transfer portal news

Aidan Ingiehon 6'10" 235 lbs Louisville is a name on the list of Bigs from the portal list I posted earlier in this thread.

On Friday he committed to Grand Canyon. He was raised in Ireland, moved to New York City where he graduated from high school. He was a 4 star prospect and the #44 overall prospect at that time when he chose Louisville. After two years of injury and illness and having rarely played he entered the portal.

Now with the transfer portal do we get to find out who we've offered that's in it? Or do we just kinda find out once a kid commits?

Now with the transfer portal do we get to find out who we've offered that's in it? Or do we just kinda find out once a kid commits?
Haven't been there in a while, but I believe Rivals.com offen lists offers

That Drake PG that was killing it Yesefu is transfering to Kansas I saw. That's interesting. I woulda figured ISU woulda put the full court press on for him and maybe they did. Imagine if Drake coulda kept him and that Robbins kid around? They'd have been unreal in that league the next yr or so

That Drake PG that was killing it Yesefu is transfering to Kansas I saw. That's interesting. I woulda figured ISU woulda put the full court press on for him and maybe they did. Imagine if Drake coulda kept him and that Robbins kid around? They'd have been unreal in that league the next yr or so
He’s really good.

ISU very well might have put on the full court press to get him, but if you're looking to make the jump from a mid major to one of the elite conferences in the country, then in my opinion even with a full court press from ISU picking Kansas over ISU is a no brainer. Given there are a number of factors that were involved in the decision, but if both coaches said all the right things I think Kansas signs him 10 out of 10 times.

Yesufu is dead to me...so is Liam Robbins. Mid majors take a chance on a kid, develops them...then people get in their ears. Look at all the players in the portal? Not enough spots for all of them.
Yeah but at the same time these kids have short careers. Is it their fault if they are under recruited initially? I get it. It's frustrating as hell being a mid major fan when kids do that. I just can't blame the kid for doing what they want. It doesn't have to be the 'right' thing to do for fans or the school they were at. They are playing by the rules right? So don't hate the player...

Yesufu is dead to me...so is Liam Robbins. Mid majors take a chance on a kid, develops them...then people get in their ears. Look at all the players in the portal? Not enough spots for all of them.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a player at a mid major transferring up to a power conference or a kid at a power conference transferring to a mid major. We see things differently. You see it as "Mid majors take a chance on a kid, develop them and then people get in their ears". I see it as Power conference player doesn't get the offers he wants coming out of high school, signs on at a mid major, works his ass off proves he can play with the best of them, and enters the portal because he wants to play at the level that he had his sights set on all along.

Sure the mid majors lose talented players, but the players they are losing I don't think fit into the category of the "mid major taking a chance on them". I see it as the mid major thinks/realizes they've found an absolute gem that can do a lot of good things to help the program. These players win games for the program, bring excitement, marketability, and attention to the program while they and help establish/maintain a culture that helps future recruiting. I don't think you'd ever hear a coach say I don't want this guy because we may lose them to a power conference school in a year or two.

It's easy to say that these players owe something to the program, but if they play at a level to get them to a power conference then in my opinion they've paid their dues during the time they were there. Mid majors, like all universities, benefit just as much from the players they bring in, as the players do from signing with those programs. I simply don't see as mid major being taken advantage of by a player so that they can get to the next level.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a player at a mid major transferring up to a power conference or a kid at a power conference transferring to a mid major. We see things differently. You see it as "Mid majors take a chance on a kid, develop them and then people get in their ears". I see it as Power conference player doesn't get the offers he wants coming out of high school, signs on at a mid major, works his ass off proves he can play with the best of them, and enters the portal because he wants to play at the level that he had his sights set on all along.

Sure the mid majors lose talented players, but the players they are losing I don't think fit into the category of the "mid major taking a chance on them". I see it as the mid major thinks/realizes they've found an absolute gem that can do a lot of good things to help the program. These players win games for the program, bring excitement, marketability, and attention to the program while they and help establish/maintain a culture that helps future recruiting. I don't think you'd ever hear a coach say I don't want this guy because we may lose them to a power conference school in a year or two.

It's easy to say that these players owe something to the program, but if they play at a level to get them to a power conference then in my opinion they've paid their dues during the time they were there. Mid majors, like all universities, benefit just as much from the players they bring in, as the players do from signing with those programs. I simply don't see as mid major being taken advantage of by a player so that they can get to the next level.
He was 6th man of the year in MVC IIRC. Is it possible he couldn’t figure out why he wasn’t starting until 2 starters went down with injuries?

I’m certainly not saying this happened. There are just so many variables. The kid is like 20. Some kids have changed their major 5 times at 20.

This tweet is a good one...........

From Mason Garner

After my one year of JV NAIA basketball, I’ve decided it’s best for myself and my family that I declare for the 2021 NBA Draft.

Latest posts