Eno Benjamin

Some of these comments are a piece of work. Not playing is a choice. Maybe they can pay back 1/13th of the scholarship. It is their choice and in 2061, no one will care, but it may make a big diff in the player's life. Bowl games used to have more meaning. Now they are there only for advertising revenue.

Some of you just need to get that figured out. In 1980, if say Eddie Phillips opted out who would care now. Get over your hurt.

Anyone who says the USC game was fun to watch and think they saw 2 teams put it all out on the field is full of BS. It was a terrible played game by one team and incredibly boring (mostly due to Fox and then USC).

Outside of revenge for 18 years ago, there was no real value for the fan more than any other game. Imagine going out and getting revenge for your HS days 18 years ago.

I thought the bowl game was fun to watch. We scored points, got a little "exotic" and Hawks played pretty solid all around. I don't think there is extra value in any bowl game, outside of CFP, but its always good to see one more Hawk game...a win is a nice bonus.

I thought the bowl game was fun to watch. We scored points, got a little "exotic" and Hawks played pretty solid all around. I don't think there is extra value in any bowl game, outside of CFP, but its always good to see one more Hawk game...a win is a nice bonus.
I enjoyed the piss out of watching the Hawkeyes kick USC's butt in what is basically one more non-conference game. Why is it suddenly less important than had it been on the schedule in October? Why wouldn't any player or fan jump at the chance for the season to not be over in any sport because you just got a bonus game added to the end of it? And against a team that you would never play otherwise.

Anyone that thinks it is " meaningless" might want to check out the player's comments.

Anyone who says the USC game was fun to watch and think they saw 2 teams put it all out on the field is full of BS. It was a terrible played game by one team and incredibly boring (mostly due to Fox and then USC).

Outside of revenge for 18 years ago, there was no real value for the fan more than any other game. Imagine going out and getting revenge for your HS days 18 years ago.
I was with you until here, Captain Buzzkill.

I guess I have to retroactively suppress all the enjoyment I got from watching the Hawks curbstomp USC. I guess watching AJE's (likely final) amazing performance was just terrible football. I guess watching BF call a great game was just boring.

You can make the fan value argument for darn near any game, but there is a pretty big difference between watching Iowa steamroll a hapless MAC team in early September, and watching them wax a top 25 blue blood on the national stage on their way to a 10-win, top 15 finish.

As a Hawk fan, I agree. As far as entertainment beyond that, it was terribly boring. Commercials. Forever halftime. USC was terrible.

I am hoping Eno ends up in Chicago or Green Bay. Play outside in the snow. This would be a wake up call from AZ the last 3 years.

I was with you until here, Captain Buzzkill.

I guess I have to retroactively suppress all the enjoyment I got from watching the Hawks curbstomp USC. I guess watching AJE's (likely final) amazing performance was just terrible football. I guess watching BF call a great game was just boring.

You can make the fan value argument for darn near any game, but there is a pretty big difference between watching Iowa steamroll a hapless MAC team in early September, and watching them wax a top 25 blue blood on the national stage on their way to a 10-win, top 15 finish.

As a Hawk Fan I agree. As a football fan, it was terribly boring. You are witnessing the demise of football. Not that Iowa can't win. But why the interest is dwindling. Think about it, attendance is down while the population has come not so far from 2x the size.

It's not just CTE that is driving it. The games are getting boring and last way to long.

As a Hawk fan, I agree. As far as entertainment beyond that, it was terribly boring. Commercials. Forever halftime. USC was terrible.
I'll agree with the broadcast part. Commercials, advertising, and inconsistent instant replay are slowing the game down to a crawl.

But USC was not "terrible". Sloppy and poorly coached, maybe, but that was likely the 2nd best team we faced this year in terms of pure athletic talent.

I'll agree with the broadcast part. Commercials, advertising, and inconsistent instant replay are slowing the game down to a crawl.

But USC was not "terrible". Sloppy and poorly coached, maybe, but that was likely the 2nd best team we faced this year in terms of pure athletic talent.

Not sure about the talent. Hawks were stronger and faster all around as well as being better coached. I just didnt see that against big teams or even ISU.

Take away NS s regression for part of 2nd half and the game isnt close. Take away the qb with A Rogers presence and even worse.

Anyway good win. Nate s regression in part was due to USC giving support to 2ndary in 2nd half.

Iowa > USC.
USC > Arizona State
Come on people he isn't any Jonathan Taylor. He is a middle of the pack back in the b10.
Remember, if he was so good, why not Bama? OSU? Wisconsin? PSU? Clemson?
Fact is Iowa gave him a great opportunity and that's that.
I doubt he will be drafted.

As a Hawk Fan I agree. As a football fan, it was terribly boring. You are witnessing the demise of football. Not that Iowa can't win. But why the interest is dwindling. Think about it, attendance is down while the population has come not so far from 2x the size.

It's not just CTE that is driving it. The games are getting boring and last way to long.

It's not the demise of football, it's the demise of bowl games with the presence of the CFP. This is why I don't want to see the playoffs get expanded any further it would destroy the bowl system, to me the 4 team system is working anyway.

But the bowls are still thriving, when you can get 37K fans to sit in a rigid cold Yankee stadium to watch football in late December that's pretty good.

This is why we have the progression of things from TIVO to cloud DVR. The only way to watch is on delay by 60 to 90 minutes and use the fast forward. End on time, keep an hour of your life.

This is why we have the progression of things from TIVO to cloud DVR. The only way to watch is on delay by 60 to 90 minutes and use the fast forward. End on time, keep an hour of your life.

That's a great idea but someone in my family would ruin it. You'd have to be offline in order for that to work and with teenage kids that's impossible to do. I'd have to take all their phones and then they'd riot. lol

Not sure about the talent. Hawks were stronger and faster all around as well as being better coached. I just didnt see that against big teams or even ISU.

Take away NS s regression for part of 2nd half and the game isnt close. Take away the qb with A Rogers presence and even worse.

Anyway good win. Nate s regression in part was due to USC giving support to 2ndary in 2nd half.

Why do people always try to make a point by "taking away" things. Such a stupid way to argue. Take away Iowa's points and we were blown out! See how dumb that is?

It's a shame all these ENO threads haven't been merged into one. The legendary Trey Stross thread would have a challenger

Iowa > USC.
USC > Arizona State
Come on people he isn't any Jonathan Taylor. He is a middle of the pack back in the b10.
Remember, if he was so good, why not Bama? OSU? Wisconsin? PSU? Clemson?
Fact is Iowa gave him a great opportunity and that's that.
I doubt he will be drafted.

Plus, I think Iowa ended up with a nice little back and he's young.

That's a great idea but someone in my family would ruin it. You'd have to be offline in order for that to work and with teenage kids that's impossible to do. I'd have to take all their phones and then they'd riot. lol
And that is where you make it plain that talking about the game leads to a lack of dinner, or perhaps mild torture. :) That said, definitely understand the teenager problem

Latest posts