Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of weirdness about this. None of know really what is going on, but it's weird.

On a serious side remember 6 or 7;years ago the mention in the US press about the US sharing military bio weapon info with China?

Not really saying anything except...weird.

Also weird this thing hasnt ripped through Manilla or India or that is noted withe dense populations. However those pops are very young.
It's interesting how S Korea was able to manage it without shutting down everything. I think these governors/mayors that are shutting down businesses are either losing their minds or have other sinister motives.

It's interesting how S Korea was able to manage it without shutting down everything. I think these governors/mayors that are shutting down businesses are either losing their minds or have other sinister motives.
A huge difference is that they started widespread testing early on and got the people who tested positive in quarantine. We still don't have mass scale testing available and we probably aren't going to get to that point.

Governor Reynolds reports one new case of Covid-19 in Iowa on Monday.

One.

I know it's a small sample size, but hey, small victories at this stage. You can't possibly flatten a curve anymore unless you can somehow report zero new cases or reverse the trend.

Governor Reynolds reports one new case of Covid-19 in Iowa on Monday.

One.

I know it's a small sample size, but hey, small victories at this stage. You can't possibly flatten a curve anymore unless you can somehow report zero new cases or reverse the trend.
If they would just wise up and stop testing people we could get that number down to 0.

Not scared here.
This is Fn funny.

For one thing why do we not vilify the idiots willing to purchase stuff for crazy prices? There's no way you magically just ran out and need to pay that much more within 4 or 5 days. Good grief. The dudes who are rying to hustle and put one over on folks can't do it without the willing and able. They are shitty opportunists no doubt. Charge them with crimes if you want I have no problem with that either. But the gullible are idiots too.

And yeah healthcare has been nothing but a ripoff from the top down forever. Insurance obviously is really bad. But another thing that's never hardly talked about is the selling of all the medical equipment. Like that metal rod they use to fix a broken leg. The markup the hospitals pay the companies that make them is insane. And if you think they don't pass all that cost down and then some your crazy.

Coronaviruses have been around a long time.

It's called "Novel Coronavirus 2019" for a reason. This isn't a variant that we have ever seen before. Oh and did I mention that it's actively mutating.
One thing the studies can't show is how many of the untested have already had the virus. It's very possible, if not probable, that that number is way higher than they are guessing. I'm hoping it's already gone through a huge percentage of the population.

It's a nice hope, but I think logically had it been spreading previously especially the original variant (which had a 20% mortality rate) then we would have had a noticable uptick in deaths. See you can't have the 80% of people having it while not being sick without the other 20% actually being sick and without the 1-4% mortality rate. So no surge in sickness and death previously strongly suggests that the virus was not circulating here before.

Not scared here.

This is Fn funny.

For one thing why do we not vilify the idiots willing to purchase stuff for crazy prices? There's no way you magically just ran out and need to pay that much more within 4 or 5 days. Good grief. The dudes who are rying to hustle and put one over on folks can't do it without the willing and able. They are shitty opportunists no doubt. Charge them with crimes if you want I have no problem with that either. But the gullible are idiots too.

And yeah healthcare has been nothing but a ripoff from the top down forever. Insurance obviously is really bad. But another thing that's never hardly talked about is the selling of all the medical equipment. Like that metal rod they use to fix a broken leg. The markup the hospitals pay the companies that make them is insane. And if you think they don't pass all that cost down and then some your crazy.

I've been trying to point that out for years.

People rant about hospitals and healthcare providers because that's who sends the bills, and, in an effort to reduce healthcare costs, the federal government targets hospitals and providers, because, well, that's who they can legally target.

But, the shark in the water actually is the healthcare-associated private industry. That's ultimately where the healthcare dollars end up. For example, executives for orthopedic supply industries routinely rake in 10s - 100s of millions of dollars yearly. The government knows this, but can't legally target them since they don't receive Medicare dollars directly. In addition, these companies spend millions of dollars annually on lobbyists who work tirelessly in D.C. to protect those profits, often by hiding behind excuses such as the need for "R&D."

My wife used to work for Abbott Labs, which used to require its executives to post earnings each year. In one year (around 2002), the CEO reported income of over $150,000,000.00.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Fauci was caught lying about encephalitis and vaccines. Encephalitis is a known side effect from vaccination. Fauci tried claiming the opposite.

It's called "Novel Coronavirus 2019" for a reason. This isn't a variant that we have ever seen before. Oh and did I mention that it's actively mutating.

It's a nice hope, but I think logically had it been spreading previously especially the original variant (which had a 20% mortality rate) then we would have had a noticable uptick in deaths. See you can't have the 80% of people having it while not being sick without the other 20% actually being sick and without the 1-4% mortality rate. So no surge in sickness and death previously strongly suggests that the virus was not circulating here before.

But it's possible death rate and sick rate percentages were off.

My teen daughter had a medical emergency last night. They won't allow 2 parents to be her, so I'm at home. Something I hadn't considered before. Getting into the hospital was a challenge as the main doors are locked.

A huge difference is that they started widespread testing early on and got the people who tested positive in quarantine. We still don't have mass scale testing available and we probably aren't going to get to that point.

Bingo, Ding Ding, got to have a lot of testing. An analogy would be trying to play basketball with your eyes closed where you would have no idea where the ball, your teammates, your opponents etc are located and even the basket is located. Testing finds those that have it and you can quarantine them as you said, let them get well or run a 2-3 week time until they are perhaps not shedding the virus, I hope but I havent found info on that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.