So, Trump caught a hoax somehow?

What goal post have I moved. I'm trying to get you guys to view things from a different perspective and to reason. Trump is easily fact checkable.

And I will raise you one. Here are the states with the worst public school systems in the country. What do these states have in common? Red states with moronic, incompetent parents...we should defund all these red states and not allow them to manage schools systems.

42. Arkansas

43. South Carolina

44. Alabama

45. Nevada

46. Mississippi

47. Oklahoma

48. Alaska

49. Arizona

50. Louisiana

51. New Mexico

Again, an example of moving the goal posts. Where did public schools come into play?

The donor states thing is disputed by many sources. Wallet Hub has NM as the #1 most federally dependent state. It has NY #24, CA #41, IL #45, IA #47 and KS is #50. USA Today has VA #1, IA #34, CA #40, IL #45, NY #47 and CT #50. The "nonpartisan" Tax Foundation has MS #1, NY #22, CA #29, IA #31, IL #40 and HI #50.

You pick your source and you can find numbers to match your worldview. They all use different metrix and to my knowledge there is no "federally reported" source for this data.

Disputed how. Look at the top ten in tax revenue as reported by the government. Most are blue states. Then realize that all the red states with the worst education are also sucking on the federal tit for funds as hard as they can. They are running huge deficits based on the services / benefits they receive and how much they collect. So the blue states are paying for these loafing red states where the per capita income is so low they can't generate tax revenue.

So next time you start barking about how poorly run Blue States are and how Trump should cut them off. The reality is that if they were to get the money they are paying in, the Red states would be screwed. But Trump is the first President to punish states based on their political leanings...see mortgage interest deduction. Yeah...that's the guy we want running things. The vindictive a-hole. The one who wouldn't go to John Lewis's funeral because he didn't go to Trump's inauguration. John Lewis is an icon who fought for black American's to be treated equal to white Americans and for America to live up to the Constitution this country was founded on. He deserved better. Trump is a fraud with an agenda that harkens back to the days of the 20s and 30s...where the Make America Great Again slogan originated.

Again, an example of moving the goal posts. Where did public schools come into play?

Keep up...we are talking about how well run states are and their political leanings. What I'm saying is...Red states have done a terrible job with educating their people...hence their ability to get sucked into a guy like Trump's lies. If they were more educated...they would realize he's a racist bigot with an agenda designed to enrich himself and his seedy family. You with us now?

I don’t give two shits about either candidate or anyone’s political views, but my mom was born and raised outside of Jackson, MS, born in a house with a literal dirt floor. I visited it with her once after my grandpa died and she had a meltdown remembering how she grew up. I’ve visited the state several times and saw first hand how outrageously backwards it is. It’s literally 40 years behind every other state. That place is absolutely the poorest place in the nation, and racism is crazy both ways, white and black. Mom only went to elementary school before quitting and I saw the class pictures. She was one of three white kids in a class of I’m guessing 25 black kids. She told me about seeing her little brother get beat up because he was white, and the racism went both ways. They were brought up to hate each other. It’s just the absolute most backwards place you could ever imagine and there’s no way to understand it without visiting the rural areas. You step back in time a half century when you cross the border.

My parents always told the story of how when they went to get married up north here how they couldn’t because my mom had no birth certificate and no social security card. She simply didn’t exist in the eyes of the government because she was born in a goddamn house and no one ever told anyone the kid existed. They just didn’t do that, they had kids and went about their lives. All her 11 siblings were the same way and my mom (who was 18) didn’t even know what a SSN was when they went to get married.

Bottom line, anyone who bitches about Mississippi being a welfare state can eff right off. They need three times the funds they get. That place is still feeling the shitty effects of reconstruction 150 years later, and those rural Mississippians come from generation after generation after generation of uneducated poor people who don’t even know there’s anything else than being poor and having babies...even in 2020. They quite literally don’t know any better, white, black, or otherwise. I understand the concept of wanting people to pull themselves by their bootstraps and I believe in it, but how do you expect someone to do it if they don’t even know the bootstraps exist?

I completely agree with you. I know that sounds strange. I'm not arguing your point of them needing more federal money...I agree. I'm trying to make a point about people bitching about Blue State governors and how Blue states are run and being critical to say it's all political in nature. It's not. Sure they have problems...but the same problems you talk about in Mississippi are prevalent in the inner cities. More needs to be done and you can't have a President pouring gasoline on the fire like he has done. He's made it worse...much worse. Why...to push his law and order agenda.

Disputed how. Look at the top ten in tax revenue as reported by the government. Most are blue states. Then realize that all the red states with the worst education are also sucking on the federal tit for funds as hard as they can. They are running huge deficits based on the services / benefits they receive and how much they collect. So the blue states are paying for these loafing red states where the per capita income is so low they can't generate tax revenue.

So next time you start barking about how poorly run Blue States are and how Trump should cut them off. The reality is that if they were to get the money they are paying in, the Red states would be screwed. But Trump is the first President to punish states based on their political leanings...see mortgage interest deduction. Yeah...that's the guy we want running things. The vindictive a-hole. The one who wouldn't go to John Lewis's funeral because he didn't go to Trump's inauguration. John Lewis is an icon who fought for black American's to be treated equal to white Americans and for America to live up to the Constitution this country was founded on. He deserved better. Trump is a fraud with an agenda that harkens back to the days of the 20s and 30s...where the Make America Great Again slogan originated.

Wow - you went a lot of places there (mortgage interest deduction - really?)! Have to get your talking points in. Whenever I get into any sort of debate with an "enlightened leftie", they always resort to calling names when they realize they're losing the debate. Biden did it the other night calling Trump a clown (he is a clown, but not the forum to use that term). I noticed you called me some names in a post that appears as if it's been deleted - something about education or some other BS leftie talking point.

Dude you have some serious problems with reading comprehension (maybe some other ones too).

Wow - you went a lot of places there (mortgage interest deduction - really?)! Have to get your talking points in. Whenever I get into any sort of debate with an "enlightened leftie", they always resort to calling names when they realize they're losing the debate. Biden did it the other night calling Trump a clown (he is a clown, but not the forum to use that term). I noticed you called me some names in a post that appears as if it's been deleted - something about education or some other BS leftie talking point.

Yeah...Trump capped the mortgage interest deduction to $10000 per year on your federal taxes. Who does that hurt? Mostly people in CA, NY, IL, and NJ...or they high housing cost states. Interesting...all blue states that he has no chance of winning. Vindictive. Bad leadership. I've not called you any names...you are calling me a BS leftie though. By the way...your boy in Washington calls people names all the time...cute little nicknames...like a 12 year old girl does.

Hmm...12 of the top 15 states with the most debt have and have had Democrat leadership for many years. The top five are CA, NY, MA, NJ and IL. Those five states have almost as much debt as the other 45 and I think we can agree they're always on the list of the highest tax states and other than CA (and that's slowly changing) they're all losing population. People and businesses are running from something.

Nice subject change. Did you get your distraction skills from Donny? Hint...population matters.

Good schools are always in play when it comes to an educated community, lifetime income, job satisfaction, good child rearing skills, charity support, health, political involvement, in other words, what anDemocracy needs to be successful. If you don’t get this, you are really out of touch with reality.

You are predictably exposing yourself as a talking point conservative. Attack the educated as “elite.” Not any chance you will be defined as a elite. Congrats! Education makes you an elite. That is probably the dumbest thing I have heard in 2020.

New revelation. If you are highly educated, you are an elite, lack common sense, don’t understand the “ordinary” person, and probably ignore the Old Testament. The Calvinists have taken you into their cult. Should be very comfortable for you, if you like the 17th Century. Ha Ha Ha!!

It's Council

It's Counciltuckey. But that comes from the very sophisticated west side of the river - you know Corn Dog land.

That part I get and nice touch. There are areas of the Bluffs with +20% poverty. I would love to live the the old Heights area. It's nice. Even there you need to be quite aware of what' s going on around you even around the old HS sloped football field. There are areas of a lot of meth issues.

You might find this interesting. http://www.city-data.com/city/Council-Bluffs-Iowa.html

CB has made great strides, unfortunately on the back of gambling which has it's own issues. CB has a very low black population. To ignore the problems is a bit dubious.

About IL, Decatur, Danville, Kankakee, Rockford are not much to brag about and Danville is about dead. However, most IL rural areas are actually quite nice and I'd say nicer in general that IA. Even Missouri has moved past Iowa in that arena to a degree. Chicago is a mixed bag with some of the worst and best areas in the nation. IL's political situation is held hostage by pretty much 1 man. Champaign and IC are oft compared and yes, Champaign has a sizable minority population and drug crime has gotten out of hand. IC just doesn't have a minority population. Champaign overall has much more in the way of nice neighborhoods than IC. U of IL has a high acceptance rate (tougher admission standards) from my local community. The minority population at IL is pitifully low.

Yep, that's the way he rolls. Very immature. Get's backed into a corner and the names come out. I've dealt with that this entire thread. I've held back responding to.

I'm absolutely done with him. He votes his way, I vote my way. That's why we have elections. He can vote with the rest of the 38% of America. I don't care. At least the rest get it right.

I don't like either but call out Biden w Trump out of control? Biden showed lot of restraint for a guy who can't restrain himself around little girls.

Since this is the political thread, I'll throw this in here: You had to love the fly on Pence's head last night at the VP debate. The fly didn't move for two minutes. Pence showed amazing restraint to not swat the thing off.

Who was complaining about him shutting down travel? I thought it was a good thing that would help slow the spread. Who is complaining about it now? Why is this such a keystone of the argument that "Trump did a good job"? He wanted to point a finger at China to demonize somebody, and has continued to do so. People are upset about his misinformation campaign regarding COVID and complete lack of a plan, not his decision to implement travel restrictions. There were already 9 confirmed cases in the US at the time. So great, he stopped more infected people from coming in but did nothing (offered no leadership other than to say it was a hoax and would miraculously disappear) to contain the spread at home. THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE PISSED ABOUT. Why is it so hard to understand? Everyone just goes back to their Fox News/OAN talking points, it's why we can't have any objective discussions about things.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-snowballing-china-travel-claim/

We needed testing and tracing, Trump called for less testing repeatedly. He blocked attempts to dedicate more funds to testing and tracing. The stances he has taken at almost every step of the way is nearly the opposite of what he should have done.

A great response to all the deniers of Trump's lack of action. It is factual, because our airlines and customs and border patrol keep the data, that 40,000 people came back to the US after the ban and did not have to isolate.

Yeah...Trump capped the mortgage interest deduction to $10000 per year on your federal taxes. Who does that hurt? Mostly people in CA, NY, IL, and NJ...or they high housing cost states. Interesting...all blue states that he has no chance of winning. Vindictive. Bad leadership. I've not called you any names...you are calling me a BS leftie though. By the way...your boy in Washington calls people names all the time...cute little nicknames...like a 12 year old girl does.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The mortgage interest deduction is capped at the amount of interest you pay on the first $750,000 of a mortgage. The deduction that is capped at $10k is the SALT (State and Local Taxes) deduction.

Of course, Trump also cut marginal rates pretty dramatically to go along with capping those deductions. It's funny, ten years ago phasing out or elminating those sorts of itemized deductions that disproportionately inure to the wealthy and upper middle class was all the rage in liberal circles. Then Orange Man actually does it and its "ERMAGAHD, ORANGE MAN BAD."

Since this is the political thread, I'll throw this in here: You had to love the fly on Pence's head last night at the VP debate. The fly didn't move for two minutes. Pence showed amazing restraint to not swat the thing off.
Pence is so Botoxed he couldn't even feel it. Not kidding.

He's had more failed nose jobs than Michael Jackson, you can see there's nothing left and his nostrils are collapsed.

More_Pence_Visuals-11468600150.jpg

Mike-Pence-Argentina-ap-img-680x430.jpg

Last edited:
He's a narcissist and a bully. I don't deny that. The other option was Clinton and now Biden. Really? This is the best candidates we can get. So, I'm left voting for the party that I agree with as far as principles in government and how to run the country. Trump has done what I liked as far as the economy, getting better trade deals that is better for our country, supporting the military, etc.. The business end he kicks ass and is tough. I like that. Yes, socially he is not the best.

Funny how people always beg for change or a non-politician in office. Well, now ya got it and they don't like it.

Oh, and I don't disagree with anything that you state above. Pretty much where I am as well.

What exactly have the Democrats done in the last 4 years besides trying everything to impeach Trump. Their
only focus has been on him and all they talk about is beating him. I have no idea where they or Biden stands on half the important topics for our country. They have no idea. They just have tunnel vision on Trump and beating him. It's pathetic! In my eyes they are just obstructionist now. They are completely radical and now out of control.

Hahaha, first of all the Dems have only had any kind of Fed power for less that two years since Jan. 10th or so of 2019 after the huge victories taking over the House of Reps. The Dems have put forward many, many really good bills in the House of Reps since that time that were passed but stonewalled in the Senate, why because of Moscow Mitch. Look it up, bills to help kids, to help schools, to help with healthcare, etc.

The HOuse of Reps put forth a big needed Covid recovery package 4 months ago that the Fed Reserve has been saying is much needed again yet Mitch and Donald wont pass it while regular people go belly up. Give me a break

Second, Trump and Ross trying to put a citizenship question on the Census, an original constitutional statute, is the utmost in their trying to mess with America, with all their loyalty oaths around the Cabinet table.

And all your Republicans do is give more tax breaks to the wealthy and widen the wealth gap, that is the only thing the Repub party stands for so that must be what you like.

Latest posts