transfer portal news

We have a local kid, Mineral Point's Isaac Lindsey, transferring to Wisconsin.

Hard to say how good he can be because is is still coming back from a high school football injury that cost him his senior basketball season.

He initially played for UNLV who just lost Otzelberger. Interesting that Isaac didn't follow him to ISU.

Another local kid, Cuba City's Brayden Dailey, will play at UW Green Bay. He lost two months of his senior year when he broke his wrist falling hard after a dunk. He can shoot, but needs to get stronger and faster to compete even at the mid major level. Their coach is Linc Darner who runs an uptempo system somewhat similar to Dailey's high school team.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the transfer portal has become a game of musical chairs? When the music stops a bunch of these kids aren't going to have a seat. A lot of kids in the portal, twice as many as last year.

Has our "coach" bumped the "ceiling " once too much? Could it have ERASED the D concept? Gold is a very good pal often ,Go Hawks...

Just saw that Nate Reuters has entered the transfer portal for Wisconsin.

Indiana has been decimated with transfers. Saw Race Thompson and Khristian Landers entered the portal. That’s two freshman than would of been in their plans moving forward.
WTH would Reuvers transfer????

If you were 4 year starter at a D2 school, what would prevent you from transferring to a D1 school and playing 1 year with the Covid-19 rule? Seems like a way to get more exposure. Theoretically could POY of the conference to play.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the transfer portal has become a game of musical chairs? When the music stops a bunch of these kids aren't going to have a seat. A lot of kids in the portal, twice as many as last year.
It feels a lot like declaring for the draft for feedback then withdrawing. Does a better team/program want me?

: #Purdue’s Emmanuel Dowuona hits the transfer portal

He's 6'10", 245 lbs and was a sophomore last year.
I'm not familiar with him. Looks like we have 1 scholly left. [Theoritically, more if Fran pays back some of his extension by putting Connor or Patrick through school himself].

I'm not familiar with him. Looks like we have 1 scholly left. [Theoritically, more if Fran pays back some of his extension by putting Connor or Patrick through school himself].
The scholarships are not about Fran. They were awarded to athletes who had the skill levels to deserve them. They could have gone elsewhere.

we lose Nunge, Garza, JBo and JW and we only have one schooly? If so, that is really bad planning by Fran. Should have gotten an 8 year extension to fix it.

Just for S&Gs I went thru the transfer portal link in this thread and listed all the centers that are 6'10" and taller.

Walker Kessler 7'1" 245 lbs North Carolina
Will Baker 7'0" 235 lbs Texas - evidently already committed to Nevada, isn't that Alfords's school?
Aidan Ingiehon 6'10" 235 lbs Louisville
Qudus Wahab 6'10" Georgetown
Martic Mitchell 6'10" Minnesota - Liam's backup?
Jevonte Brown-Ferguson 6'11" 230 lbs - UConn - evidently committed to Texas A&M
Ejike Obinna 6'10" 243 lbs - Vanderbilt
Josh Carlton 6'11" 245 lbs - UConn
Emmanuel Okpomo 6'10" 220 lbs - Wake Forest
Sam Freeman 6'10" 240 lbs - Minneosta, another LIam backup?
Buay Koka 6'10 230 lbs - Tulane, committed to Detroit
Edra Luster 7'0" 245 lbs - East Caraolina
Patrick Tape 6'10" 220 lbs - Duke

Latest posts