transfer portal news

I still don't think Weezy leaves? But he could make some cash over the next 3-4 years while the Girly Friend is in college, pay for her school, then she can go to work and he can sit on the front porch coach HS ball and drink whiskey all day. Not a bad life!!

OK I changed my mind - He Gone

Wonder if Fran has his eye on someone? Perhaps one of the Minn lads wants to stay in the B1G? The guy from N. Car. is pretty decent, I hear. Who would be a good fit here, assuming they want to come?

When you can offer unlimited playing time in the Big, great post passing, a chance to associate with the All-American center, what's not to like.

I wonder if there are any good jucos or one and done frosh to be out there?

Maybe someone from overseas?

I'm sure the staff is scouring all their sources.

I’m not all that interested in guards. But I was really impressed with Jacob Young this year. I would love him as a 1 year guy.

And I know I’m a broken record on this but I love John Harrar. He’s listed as a forward in the portal. But he’s 6’8” and can definitely play the 5 for us.

Edit - He averaged 8.8 in both points and rebounds in this year’s BT with quality big men everywhere.

I love this thread, keep it going!
This is going to be a very active thread for weeks...or until the dominos start falling.

Side Note - Based on past history I think it’s more likely Fran signs a HS player off everyone’s radar than a Portal guy. But this only happens if Fran thinks he’s good. He won’t sign someone just because...

2 thoughts/questions...What transfers has Fran signed at Iowa excluding his first 2 years? Was Iowa ever in on any of the Portal guys out of high school...established relationship.

This is going to be a very active thread for weeks...or until the dominos start falling.

Side Note - Based on past history I think it’s more likely Fran signs a HS player off everyone’s radar than a Portal guy. But this only happens if Fran thinks he’s good. He won’t sign someone just because...
I don't think Fran likes using the portal to recruit over people. Getting a big this year is different tho because of Nunge leaving so I bet he's ok with it.

I don't think Fran likes using the portal to recruit over people. Getting a big this year is different tho because of Nunge leaving so I bet he's ok with it.
I'm hoping our English gentleman can contribute 10 quality minutes a game. He does have potential.

I’m not all that interested in guards. But I was really impressed with Jacob Young this year. I would love him as a 1 year guy.

No interest in guards? You really trust CJ's health? You think Sandfort will get minutes at the 2 spot? What's the thought process behind that?

No interest in guards? You really trust CJ's health? You think Sandfort will get minutes at the 2 spot? What's the thought process behind that?
I like Ulis, JT, Perkins and CJ. Connor’s days at the 4 should be over. That’s 5 guys for 2 spots...6 if JBo does return.

I like Ulis, JT, Perkins and CJ. Connor’s days at the 4 should be over. That’s 5 guys for 2 spots...6 if JBo does return.

If Sandfort is flexible enough to play the 2 and the 3 I buy in. Otherwise, it feels like you have 4 backup point guards. Maybe Perkins can do some things at the 2 in a backup role, but do you want him playing heavy minutes at the 2?

If Sandfort is flexible enough to play the 2 and the 3 I buy in. Otherwise, it feels like you have 4 backup point guards. Maybe Perkins can do some things at the 2 in a backup role, but do you want him playing heavy minutes at the 2?
We just view the roster differently. Connor is definitely a starting 1 IMO. JT has 2 years of experience and the athleticism we all want. He’s a starter IMO...was as a true freshman. Ulis didn’t look overmatched to me. He’s a quality backup IMO.

CJ is a stud at the 2. Every time he had to sit Perkins was in the rotation and played at the 2. So the coaches view him as a 2. I thought he was a scorer out of HS.

Side Note - We have no idea how good the young guys are shooting the 3. That wasn’t their role this year with Garza and several proven shooters.