Leistikow confirms Petras will start...

We have the worst offense in FBS.
We have nearly the worst QB in FBS, who has one TD / 9 interceptions in his last 10 games.

What could happen that would be worse?
What's even crazier is to put these last 2 games in context is look who we played. ISUs D isn't any good. Nothing against SDSU but they aren't either. What'll OSU and Michigan do to us?

Teams that aren't all that good are putting up 400 yards of offense. We made fun of teams that could barely put up 300 yards and score 20 points. Yet here we are and we can't hardly expect 200 yards of O or 10 points without some being directly generated by the D or special teams.

Just reading a stat like that is insane. 9 games 1 TD pass. It's not like we had 25 rushing TDs during that same stretch either. The O overall is terrible. We won like 7 of those games I suppose. Till now KF has covered up the stink by winning games. He can look at that as it doesn't matter if we are winning. But now that the O is even worse and they are losing directly because of it there's no hiding from it. No amount of Axe body spray is going to cover up that stink

How BF can continue to be employed is beyond me. If KF thinks this whole nepotism thing is going away anytime soon he's in for a rude awakening. After last season ended I was really hoping BF would have ran off to another job. Any job just leave. The optics are as worse as the results of what's going on and this season is nosediving.
Just 5-5 over that stretch. So to act like overall team success is still present is just wrong.

Wins: NW, Minn, Ill, Neb, SDSU

Losses: Purdue, Wisc, Mich, Kentucky, ISU

Pretty lackluster stretch, especially considering how good D and ST have been.

Just reading a stat like that is insane. 9 games 1 TD pass. It's not like we had 25 rushing TDs during that same stretch either. The O overall is terrible. We won like 7 of those games I suppose. Till now KF has covered up the stink by winning games. He can look at that as it doesn't matter if we are winning. But now that the O is even worse and they are losing directly because of it there's no hiding from it. No amount of Axe body spray is going to cover up that stink

How BF can continue to be employed is beyond me. If KF thinks this whole nepotism thing is going away anytime soon he's in for a rude awakening. After last season ended I was really hoping BF would have ran off to another job. Any job just leave. The optics are as worse as the results of what's going on and this season is nosediving.
As a father of 3 I understand why you'd be hesitant to let your son go, but at the same time I don't see how you can set him up to fail and sit there and have to see that failure week in and week out. Not a doubt in my mind that I wouldn't at least demote him back to a position coach. I'm with you though, I just keep hoping BF takes a position elsewhere, sure he knows he's got job security now, but the bigger question is once dad leaves will he even be able to find a coaching position anywhere based on the way things are going.

Last edited:
What's even crazier is to put these last 2 games in context is look who we played. ISUs D isn't any good. Nothing against SDSU but they aren't either. What'll OSU and Michigan do to us?

Teams that aren't all that good are putting up 400 yards of offense. We made fun of teams that could barely put up 300 yards and score 20 points. Yet here we are and we can't hardly expect 200 yards of O or 10 points without some being directly generated by the D or special teams.
Raises for every offensive coach the day we break the 400 yards of total offense mark. Why set expectations when we can strive for mediocrity.

As a father of 3 I understand why you'd be hesitant to let your son go, but at the same time I don't see how you can set him up to fail and sit there and have to see that failure week in and week out. Not a doubt in my mind that I wouldn't at least demote him back to a position coach. I'm with you though, I just keep hoping BF takes a position elsewhere, sure he knows he's got job security now, but the bigger question is once dad leaves will he even be able to find a coaching position anywhere based on the way things are going.
I think BF may have missed the best window he had at leaving for another gig. If he'd have left 2 yrs ago he may have been able to get an HC gig at a smaller school. Or at least another OC job. Now he's damn near coached himself out of the game. Nobody is going to offer him an OC job now. HC is downright laughable. His last name doesn't mean squat for those that just look at his resume. He'll have to be a position coach to stay in coaching whenever he does leave.

To me him staying like he has and KFs stubbornness to not make changes is affirmation that they were trying to have him succeed Kirk. No if ands or butts about it. But now they are just trying to force it and I'm sorry but if that's still a goal of theirs then they need to check themselves in more ways then 1.

Just 5-5 over that stretch. So to act like overall team success is still present is just wrong.

Wins: NW, Minn, Ill, Neb, SDSU

Losses: Purdue, Wisc, Mich, Kentucky, ISU

Pretty lackluster stretch, especially considering how good D and ST have been.
Here I was trying to put some lipstick on it. Yeah it's been a straight down spiral with no changes being made. Definition of insanity

I mean it's been 2 games but after having watched them. How they went the types of plays being called and the personnel we have to work with I can't point to something and say 'yeah that'll turn things around'. Because I don't see it. I'll literally have to see it happen to believe it. I'm not from MO but they'll have to show me before I blindly agree with the folks that 'have faith'. This O with Petras no WRs a bad Oline and BF calling plays is a shit show...

The decision to start Spencer this week is Kirk and only Kirk. I’ve heard the rest of the offensive staff went to him on Sunday saying a QB change was necessary. He reluctantly agreed. But Monday morning Kirk had changed his mind and decided to stick with Petras

Petras starting gives the Nevada defense a huge advantage. Single coverage on outside receivers on first and second downs 9 defenders in the box. Third down, blitz. Petras is like a golfer who lost his swing and trying to make adjustments while playing. Unless he starts making passes, this will be another low scoring game.

He's not mentally balanced.

To play devils advocate...
What if Petras really is the best we have...far and away better than Padilla or Labas?

Petras starting gives the Nevada defense a huge advantage. Single coverage on outside receivers on first and second downs 9 defenders in the box. Third down, blitz. Petras is like a golfer who lost his swing and trying to make adjustments while playing. Unless he starts making passes, this will be another low scoring game.
We won't see a pass 30 yards downfield the whole game. Iowa plays within about 15 yards of the LOS pretty much. That's such an advantage for any defense going into a game it's unreal.

We won't see a pass 30 yards downfield the whole game. Iowa plays within about 15 yards of the LOS pretty much. That's such an advantage for any defense going into a game it's unreal.
With Keagan Johnson back, I predict we'll see some deep balls this game.

After the loss to App State, Jimbo Fisher said the loss was on him and the coaches.
Then immediately switches QB's.
After dismal start for Iowa, Kirk says the problem is "execution".
Then refuses to switch QB's.

After the loss to App State, Jimbo Fisher said the loss was on him and the coaches.
Then immediately switches QB's.
After dismal start for Iowa, Kirk says the problem is "execution".
Then refuses to switch QB's.
Jimbos QB obviously isn't practice Tim Tebow

Latest posts