Eno Benjamin

This is cousinbreeder stupid. You make it sound like they could protect every RB from injury but team management is a bunch of sadists who like to injure people for personal pleasure. Please think before doing anything in the future.

Big, Bad, mean NFL. Paying young running backs enough in one season to last most people a lifetime..Maybe we can start a "go fund me" account for young running backs in the NFL?

This is cousinbreeder stupid. You make it sound like they could protect every RB from injury but team management is a bunch of sadists who like to injure people for personal pleasure. Please think before doing anything in the future.
13 posts in a row mentioning me.

#keepthestrealive #unhealthypreoccupation #letsmakeit20

It's a shame how the NFL treats RBs. He's probably hoping to sell his durability to NFL teams, since they like to chew up and spit out young RBs.

Hopefully he gets a good payday and is able to last in the league without being treated as disposable.
Part of it is the way the game is transforming, though. Dedicated RBs are obsolete. The NFL operates on the passing game first and hybrid backs second who can play receiver out of the slot. Slot receiving and the resurgence of the TE in the NFL has killed the RB position and relegated it to teams that have one of just a very few, freak-athlete, dominant running backs—which Benjamin isn’t.

When you and I were kids running backs were arguably the most important spot on the team after quarterbacks, and now they’re 5th or 6th down the line after QB, WR, slot receivers, TE, DE, etc. In 2019 there were only 2 running backs taken in the entire first two rounds of the draft.

Accordingly, the NFL is going to treat them like a disposable commodity because since their offense isn’t built around them anymore, they’ll just buy a new one when the current one breaks. And prospects should know that going in.

Sitting out of the Sun Bowl due to the draft? Dude, you’re not that good.
Players that do this show their true colors. "I" might get hurt if "I" play in the bowl game so "I" am going to QUIT on my team before the season is over. What is the difference between him "risking getting hurt" when he played in the last "meaningless" regular season game and the bowl game? Why not sit that one out too and lessen the injury risk even more? Was either game any more or less important considering their record? The season is OVER when the last game is played and you are a QUITTER if you walk out on your TEAM before that.

Historically are the odds of a player that was going to be drafted getting a career threatening injury in a Bowl Game even 1 percent? I wish Fant success and am glad he was a Hawk, but my recollections of him will forever be tied to the fact he QUIT ON HIS TEAM before they were done playing. While teammates of these "me first" players don't seem to publicly criticize when this happens I guarantee you most of them lose their respect for them.

Players that do this show their true colors. "I" might get hurt if "I" play in the bowl game so "I" am going to QUIT on my team before the season is over. What is the difference between him "risking getting hurt" when he played in the last "meaningless" regular season game and the bowl game? Why not sit that one out too and lessen the injury risk even more? Was either game any more or less important considering their record? The season is OVER when the last game is played and you are a QUITTER if you walk out on your TEAM before that.

Historically are the odds of a player that was going to be drafted getting a career threatening injury in a Bowl Game even 1 percent? I wish Fant success and am glad he was a Hawk, but my recollections of him will forever be tied to the fact he QUIT ON HIS TEAM before they were done playing. While teammates of these "me first" players don't seem to publicly criticize when this happens I guarantee you most of them lose their respect for them.

Wirfs on if he considered skipping the bowl game: "I'd feel like I was letting my teammates down. I made a commitment to them for 12 weeks plus camp. It feels like you're kind of bailing on them. So there's no way I wouldn't (play)."

Epenesa: "You make it through the whole season with your teammates, with your brothers. I haven't decided if I'm staying or leaving. I'm just going [to the bowl], and playing for the guys with me."

Hockenson on his decision to play in the bowl game last year: "I love the university. I love these coaches,” Hockenson said Monday when asked why it was so important for him to play in the bowl game. “These people are amazing people and this is something you can’t get back is another bowl game with these guys. And these guys in particular. So whether I stay or whether I go, coming out of that Swarm again, that means a lot to somebody.”

What is it with you and incest joshbrown? This is getting kinda creepy.

Eno is a stud. As much as I like Goodson, Eno is a step better. Able to break tackles better and just as quick.

Give Goodson a year more of developing and 15-20 lbs of muscle. Goodson has wadleys moves and is more physical. The guy will lower the shoulder in the open field and get 2-3 more yds.

Wirfs on if he considered skipping the bowl game: "I'd feel like I was letting my teammates down. I made a commitment to them for 12 weeks plus camp. It feels like you're kind of bailing on them. So there's no way I wouldn't (play)."

Epenesa: "You make it through the whole season with your teammates, with your brothers. I haven't decided if I'm staying or leaving. I'm just going [to the bowl], and playing for the guys with me."

Hockenson on his decision to play in the bowl game last year: "I love the university. I love these coaches,” Hockenson said Monday when asked why it was so important for him to play in the bowl game. “These people are amazing people and this is something you can’t get back is another bowl game with these guys. And these guys in particular. So whether I stay or whether I go, coming out of that Swarm again, that means a lot to somebody.”
If I am an NFL GM these are the kind of MEN I want in my locker room. I wouldn't even consider the quitter. Would love to hear a GM say "you know we were really high on this player until he quit during the season on his teammates...". Let em fall all the way to the late rounds. Maybe that would put an end to this horseshit.

Give Goodson a year more of developing and 15-20 lbs of muscle. Goodson has wadleys moves and is more physical. The guy will lower the shoulder in the open field and get 2-3 more yds.

20 lbs would be an awful lot if weight to put on for his frame. But I agree overall. I do think we could see 5-10 more pounds by next season, mostly in lower body. That's what made guys like Taylor, Barkley, etc so much tougher (yes, those are extreme examples) but tree trunk legs is a common denominator. Would love to see 10-15 pounds without a lost step.

Really trying to not get crazy expectations, but talent seems to be trending up...

Eno is a stud who played behind a beat up weak line this year. He will get drafted and actually play in the NFL. On a side note, if ASU fixes the offensive line issues they will be a top 15 team next year.

I'm not sure his frame will allow him to put on that much more. He's already a ripped up bulky 5'10 190. I could see 10 moreish maybe but 20 is a stretch. He's just not framed up for it. He's not a skinny looking kid like Wadley was. If you see him with just tight workout shirts on dude is ripped up.

Eno is a stud who played behind a beat up weak line this year. He will get drafted and actually play in the NFL. On a side note, if ASU fixes the offensive line issues they will be a top 15 team next year.

Agreed, I got to watch them a few times this year and the QB is a really good athlete that can throw and they have some receivers. Defensively they were not bad either. Are they a playoff team? No but they have a chance to make a good bowl and win double digit games in my opinion

Some of these comments are a piece of work. Not playing is a choice. Maybe they can pay back 1/13th of the scholarship. It is their choice and in 2061, no one will care, but it may make a big diff in the player's life. Bowl games used to have more meaning. Now they are there only for advertising revenue.

Some of you just need to get that figured out. In 1980, if say Eddie Phillips opted out who would care now. Get over your hurt.

Anyone who says the USC game was fun to watch and think they saw 2 teams put it all out on the field is full of BS. It was a terrible played game by one team and incredibly boring (mostly due to Fox and then USC).

Outside of revenge for 18 years ago, there was no real value for the fan more than any other game. Imagine going out and getting revenge for your HS days 18 years ago.

20 lbs would be an awful lot if weight to put on for his frame. But I agree overall. I do think we could see 5-10 more pounds by next season, mostly in lower body. That's what made guys like Taylor, Barkley, etc so much tougher (yes, those are extreme examples) but tree trunk legs is a common denominator. Would love to see 10-15 pounds without a lost step.

Really trying to not get crazy expectations, but talent seems to be trending up...

The thing that is intriguing about Goodson is how they split him out and used him as a receiver during the bowl. I do not think he has as good of moves as Wadley or the burst that Akrum had but he can for sure be very productive.

I think he can develop into a player that can consistently be a guy that is rushing for around 100 yards or more and receiving for 40 yards a game if given the opportunity.

Latest posts