transfer portal news

Yesufu is dead to me...so is Liam Robbins. Mid majors take a chance on a kid, develops them...then people get in their ears. Look at all the players in the portal? Not enough spots for all of them.
I feel for ya and always root for Drake. Drake is pre-season top 20 next year with those 2 and would have had an even more incredible season. Drake has a bright future regardless.

After reading comments though I can see the players side better, but it sucks for the fans none the less. It's kind of like the one and dones that leave after a year for the NBA in a way. They have one foot out the door from day one and no loyalty to the program. I know I never considered Ricky Davis a Hawk and still don't.

This tweet is a good one...........

From Mason Garner

After my one year of JV NAIA basketball, I’ve decided it’s best for myself and my family that I declare for the 2021 NBA Draft.

This is my guy... Go big or go home.

I feel for ya and always root for Drake. Drake is pre-season top 20 next year with those 2 and would have had an even more incredible season. Drake has a bright future regardless.

After reading comments though I can see the players side better, but it sucks for the fans none the less. It's kind of like the one and dones that leave after a year for the NBA in a way. They have one foot out the door from day one and no loyalty to the program. I know I never considered Ricky Davis a Hawk and still don't.
So help me out with this as I'm trying to see both sides of it and you may not even be in this camp, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Why is it when players transfer out, a good amount of the time they get the "once a Hawkeye, always a Hawkeye" send off, but when a player like Ricky Davis declares after a year he's not considered a Hawkeye.

I was reading the Nunge thread before I saw this and it triggered my curiousity. I don't mean it as a negative toward a player like Nunge, but generally what one and dones, do for the program in terms of national attention and from a future recruiting standpoint far and away exceeds what most transfers give to the program, yet we tend to praise the transfers for what they've done while seperating ourselves from the one and done's who seem to be focused on what is best for them and their careers.

I'm just trying to see the other angle, because I've always been confused by this.

So help me out with this as I'm trying to see both sides of it and you may not even be in this camp, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. Why is it when players transfer out, a good amount of the time they get the "once a Hawkeye, always a Hawkeye" send off, but when a player like Ricky Davis declares after a year he's not considered a Hawkeye.

I was reading the Nunge thread before I saw this and it triggered my curiousity. I don't mean it as a negative toward a player like Nunge, but generally what one and dones, do for the program in terms of national attention and from a future recruiting standpoint far and away exceeds what most transfers give to the program, yet we tend to praise the transfers for what they've done while seperating ourselves from the one and done's who seem to be focused on what is best for them and their careers.

I'm just trying to see the other angle, because I've always been confused by this.
I think for the most part people have their same opinion regardless of why the player left. Nunge is probably also getting a more universal good send-off due to his circumstances.

This tweet from Dick Vitale today:

Transfer portal totally OUT OF CONTROL /
has 10 players enter portal/today Jack Nunge Iowa to Xavier // T. Camara from UGA to Dayton //Malik Curry from ODU to WVA It is non/ Stop daily / this is NOW totally ABSURD!

I just went and looked and the column is headed 'prediction' but it does say 100%.

Out to the right is where it says M with a right arrow key and that is blank. Most of the commits have something there.

Who knows at this point?

I just went and looked and the column is headed 'prediction' but it does say 100%.

Out to the right is where it says M with a right arrow key and that is blank. Most of the commits have something there.

Who knows at this point?
Wasn’t sure what that all meant.

I guess with me anyway how can have anything but good wishes for Jack Nunge? He got dealt a few tough hands and tried to fight through it, but losing his Dad was a life changer. Had that not happened he is still a Hawk.

Ricky Davis was a one and done before it became the popular thing to do and was a real unforseen blow to our next season hopes. My reaction was WTF is this BS!. It was rare as far as I knew of. But maybe it became his "all about Ricky" personality that led me to feel the way I do about him, more than the act of what he did. I'd probably be happy as crap to have a one and doner on the team now as a guy would expect it from that talented of a player. Maybe Frans youngest kid will be one, cause probably only way we'll ever see one again...

Gabriel Kalscheur tweets:

https://twitter.com/GabrielKalsche1/status/1380875577717108743

I would like to thank the University of Minnesota community, fans, and my teammates for all their love and support the past 3 years. Minnesota will always be home to me. I am excited about the next chapter and fresh start in my college basketball career at Iowa State University

1f32a.svg

https://twitter.com/GabrielKalsche1/status/1380875577717108743/photo/1

I would like to thank the University of Minnesota community, fans, and my teammates for all their love and support the past 3 years. Minnesota will always be home to me. I am excited about the next chapter and fresh start in my college basketball career at Iowa State University

1f32a.svg

Good landing spot. He was one of the most overrated players in the B1G.

I don't ever remember him having a good game against Iowa either.

I guess with me anyway how can have anything but good wishes for Jack Nunge? He got dealt a few tough hands and tried to fight through it, but losing his Dad was a life changer. Had that not happened he is still a Hawk.

Ricky Davis was a one and done before it became the popular thing to do and was a real unforseen blow to our next season hopes. My reaction was WTF is this BS!. It was rare as far as I knew of. But maybe it became his "all about Ricky" personality that led me to feel the way I do about him, more than the act of what he did. I'd probably be happy as crap to have a one and doner on the team now as a guy would expect it from that talented of a player. Maybe Frans youngest kid will be one, cause probably only way we'll ever see one again...

Makes sense. Like I said, I was just looking for perspective as I'm one of those that see it as in both cases it equally effects the upcoming season as there was no real way of knowing either of them would not be back and it was an unexpected loss going into the next year. Wish/wished both the best, but was just putting my feelers out trying to see the other side.

1f32a.svg

Is there a more sideways move one could make?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a player at a mid major transferring up to a power conference or a kid at a power conference transferring to a mid major. We see things differently. You see it as "Mid majors take a chance on a kid, develop them and then people get in their ears". I see it as Power conference player doesn't get the offers he wants coming out of high school, signs on at a mid major, works his ass off proves he can play with the best of them, and enters the portal because he wants to play at the level that he had his sights set on all along.
Isn't the NBA made up of just as many mid-major players as P5 players?

Isn't the NBA made up of just as many mid-major players as P5 players?
There's no guarantee Robbins would have a stellar year with us, and don't count out Ogendele, He's had a year to catch on, and is harder to move than Liam would ever be. There could be a mid-major out there who will make the jump in progress to the D1 level out there just waiting for a chance.
Lottsa fish in the portal sea.