Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the sense that this is an attempt to downplay the seriousness of the epidemic. I’m lost on why some people feel compelled to do that.
The Hopkins site is a great place to track data. The Worldwide ratio of dead to recovered is 1:10.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
All he did was post the current numbers. If that appears as if he's trying to downplay the seriousness, then that says a hell of a lot about the reality of this situation.

All he did was post the current numbers. If that appears as if he's trying to downplay the seriousness, then that says a hell of a lot about the reality of this situation.
But you get that the likely future reality is pretty horrible compared to current, right? Unless we’re very lucky hundreds of thousands of Americans will die from the infection.

But you get that the likely future reality is pretty horrible compared to current, right? Unless we’re very lucky hundreds of thousands of Americans will die from the infection.

If we need to get lucky to prevent that, then why are we isolating? Seems to me there will be more involved than just luck.

Right, I was lumping together everyone’s behaviors into the luck category. Not all luck, but out of my control.
That's some serious doomsday mentality. Wow![

How so? Just referring to commonly accepted science and data. I hope you’re right that I’ve been fooled by the scientific establishment tk. I really do.

Right, I was lumping together everyone’s behaviors into the luck category. Not all luck, but out of my control.

How so? Just referring to commonly accepted science and data. I hope you’re right that I’ve been fooled by the scientific establishment tk. I really do.
None of the data show anything relative what you predicted.

I still haven't read one good reason anywhere to explain why we dont just quarantine the high risk. I'm starting to see the idea pop up on social media but still haven't seen anyone address it.

I've been trying to point that out for years.

People rant about hospitals and healthcare providers because that's who sends the bills, and, in an effort to reduce healthcare costs, the federal government targets hospitals and providers, because, well, that's who they can legally target.

But, the shark in the water actually is the healthcare-associated private industry. That's ultimately where the healthcare dollars end up. For example, executives for orthopedic supply industries routinely rake in 10s - 100s of millions of dollars yearly. The government knows this, but can't legally target them since they don't receive Medicare dollars directly. In addition, these companies spend millions of dollars annually on lobbyists who work tirelessly in D.C. to protect those profits, often by hiding behind excuses such as the need for "R&D."

My wife used to work for Abbott Labs, which used to require its executives to post earnings each year. In one year (around 2002), the CEO reported income of over $150,000,000.00.
Yeah I have family that has worked for Stryker. They are a provider of all sorts of medical equipment. Their salesman which are nothing more then door to door used car salesman that go to hospitals and doctors are making 6 figures. All they do is provide things to hospitals on need to have basis. Hospitals (I assume due to the extravagant costs) don't stock up on a lot of that stuff and get it as they need it. Say a bad car accident brings in someone to the ER and they need a certain leg rod they have em on call to get one.

I shouldn't say that's all they do. That's all some do. That company is so huge they also sell beds, surgical tools ambulance equipment pretty much if you can think of it they provide it to hospitals. There's no telling how huge of a company they are. World wide huge.

In fact correct me if I'm wrong but I think Luke Recker works for them. Or at least he used to.

The article gets down to being an older male who is obese and has blood sugar issues. That doesn't hit all victims, but it is there in plain sight.

You can't have a society that unhealthy and not expect issues. One thing for the future is to stop having obese people pay the same for medical coverage as healthy people in regard to personal habits on employer provided Insurance.

Govt needs to regulate refined sugar products.

We are basically destroying our economy over this.

This thread does a good job of illustrating the wide variety of views and beliefs on what is happening in our country.

There are plenty of unknowns and conflicting information. Much of how we see things is based on what we consume from an informational standpoint.

That's why we have everything from "common-cold" guy to "the world is going to end" guy.

Perspective

Yes the premise seems odd from the outside, but the potential of Coronavirus is the fear. Not what it has already done but what it could do. If Coronavirus were allowed to become as common as traditional influenza then the death toll will be literally 1000% more then flu related deaths. So that 22,000 number for flu would be more like 220,00 dead. Also throughout history no recorded case of human immunity has ever been documented to any of the 4 other previous variant's of the Coronavirus family. It is beyond optimism to hope that magically humans will develop self immunity after initial contraction of COVID-19.

P.S. my rough math is accounting for only a 1% mortality rate for Coronavirus which is the absolute most optimistic mortality rate that can be found from a credible source. At 2 or 3% the death toll could reach WW2 levels. At 5% percent which we are currently at would mean Agenda 21/30 will finally see the goal of population reduction they keep talking about.

Any way that you slice it noone with proper neural pathways should want to see a pestilence grow unabated. Just because a house fire at your home is low odds doesn't mean you don't use your brain to take smart precautions.

Yes the premise seems odd from the outside, but the potential of Coronavirus is the fear. Not what it has already done but what it could do. If Coronavirus were allowed to become as common as traditional influenza then the death toll will be literally 1000% more then flu related deaths. So that 22,000 number for flu would be more like 220,00 dead. Also throughout history no recorded case of human immunity has ever been documented to any of the 4 other previous variant's of the Coronavirus family. It is beyond optimism to hope that magically humans will develop self immunity after initial contraction of COVID-19.

P.S. my rough math is accounting for only a 1% mortality rate for Coronavirus which is the absolute most optimistic mortality rate that can be found from a credible source. At 2 or 3% the death toll could reach WW2 levels. At 5% percent which we are currently at would mean Agenda 21/30 will finally see the goal of population reduction they keep talking about.

Any way that you slice it noone with proper neural pathways should want to see a pestilence grow unabated. Just because a house fire at your home is low odds doesn't mean you don't use your brain to take smart precautions.
With all due respect, you're clearly not a mathematician. Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts