So, Trump caught a hoax somehow?

I totally see where your coming from but here's how I see it. My 9 to 5 career I work for the County and it is mandated that if I leave my office and interact with the public then I'm masked. It's also in that same policy that if I'm exposed to it or come down with it that I'm missing a minimum of 10 days and using PTO to cover those hours.

My other job as we've talked about in the past, is that I coach club sports. Where we are not mandated but "highly encouraged" to wear masks which is an absolute pain in the ass, yet I comply. My wife has to wear them for work 8 hours a day...my two oldest kids have to wear them all day everyday while in class. Everyone in my family has to wear one with the exception of my 10 month old who would probably be mandated to be wearing one as well if there was a chance in hell he would keep it on.

Everywhere we look there are individuals that are mandated by private policies or state/federal policies telling us we need to be doing this if not for our safety but for the safety as others. So I totally agree that your not going to stop a virus being passed around by asymptomatic individuals, but at the same time if I (as well as my family) am having to go through all this then I find it absolutely inexcusable that the face of our nation who downplayed the severity of virus, isn't holding himself to the same guidelines that the rest of have to.

Yea I also wear one. Work mandates us to wear one as well in addition to a shield when in common areas. This when I do go in. I am actually home-based for 95% of the time.

All this shit goes both ways. Did Nancy Pelosi put the residents of her state into perspective when she went unmasked into the hair shop when the shop was supposed to be closed? There are many times I've seen Biden out and about without a mask.

The guy took flack for shutting down travel to and from China in the infancy of this whole thing. I don't think he downplayed the severity of it then. Took a lot of shit for it.

It comes down to the old sorry story

ANYTHING TRUMP = BAD
ANYTHING NOT TRUMP = GOOD

Yea I also wear one. Work mandates us to wear one as well in addition to a shield when in common areas. This when I do go in. I am actually home-based for 95% of the time.

All this shit goes both ways. Did Nancy Pelosi put the residents of her state into perspective when she went unmasked into the hair shop when the shop was supposed to be closed? There are many times I've seen Biden out and about without a mask.

The guy took flack for shutting down travel to and from China in the infancy of this whole thing. I don't think he downplayed the severity of it then. Took a lot of shit for it.

ANYTHING TRUMP = BAD
Who was complaining about him shutting down travel? I thought it was a good thing that would help slow the spread. Who is complaining about it now? Why is this such a keystone of the argument that "Trump did a good job"? He wanted to point a finger at China to demonize somebody, and has continued to do so. People are upset about his misinformation campaign regarding COVID and complete lack of a plan, not his decision to implement travel restrictions. There were already 9 confirmed cases in the US at the time. So great, he stopped more infected people from coming in but did nothing (offered no leadership other than to say it was a hoax and would miraculously disappear) to contain the spread at home. THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE PISSED ABOUT. Why is it so hard to understand? Everyone just goes back to their Fox News/OAN talking points, it's why we can't have any objective discussions about things.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/trumps-snowballing-china-travel-claim/

We needed testing and tracing, Trump called for less testing repeatedly. He blocked attempts to dedicate more funds to testing and tracing. The stances he has taken at almost every step of the way is nearly the opposite of what he should have done.

You should really become a Republican, it's a lot less stressful.

Yes...all I have to do is roll over and kiss the ring. Yeah...no thanks. I'll let history be the judge of Trump's lunacy, corruption, and stupidity. It's all on tape and everything has a paper trail...even the tax return evasion. You just have to have an ability to reason to see it. I didn't realize to be a Republican Senator...you had to have your balls removed. Was that in the fine print somewhere. I was hoping all the black Republican Senators would at least stand up to him...oh wait...there is only one...unfortunately...he votes "old white dude" too.

ANYTHING TRUMP = BAD

yes...Trump the victim. I feel bad for him...everyone is so mean to him.

ANYTHING TRUMP = BAD

Sorry MH, you aren't that simple and neither is this. I"m a registered R. Ya, just about anything Trump is Nuts. Mabe that is the way to put it.

I can't stand Biden btw. His Ukraine stuff is real and bad. He gets handsy with Little Girls. Trump waits until 14.

I don't believe I ever heard Trump denying that the virus exists. Might be just me though.

Well Trump is on video telling a bunch of his followers 'the covid is a democratic hoax'. But really when I mention covid deniers I am talking about a whole lot of people who come out on social media saying this is a hoax, saying covid is started and created by big companies to make money, saying it doesn't really exist, and any number of QAnon conspiracies.

I am not sure how millions of people think the top levels of Fed govt, many, many governors and other state and local leaders and healthcare people are either being duped or are part of some huge conspiracy. Let alone all the body bags in Europe and elsewhere.

Here's my take and I don't want to spend too much time on it or make it to political. The guy is simply unlikable which is why he gets criticized the way he does. He denies the severity of covid calls it a hoax and then when he can no longer deny it rather than simply admitting he was way off base, it becomes the matter of "I knew all along and was downplaying it to the public". The problem I have is the man is never wrong, but so quick to call out those who are.

Does he deserve credit for some of the things he's done while in office absolutely, but at the same time he absolutely deserves criticism for his handling of other things. He just has an arrogance and persona about him that completely rubs people the wrong way and in my opinion when questioned goes into a defense attack mode rather than finding another way to get his point across.

I guess I'm just tired of politics in general. The whole concept that attacking a person's character simply to redirect criticism blows my mind, and who knows maybe more people would take interest in things if was about issues and not simply finger pointing. Like the debate...I spent (wasted) 90 minutes of my time trying to get some sort of idea on where they stood on different things thinking that they might actually debate, but instead got to hear them constantly attack each other while constantly interrupting the each other to throw insults back and fourth rather than allowing the other to actually speak their mind. I guess the system is great if we want the more aggressive more childish candidates to belittle each other rather than putting any effort whatsoever into actually trying to win votes based on ideology and ways in which they'd actually help the nation. At the end of the day all I can say is its a shame that these are the two individuals selected by their parties to run the country.

Yes...all I have to do is roll over and kiss the ring. Yeah...no thanks. I'll let history be the judge of Trump's lunacy, corruption, and stupidity. It's all on tape and everything has a paper trail...even the tax return evasion. You just have to have an ability to reason to see it. I didn't realize to be a Republican Senator...you had to have your balls removed. Was that in the fine print somewhere. I was hoping all the black Republican Senators would at least stand up to him...oh wait...there is only one...unfortunately...he votes "old white dude" too.

So bitter.

Here's my take and I don't want to spend too much time on it or make it to political. The guy is simply unlikable which is why he gets criticized the way he does. He denies the severity of covid calls it a hoax and then when he can no longer deny it rather than simply admitting he was way off base, it becomes the matter of "I knew all along and was downplaying it to the public". The problem I have is the man is never wrong, but so quick to call out those who are.

Does he deserve credit for some of the things he's done while in office absolutely, but at the same time he absolutely deserves criticism for his handling of other things. He just has an arrogance and persona about him that completely rubs people the wrong way and in my opinion when questioned goes into a defense attack mode rather than finding another way to get his point across.

I guess I'm just tired of politics in general. The whole concept that attacking a person's character simply to redirect criticism blows my mind, and who knows maybe more people would take interest in things if was about issues and not simply finger pointing. Like the debate...I spent (wasted) 90 minutes of my time trying to get some sort of idea on where they stood on different things thinking that they might actually debate, but instead got to hear them constantly attack each other while constantly interrupting the each other to throw insults back and fourth rather than allowing the other to actually speak their mind. I guess the system is great if we want the more aggressive more childish candidates to belittle each other rather than putting any effort whatsoever into actually trying to win votes based on ideology and ways in which they'd actually help the nation. At the end of the day all I can say is its a shame that these are the two individuals selected by their parties to run the country.

He's a narcissist and a bully. I don't deny that. The other option was Clinton and now Biden. Really? This is the best candidates we can get. So, I'm left voting for the party that I agree with as far as principles in government and how to run the country. Trump has done what I liked as far as the economy, getting better trade deals that is better for our country, supporting the military, etc.. The business end he kicks ass and is tough. I like that. Yes, socially he is not the best.

Funny how people always beg for change or a non-politician in office. Well, now ya got it and they don't like it.

Oh, and I don't disagree with anything that you state above. Pretty much where I am as well.

What exactly have the Democrats done in the last 4 years besides trying everything to impeach Trump. Their
only focus has been on him and all they talk about is beating him. I have no idea where they or Biden stands on half the important topics for our country. They have no idea. They just have tunnel vision on Trump and beating him. It's pathetic! In my eyes they are just obstructionist now. They are completely radical and now out of control.

Last edited:
He's a narcissist and a bully. I don't deny that. The other option was Clinton and now Biden. Really? This is the best candidates we can get. So, I'm left voting for the party that I agree with as far as principles in government and how to run the country. Trump has done what I liked as far as the economy, getting better trade deals that is better for our country, supporting the military, etc.. The business end he kicks ass and is tough. I like that. Yes, socially he is not the best.

Funny how people always beg for change or a non-politician in office. Well, now ya got it and they don't like it.

Oh, and I don't disagree with anything that you state above. Pretty much where I am as well.

What exactly have the Democrats done in the last 4 years besides trying everything to impeach Trump. Their
only focus has been on him and all they talk about is beating him. I have no idea where they or Biden stands on half the important topics for our country. They have no idea. They just have tunnel vision on Trump and beating him. It's pathetic! In my eyes they are just obstructionist now. They are completely radical and now out of control.

Absolutely no argument about the Dems. I think your right where its become less about the issues and more on simply winning the presidency which is a horrible look for our country. I guess to me, I've always had this false hope that the position of the president would be used to bring the two parties together. Like I said I'm not one to say that he hasn't done anything positive I just hate how he goes about it. Like most recently his phone call with the Big Ten trying to get them to reconsider a football season. Novice idea, but then weeks later to say during the debate that "he made it happen". I just see him as totally delusional like he's living in his own little world inside his head where our reality and his are completely different. It just completely rubs me the wrong way and honestly, who knows maybe if he came across as someone a little more likable those who weren't necessarily in his corner would at the very least respect him.

Sometimes bad people do good things. And of course sometimes good people do terrible things. this president is unlikable and says stupid things. He's a narcissist and egomaniacal not unlike some famous historic kings in Europe. I voted not for his personality or his personal morals but the general ideas that are distinct from the modern left. So you might say I vote against the vision of the left. Sometimes it takes an asshole to execute against the massive media and cultural onslaught. Of course, if you told me he is his own worst enemy, I would find little to argue with.

Man, dude...what planet on you on. He's done what you liked on the economy. He took a great economy from Obama...yes...look it up...and added a sugar high with corporate tax cuts. He took care of the top wage earners because they took 73% of the tax cut dollars for individuals and families. Guess what...deficits don't matter until they matter. We will pay the piper eventually...he's just kicking the can down the road.

What great trade deal has he done? China...no. All he has done there is add tariffs that increases the cost to the consumers in the US. Oh...and a nice sideshow to the tariffs is the welfare he's providing for the farmers...so in effect, he raised prices on the US consumer, and to make it even worse...he's subsidizing farmers with our tax dollars so they don't sell a crop. That's your great negotiator for you. Free markets are a Republican policy...but he's made a mockery of it. You don't get a deal from China by going it alone...otherwise they do what they did...and started buying ag products from Brazil and others. You need Brazil to toe the line...or we won't trade with them. Instead, it's all about Trump and him lying about everything.

Supporting the military...really. He's lost the military as a constituency. Guess what...the "losers" comments are real...it's not the first time he's said it...John McCain was a hero. What he did took balls...he flew missions over Vietnam with Russian anti-aircraft equipment everywhere in the North. To call him a loser, especially when you dodged the draft...is beyond comprehension.

Trump is corrupt...and he's a fraud...and I hate to break it to you...but he's likely going to prison for tax evasion among other crimes. Questions: Why did he abandon our position in Syria and who benefited? Putin Why did he abandon the Kurds in Northern Syria and who benefited? Erdogan Why did we sell arms to Saudi Arabia after congress said no...and voted it down. Trump declared a national security emergency and did it anyway. Why? Last question...who does Trump owe money to? That will answer all these questions.

Oh...and I do agree with you that he's a narcissist. The bully part...yeah...he's good at picking on people who can't fight back...and that are less fortunate, poor...etc.

But that's your guy. LOL.

Last edited:
Man, dude...what planet on you on. He's done what you liked on the economy. He took a great economy from Obama...yes...look it up...and added a sugar high with corporate tax cuts. He took care of the top wage earners because they took 73% of the tax cut dollars for individuals and families. Guess what...deficits don't matter until they matter. We will pay the piper eventually...he's just kicking the can down the road.

What great trade deal has he done? China...no. All he has done there is add tariffs that increases the cost to the consumers in the US. Oh...and a nice sideshow to the tariffs is the welfare he's providing for the farmers...so in effect, he raised prices on the US consumer, and to make it even worse...he's subsidizing farmers with our tax dollars so they don't sell a crop. That's your great negotiator for you. Free markets are a Republican policy...but he's made a mockery of it. You don't get a deal from China by going it alone...otherwise they do what they did...and started buying ag products from Brazil and others. You need Brazil to toe the line...or we won't trade with them. Instead, it's all about Trump and him lying about everything.

Supporting the military...really. He's lost the military as a constituency. Guess what...the "losers" comments are real...it's not the first time he's said it...John McCain was a hero. What he did took balls...he flew missions over Vietnam with Russian anti-aircraft equipment everywhere in the North. To call him a loser, especially when you dodged the draft...is beyond comprehension.

Trump is corrupt...and he's a fraud...and I hate to break it to you...but he's likely going to prison for tax evasion among other crimes. Questions: Why did he abandon our position in Syria and who benefited? Putin Why did he abandon the Kurds in Northern Syria and who benefited? Erdogan Why did we sell arms to Saudi Arabia after congress said no...and voted it down. Trump declared a national security emergency and did it anyway. Why? Last question...who does Trump owe money to? That will answer all these questions.

Oh...and I do agree with you that he's a narcissist. The bully part...yeah...he's good at picking on people who can't fight back...and that are less fortunate, poor...etc.

But that's your guy. LOL.

Oh Geezus! You definitely have goggles on. Took a great economy from Obama??? LMFAO!!
The stock market jumped up the minute Trump was declared president in 2016. It gained more in the last 4 yrs than the previous 8. Look it up!

I just wish we had a candidate that would promise to take more of my paycheck away for taxes, illegal immigration, and welfare in piss poor democratic run cities.

no shit. I didn’t even touch on that. Is it a coincidence every Democrat ran large city and states are bankrupt no. Look at the list. It’s alarming.

Oh Geezus! You definitely have goggles on. Took a great economy from Obama??? LMFAO!!
The stock market jumped up the minute Trump was declared president in 2016. It gained more in the last 4 yrs than the previous 8. Look it up!

You see, this is why i don't argue with the Trump koolaid guys. All you have to do is google it...in any way shape or form to get Obama's economic numbers...and the economy he handed to Trump...but you don't do it. You go with Trump's narrative. It's so simple...yet you don't even take the time...you just take the word of a liar in chief. The funny thing is that you lived through it and you still don't know his record. You are too freaking lazy to just do some simple research...yet you parrot Fox New talking points like they are real. Fox News...Hannity, Ingrahm, Carlson...are all propaganda machines. Fact check them...you will see.

Also...the stock market isn't the economy. The stock market doesn't reflect how the average worker is doing.

no shit. I didn’t even touch on that. Is it a coincidence every Democrat ran large city and states are bankrupt no. Look at the list. It’s alarming.

Another Fox News talking point. Why would there be large scale protests in large cities for BLM? Is it because that is where the black people live? Wow...that's amazing. I can't believe there weren't more BLM protests in Algona or Emmetsburg.

You see, this is why i don't argue with the Trump koolaid guys. All you have to do is google it...in any way shape or form to get Obama's economic numbers...and the economy he handed to Trump...but you don't do it. You go with Trump's narrative. It's so simple...yet you don't even take the time...you just take the word of a liar in chief. The funny thing is that you lived through it and you still don't know his record. You are too freaking lazy to just do some simple research...yet you parrot Fox New talking points like they are real. Fox News...Hannity, Ingrahm, Carlson...are all propaganda machines. Fact check them...you will see.

Also...the stock market isn't the economy. The stock market doesn't reflect how the average worker is doing.

I don't need to Google it - I lived it! I'm in sales and the general malaise that there was in the economy during those years was palpable. The business owners that I worked with were always talking about how difficult it was to comply with all of the new rules that were put in place - from OSHA regulations to ridiculous rule for truckdrivers. The big companies did well as they have compliance officers and departments - the small guys couldn't grow because it was too difficult.

I remember seeing the CEO of Best Buy speak at a meeting I was at. He said that as a CEO he loved government regulation, because it stifled competition and made it harder for small companies to comply and to grow. As an American he hated government regulation because it stifled competition and made it harder for small companies to comply and grow. I thought that was profound as hell!

I'm no fan of Trump believe me, but he did unleash the private sector and it showed before the pandemic and it's still having some effect today. BTW - I thought the left was supposed to be for the "little guy".

Another Fox News talking point. Why would there be large scale protests in large cities for BLM? Is it because that is where the black people live? Wow...that's amazing. I can't believe there weren't more BLM protests in Algona or Emmetsburg.

You know what hasn't changed in those cities in almost 50 years? The poverty rate in black America in 1968 was 12.8% and was 12.7% in 2016. You know what else hasn't changed? They live in almost exclusively Democrat run cities. Maybe it's time try something different...the current way of fighting poverty doesn't appear to be working.

Latest posts