Vines a Hawk

Meh. I watched Vines' film. 5'11" and under I want blazing speed. Not sure Vines has it. His most redeeming quality is holding onto the ball after he catches it. Hope he proves me wrong.

Meh. I watched Vines' film. 5'11" and under I want blazing speed. Not sure Vines has it. His most redeeming quality is holding onto the ball after he catches it. Hope he proves me wrong.

4.6 in high school is pretty freaking fast. That is laser timed. He also ran a “hand timed” 4.46 at BC camp.

4.6 in high school is pretty freaking fast. That is laser timed. He also ran a “hand timed” 4.46 at BC camp.

I think it was 4.66. But I was just judging from his film--speed didn't seem to be eye-popping. Unless he has hands like venus flytraps, I'm not super interested in under 6 foot possession receivers.

I think it was 4.66. But I was just judging from his film--speed didn't seem to be eye-popping. Unless he has hands like venus flytraps, I'm not super interested in under 6 foot possession receivers.
Maybe that's why he is a 3 star and not a 5 star???
I trust the coaches.

As I wrote in my story, KOK and Copeland both went to watch him work out in Connecticut. KOK has strong contacts in New England, so I'd be surprised if he didn't ask around. He also plays in the same boarding school conference that sent Iowa Nico Ragaini, who played at Old Avon. It's a league with which KOK is very familiar.

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many WRs Iowa has recruited in recent years -- and played in games -- that were 6'4" or taller. (Not counting TEs....and McNutt doesn't count, because he was recruited as a QB).

Wadley ran a 4.59 & 4.54 at the NFL combine.

His 4.66 as a high school player isn't all that far off what Wadley ran as as 5 year college player who was one of, if not the fastest player with the ball in his hands, Iowa has ever had.

His top end speed is fine. His 10 yard split time is what I'd like to see and I don't know of high school camps that test that. That's the acceleration test and more of a true indicator of his football speed.

Besides the 40 time consideration (he's average fast but no blazer), his film was just ok. I didn't see a smith-marsette, smith, tyrone tracy, or oliver martin there.

Besides the 40 time consideration (he's average fast but no blazer), his film was just ok. I didn't see a smith-marsette, smith, tyrone tracy, or oliver martin there.
How Ferentz and Bell haven’t hired you as a scout is beyond me.

Thanks for the analysis, I just sent Brian an email telling him we definitely need to pass on this guy. Man am I glad you’re out there doing the leg work and posting the cold hard truth before it’s too late.

You mention that you are "not super interested in under 6 foot possession receivers". Julian Edelman, the Superbowl MVP says hello. He's 5'10" and 198 and he just abused the Rams all night long...all night, all night...all night long.

I think it's pretty early (commit day) to start panning people, right. Let's let him drop his first pass before we start relegating him to the "not super interested" category.