~ Iowa Basketball Career Records to Watch ~

Recent Update Movements & Stats to Watch:
  • Jordan Bohannon passed Tyler Cook and is now 21st all time in career points (forgive my error from my previous post stating Tyler was 20th, when he was actually 21st)
  • Jordan Bohannon is 22 points away from tying James Moses for 20th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 4 assists away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 5th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza passed Dean Oliver, Adam Haluska, & Jess Settles and is now 9th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 9 points away from tying Matt Gatens for 8th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza passed Greg Brunner and is now in sole possession of 10th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 10 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 9th all time in career blocks
  • Joe Wieskamp is 152 points away from becoming the 50th member of the 1,000 points club

All stats are up to date through the Southern game as of 12/1/2020

• Jordan Bohannon passed Tyler Cook and is now 21st all time in career points (forgive my error from my previous post stating Tyler was 20th, when he was actually 21st)
  • Jordan Bohannon is 22 points away from tying James Moses for 20th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 4 assists away from tying B.J. Armstrong for 5th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza passed Dean Oliver, Adam Haluska, & Jess Settles and is now 9th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 9 points away from tying Matt Gatens for 8th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza passed Greg Brunner and is now in sole possession of 10th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 10 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 9th all time in career blocks
  • Joe Wieskamp is 152 points away from becoming the 50th member of the 1,000 points club

All stats are up to date through the Southern game as of 12/1/2020
I guess you missed the posts explaining that JBO is not really very good “Over rated “ was one comment. So please delete your statistics on him. Thanks.

• Jordan Bohannon passed B.J. Armstrong and is now 5th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon is 39 assists away from tying Mike Gesell for 4th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza passed Matt Gatens and is now 8th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 14 points away from tying Ronnie Lester for 7th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 8 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 9th all time in career blocks
  • Joe Wieskamp is 141 points away from becoming the 50th member of the 1,000 points club

All stats are up to date through the Western Illinois game as of 12/4/2020

Luka is also on pace to break into the top 10 for both REB & FTM. Joe W is also on pace to crack the top 10 in 3PM this season. I will add them to those categories as the season progresses and they get closer.

• Jordan Bohannon passed James Moses and is now 20th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 13 points away from tying Bruce King for 19th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 28 assists away from tying Mike Gesell for 4th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza passed Ronnie Lester, Roy Devyn Marble, and B.J. Armstrong and is now 5th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 57 points away from tying Greg Stokes for 4th all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 4 blocks away from tying Michael Payne for 9th all time in career blocks
  • Joe Wieskamp is 106 points away from becoming the 50th member of the 1,000 points club

All stats are up to date through the Iowa State game as of 12/12/2020

• Jordan Bohannon passed Bruce King and is now 19th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 7 points away from tying Ed Horton for 18th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 17 assists away from tying Mike Gesell for 4th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon became the first player in school history to reach 300 career three pointers made
  • Luka Garza passed Greg Stokes and Acie Earl and is now 3rd all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 73 points away from tying Aaron White for 2nd all time in career points
  • Luka Garza passed Michael Payne and Nicholas Baer and is now 8th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 2 blocks away from tying Ryan Bowen for 7th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 39 free throws made away from tying Adam Haluska for 10th all time in career free throws made
  • Luka Garza is 61 rebounds away from tying Reggie Evans for 10th all time in career rebounds
  • Joe Wieskamp is 49 points away from becoming the 50th member of the 1,000 points club
  • Joe Wieskamp is 19 three pointers made away from tying Josh Oglesby for 10th all time in career three pointers made

All stats are up to date through the Purdue game as of 12/24/2020

• Jordan Bohannon passed Bruce King and is now 19th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 7 points away from tying Ed Horton for 18th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 17 assists away from tying Mike Gesell for 4th all time in career assists
  • Jordan Bohannon became the first player in school history to reach 300 career three pointers made
  • Luka Garza passed Greg Stokes and Acie Earl and is now 3rd all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 73 points away from tying Aaron White for 2nd all time in career points
  • Luka Garza passed Michael Payne and Nicholas Baer and is now 8th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 2 blocks away from tying Ryan Bowen for 7th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 39 free throws made away from tying Adam Haluska for 10th all time in career free throws made
  • Luka Garza is 61 rebounds away from tying Reggie Evans for 10th all time in career rebounds
  • Joe Wieskamp is 49 points away from becoming the 50th member of the 1,000 points club
  • Joe Wieskamp is 19 three pointers made away from tying Josh Oglesby for 10th all time in career three pointers made

All stats are up to date through the Purdue game as of 12/24/2020

thanks for the Update! do you know how many Games Marble played to get his points vs were Luka is right now? How many NCAA games vs what Luka has had? Losing the BIG Tourney and NCAA minimum 1 game last year cost Luka probably minimum of 60 pts I'd guess? Really hoping Luka doesn't get games canceled this year or injury so he gets a fair shot to break this thing. Just sucks that the crowd can't be there to witness it.

thanks for the Update! do you know how many Games Marble played to get his points vs were Luka is right now? How many NCAA games vs what Luka has had? Losing the BIG Tourney and NCAA minimum 1 game last year cost Luka probably minimum of 60 pts I'd guess? Really hoping Luka doesn't get games canceled this year or injury so he gets a fair shot to break this thing. Just sucks that the crowd can't be there to witness it.

Roy played in a total of 134 games per sports-reference.com. Luka has played in 104 games so far. Barring any cancellations etc. the rest of this year, Luka has at a minimum 21 games left (19 B1G games, 1 BTT, & 1 NCAA). That would put him at 125 games vs Roy's 134.

If Luka were to average his career 17.2 ppg the rest of the way he would end up at about 2,163 career points. He would need about 19.2 games to pass Roy. That would leave a small margin for error when it comes to cancellations, as a game or two could cost Luka. Let's say however, Luka continues to average his season ppg of 28.4. He would end up with about 2,382 career points and would need about 11.6 games to pass Roy. So if Luka averages the latter or somewhere in between, he can afford a couple of games being cancelled. Let's hope it doesn't come down to the wire.

As far as how many games it took Roy to get where Luka is at right now? I'm not sure, sports-reference doesn't have all of his games in the career games log. With that said, I think it's safe to say Luka did it in less games as Luka is averaging 17.2 ppg to Roy's 15.8.

Roy played in a total of 134 games per sports-reference.com. Luka has played in 104 games so far. Barring any cancellations etc. the rest of this year, Luka has at a minimum 21 games left (19 B1G games, 1 BTT, & 1 NCAA). That would put him at 125 games vs Roy's 134.

If Luka were to average his career 17.2 ppg the rest of the way he would end up at about 2,163 career points. He would need about 19.2 games to pass Roy. That would leave a small margin for error when it comes to cancellations, as a game or two could cost Luka. Let's say however, Luka continues to average his season ppg of 28.4. He would end up with about 2,382 career points and would need about 11.6 games to pass Roy. So if Luka averages the latter or somewhere in between, he can afford a couple of games being cancelled. Let's hope it doesn't come down to the wire.

As far as how many games it took Roy to get where Luka is at right now? I'm not sure, sports-reference doesn't have all of his games in the career games log. With that said, I think it's safe to say Luka did it in less games as Luka is averaging 17.2 ppg to Roy's 15.8.

Great stuff, thanks man. Really hoping Luka gets a fair shot to play the season out and break the record. He deserves it! I never thought I would see that record broken in my lifetime, especially with all the players that leave early for the NBA now.

• Jordan Bohannon passed Ed Horton and is now 18th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 93 points away from tying Jeff Horner for 17th all time in career points
  • Jordan Bohannon is 5 assists away from tying Mike Gesell for 4th all time in career assists
  • Luka Garza passed Aaron White and is now 2nd all time in career points
  • Luka Garza is 255 points away from tying Roy Marble for 1st all time in career points
  • Luka Garza passed Ryan Bowen and is now 7th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 15 blocks away from tying Gabe Olaseni for 6th all time in career blocks
  • Luka Garza is 18 free throws made away from tying Adam Haluska for 10th all time in career free throws made
  • Luka Garza is 34 rebounds away from tying Reggie Evans for 10th all time in career rebounds
  • Joe Wieskamp is 17 points away from becoming the 50th member of the 1,000 points club
  • Joe Wieskamp is 16 three pointers made away from tying Josh Oglesby for 10th all time in career three pointers made

All stats are up to date through the Rutgers game as of 1/3/2021

Garza has to average 16 pts a game in the remaining 16 games to overtake Marble. That's obviously not counting any tournament games.

Garza has to average 16 pts a game in the remaining 16 games to overtake Marble. That's obviously not counting any tournament games.

Fingers crossed that COVID doesn't screw him over. If he averages 26 points per game over the next 10 he will overtake Marble. I'd like to see him get the record as soon as possible to take any potential tournament cancellations out of the picture.

Garza now needs to average 15.5 PPG to lock up the all time scoring lead by the end of the regular season. He hasn't scored less than that in a game since 12-21-19 against Cincinnati.

Bohannon needs to average 4.07 APG to lock up the all time assist lead by the end of the regular season. He averages 4.5 per game in his career and 4.2 per game this season.

Side note, I plan on updating the records again after today's game.

I forget this stat all the time. JBo will become the 2nd or 3rd Big Ten player in history to score 1500 points and have 500+ assists.

Technically, he should be a all-time Big Ten great, but in reality he is not(which I am perfectly okay with). That being said, it is an awesome accomplishment.