Leistikow confirms Petras will start...

I figured he would, at least to see how he does with Ragaini and possibly Johnson back. But, I bet you he has a short leash and the plan will be to pull him if he doesn't perform better. How can it not be.

So, I'm not surprised at all they will start with him to give him one last chance against a shitty team. But, don't be surprised if we don't see a backup if the O is still a bit stagnant.

I figured he would, at least to see how he does with Ragaini and possibly Johnson back. But, I bet you he has a short leash and the plan will be to pull him if he doesn't perform better. How can it not be.

So, I'm not surprised at all they will start with him to give him one last chance against a shitty team. But, don't be surprised if we don't see a backup if the O is still a bit stagnant.
The other side would be don't be surprised if we see no change at all. I'd think this would be the game to get Padilla in and see what he can do. If he shows a pulse against a mediocre team then why not make the switch. That said there's really no such thing as a mediocre opponent when we're scoring an astonishing 7 points a game in OOC play with both games at home.

The other side would be don't be surprised if we see no change at all. I'd think this would be the game to get Padilla in and see what he can do. If he shows a pulse against a mediocre team then why not make the switch. That said there's really no such thing as a mediocre opponent when we're scoring an astonishing 7 points a game in OOC play with both games at home.

I think that would be a death sentence for Ferentz's at this point. Third game in and no production against a crappy ass team? If no change would be made, can you imagine the fallout that would happen among fans and media. There is no way they want to deal with answering that.

I think that would be a death sentence for Ferentz's at this point. Third game in and no production against a crappy ass team? If no change would be made, can you imagine the fallout that would happen among fans and media. There is no way they want to deal with answering that.
I totally agree, but I'm also looking at current body of work and inability to make any changes whatsoever. I've always been optimistic, or at least tried to be, but things aren't looking good.

KF utilizing his version of scorched earth policy

airplane-suicide.gif

You can disagree, but I can guarantee I knew before you did. End of story. (Is that how you do it? :) )
Actually you didn't because the guy in the office next to mine pays for Liestikow's texts like you and sends them to me.

Don't worry, I give him shit just like I did you the other day.

I don't pay for it. I waited until he tweeted anyway. I know you thought he was a little giggly in his Bri podcast interview, but I think you have to consider the format of that. He's given crazy access and time with the OC to go in-depth on the thought process behind Iowa's offensive scheme. I don't see him holding back as a columnist. I think most consider him critical yet fair.

I don't pay for it. I waited until he tweeted anyway. I know you thought he was a little giggly in his Bri podcast interview, but I think you have to consider the format of that. He's given crazy access and time with the OC to go in-depth on the thought process behind Iowa's offensive scheme. I don't see him holding back as a columnist. I think most consider him critical yet fair.
My issue with Leistikow is that he's Jekyll and Hyde depending on whether he's in front of either Kirk or Brian, and to a much greater degree than other guys like Dochterman, Hlas, Kennington Smith, Morehouse & Emmert back when they were beat reporters.

Leistikow knows 100% that Kirk and Brian will never read a word he writes about them or hear a word he says about them on a pod. The guy is only critical when there's no chance it'll get back to the boss. He's starstruck anytime he's around those two and it shows like crazy. It is what it is, but I don't like that kind of fakeness. I work with a couple people like that and it's cringey. Also, do you ever stop to think why he's the only guy who's ever given access like that? Same thing last year with Kirk.

It's a me problem, I'm well aware.

Last edited:
The presser was awful...just fucking terrible answers to some questions.

...."the ball goes where it goes"....

kept mentioning SP's resume as if it was something to be proud of.

Although, the decision to start SP this week against the worst team on the schedule make some sense. If he has the same issues....then there's your clean break point (not that it shouldn't have been sooner.)

We really need to hope for a 3-0 win this week. The last thing we need is to win 20-3 and have Petras throw for 175 yards against a bad team. That will be just enough to give him a couple more games. Then the season is half over and what's the point of making a change.

We really need to hope for a 3-0 win this week. The last thing we need is to win 20-3 and have Petras throw for 175 yards against a bad team. That will be just enough to give him a couple more games. Then the season is half over and what's the point of making a change.
I’m fine with getting beat 3-2 by a horrible Nevada team. Dead serious.

It would be the only thing that could possibly make a change happen. We would still be 0-0 in the division and have the same chance as anyone else going forward.

Latest posts