playing ball anymore I have no idea.

Yes, and had he gone to Iowa he could sell variable annuities in eastern Iowa and be a legend for the next 30 years.

Or medical equipment/pharmaceuticals. That's what 95% of the non-NFL guys did in Iowa after college in the 90s.

Or sell copiers....we had a couple of former ISU and Iowa players working for the company I'm with. Even Derek Pagel, who did get to play in the NFL, worked for us for awhile and he actually is now selling pharmaceuticals. At least he was the last time I checked.

Or sell copiers....we had a couple of former ISU and Iowa players working for the company I'm with. Even Derek Pagel, who did get to play in the NFL, worked for us for awhile and he actually is now selling pharmaceuticals. At least he was the last time I checked.
I think those jobs are now reserved for comely women.
For some reason there's a metric shit ton of former nebraska players working for Pella. I have a buddy who's a plant manager at one of their locations and he can rattle off a whole bunch of huskers at corporate.

Or medical equipment/pharmaceuticals. That's what 95% of the non-NFL guys did in Iowa after college in the 90s.
Yup my cousin that played TE for UNI ended up doing that for Stryker and worked with Luke Recker of all people for awhile. There's an instant foot in the door to that industry for those guys. 6 figures pretty much right out the gate.

My source close to the program told me this morning some VERY good news on the situation.

My wife's boyfriend's daughter's girlfriend saw a tweet that had a link to an Instagram post about a Tik Tok that has a video of a kid saying that he works as an assistant manager at the McDonald's in Altoona and she said that the night janitor's dealer's sister had a John on Sunday whose stepson's cousin's counselor at rehab has a nephew that knows a guy whose kid said that Kayden is 50% coming to Iowa. He overheard some crackhead talk about the situation at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Take it for what it's worth.

Sounds sketchy, I can't believe you are putting any stock into this. That crack-head would totally be doing fentanyl in this day and age, so the whole story falls apart.

Just FYI from the doubters, I messaged an Iowa media member (probably the most well-known one), asking when/if someone from Iowa media was going to get in touch with Proctor. The response I got was that he's not talking to media and will be speaking with Iowa coaches tonight (11/15). Said NIL is the factor.

Iowa coaches were not informed that he was going and found out the same way we did, via social media and media reports.

Believe it or not, don't come at me on whether it's true or not, I give zero shits if anyone believes me.

Just FYI from the doubters, I messaged an Iowa media member (probably the most well-known one), asking when/if someone from Iowa media was going to get in touch with Proctor. The response I got was that he's not talking to media and will be speaking with Iowa coaches tonight (11/15). Said NIL is the factor.

Iowa coaches were not informed that he was going and found out the same way we did, via social media and media reports.

Believe it or not, don't come at me on whether it's true or not, I give zero shits if anyone believes me.
I believe you

I can't say I blame him one bit, there is no guarantee he will see a dime from the NFL. Make what money when you can while you can.

That 2nd sentence is troubling... That means he didn't WANT them to know. That's a shady move. Only one reason to do it that way and not tell Iowa staff ahead of time...

How long has he been taking calls/texts emails from Oregon/other schools? Can't be kinda committed to someplace anymore then you can be kinda pregnant. Tea leaves are blowing the wrong direction folks. That's all I know

That 2nd sentence is troubling... That means he didn't WANT them to know. That's a shady move. Only one reason to do it that way and not tell Iowa staff ahead of time...

How long has he been taking calls/texts emails from Oregon/other schools? Can't be kinda committed to someplace anymore then you can be kinda pregnant. Tea leaves are blowing the wrong direction folks. That's all I know

I disagree with this. The kid got a trip to Oregon and wanted to hear their offer without coaches buzzing his phone every 10 minutes. Calling the coaches before hand would have been extremely difficult and perhaps this kid doesn't like confrontation.

Some media sources have him in the Oregon camp and others aren't as concerned. Probably the only person that knows might be he and his family at this point ........and KP may not know for sure himself which this trip would seem to point to.

Iowa simply needs to continue to recruit him hard because that is what Oregon is doing. One suggestion was to get him to the Nebraska game which makes sense to me.

Some media sources have him in the Oregon camp and others aren't as concerned. Probably the only person that knows might be he and his family at this point ........and KP may not know for sure himself which this trip would seem to point to.

Iowa simply needs to continue to recruit him hard because that is what Oregon is doing. One suggestion was to get him to the Nebraska game which makes sense to me.

FWIW he was at the Northwestern game. But, yeah, bring him to the Nebraska game. If Iowa is playing for the West championship it should be a fun game to take in. But if this is all coming down to NIL money I'm not sure it's going to move the needle much. It can't hurt.

I disagree with this. The kid got a trip to Oregon and wanted to hear their offer without coaches buzzing his phone every 10 minutes. Calling the coaches before hand would have been extremely difficult and perhaps this kid doesn't like confrontation.

...and calling them afterwards is easier? I'd think being up front first would be easier than coming back later and admiting you sand bagged them.

The words, "NIL is the factor" is all anyone needs to know.

And to be totally honest, do you really want a dude on your team that's 100% for himself and no team attitude at all? He would only be here 2 years anyway, and it's not like with a world-beater O-lineman that we were gonna win a bunch more games. To make a big difference you need an entire line that's really good, not just one guy.

And let's not act like Ross Piersbacher set the world on fire after not playing here. He turned into a practice squad hero and I'd take 1,000 Linderbaums over him. Same with Proctor.