2019 Tyreke Locure

His vision and passing skills are so terrific, they neglected to mention his assist stats. Meanwhile.... Locure tallies up 10 assists. DJ may think his biggest strength is "finding guys that are open and stuff like that," but in actuality his biggest strength is finishing at the rim and stuff like that. ;)

BTW, this past season Locure averaged twice as many assists as Carton.

Not sure how Locure assists have any affect on what DJ is?

DJ is super athletic, has great handles, has an almost 40" verticle, can finish at the rim, and doesn't shot very well from the outside. But you wanna put him out on the wing and not have the ball in his hand where he can drive and finish at the rim?

Now if you are saying that Locure is just such an elite level PG, that he will push DJ (the #30 ranked player in the country), out to the wing, then I guess you view Locure as a 5* PG type.

Not sure how Locure assists have any affect on what DJ is?

DJ is super athletic, has great handles,How I know you haven't seen him play in person. has an almost 40" verticle, can finish at the rim, and doesn't shot very well from the outside. Shooting 32% from three and 49% overall isn't too shabby, but keep spewing that false narrative. But you wanna put him out on the wing and not have the ball in his hand where he can drive and finish at the rim?

Now if you are saying that Locure is just such an elite level PG, that he will push DJ (the #30 ranked player in the country), out to the wing, then I guess you view Locure as a 5* PG type.

Why isn't UNI on him? Why isn't Evansville? AGAIN, the guy is getting the bare minimum interest at this point. I do have a much more educated guess than you do, because I'm relying on experts in both recruiting and coaching to help me come to this conclusion.

They could all be wrong. But I'm not a global warming denier either.

The lack of offers has been explained. 1st, Iowa kid with no national publicity. That is not going to bring out of state coaches. 2nd, regardless of whatever Locure has actually done the rep has a little shade. That's gonna keep ya from getting mad love. 3rd, the kid is small. All of these things together equal no offers. All of that will change if he has a good summer and another great season as a senior.

Shooting 32% from three and 49% overall isn't too shabby, but keep spewing that false narrative.

No false narrative here. If you are recruiting SG for P6 schools, they had better hit around 40% in HS, because they will see a dip in that % once they hit college. If you are a 32% 3 pt shooter in HS, you are gonna be under 30% in college, and that would be a poor shooting % for a PG, and would be downright pathetic as a SG.

Lol says the guy that hasn't seen either of them play other than highlights.

You're right, although if I had seen them play every minute of every HS and AAU game, my opinion WOULD NOT MATTER. The opinion of people who have seen a lot more of them, have a much greater stake in the game, and who are under a tremendous amount of pressure all agree - Carton is a better prospect.

You're right, although if I had seen them play every minute of every HS and AAU game, my opinion WOULD NOT MATTER. The opinion of people who have seen a lot more of them, have a much greater stake in the game, and who are under a tremendous amount of pressure all agree - Carton is a better prospect.

TK is being so odd on this whole thing. Trying to claim DJ is some SG prospect? It makes no sense. Heck just say you want both Locure and DJ and leave it at that.

I'd even go so far as to say that if Iowa can land DJ, they should still also sign Locure. Add in Patrick and another PF recruit and call it a day. Sure that puts you 1 over the scholarship limit, but you just pull one of your boys off scholarship. Plus the NEXT year you are gonna have a ton of open scholarships and this would actually help balance the classes. '19 with 4 player, and you still have a lot of open scholarship in '20 with Moss, Jordan, Pemsl and Kriener.

I think we have seen that the game is a guards game. Having both DJ and Locure will not hurt in any way shape or manner as far as I can see.

I'd even go so far as to say that if Iowa can land DJ, they should still also sign Locure. Add in Patrick and another PF recruit and call it a day. Sure that puts you 1 over the scholarship limit, but you just pull one of your boys off scholarship. Plus the NEXT year you are gonna have a ton of open scholarships and this would actually help balance the classes. '19 with 4 player, and you still have a lot of open scholarship in '20 with Moss, Jordan, Pemsl and Kriener.

I think we have seen that the game is a guards game. Having both DJ and Locure will not hurt in any way shape or manner as far as I can see.
TE="deanvogs, post: 1715395, member: 181"]I'd even go so far as to say that if Iowa can land DJ, they should still also sign Locure. Add in Patrick and another PF recruit and call it a day. Sure that puts you 1 over the scholarship limit, but you just pull one of your boys off scholarship. Plus the NEXT year you are gonna have a ton of open scholarships and this would actually help balance the classes. '19 with 4 player, and you still have a lot of open scholarship in '20 with Moss, Jordan, Pemsl and Kriener.

I think we have seen that the game is a guards game. Having both DJ and Locure will not hurt in any way shape or manner as far as I can see.[/QUOTE]
And don't forget Maishe Dailey's scholly for 2020. That would be five. And I've been a long time advocate of getting the classes balanced.

If we could somehow get both in state junior guards it would immediately increase our backcourt athleticism the moment the arrive.

His vision and passing skills are so terrific, they neglected to mention his assist stats. Meanwhile.... Locure tallies up 10 assists. DJ may think his biggest strength is "finding guys that are open and stuff like that," but in actuality his biggest strength is finishing at the rim and stuff like that. ;)

BTW, this past season Locure averaged twice as many assists as Carton.

Very skewed towards the book numbers.

In order for a player to record an assist the other player would have to make the shot. Now I'm not sure if that's the case here as I know Carton shot it 18 times. I would take both and play a 2 guard lineup a lot if I had both of these guys on a team. Beyond Ball is a team full of pretty good shooters, but I will admit I don't know much about QC Elite and the players on their team. My personal opinion would be that they're both PG's that are able to play off the ball if need be.

This is one reason it's more accurate to say that DJ is probably a better prospect that TL than saying he is simply the better prospect. Nobody knows for sure how things will turn out.
No, it's "more accurate" to say that nobody knows for sure if DJ is a better prospect than TL, because nobody knows how things will turn out.

No, it's "more accurate" to say that nobody knows for sure if DJ is a better prospect than TL, because nobody knows how things will turn out.
I don't think anyone can be anymore certain about that then between which QBs in the draft will turn out better than others... I wouldn't be confident in putting the farm on any of em

Add in Patrick and another PF recruit and call it a day.
Not unless he puts on another 30-40 lbs which isn't going to happen. There's no way he can be competitive against B1G forwards at 170 lbs.

Most forwards in the Big Ten are 220-240 lbs. Even if he came in at 185 he'd be giving up 50 more often than not and there's no substitute for that. Even Uthoff was 200, and he was a threat from deep which Patrick is not.

Can you imagine him matched up against a Juwan Morgan or Lamar Stevens type player? It'd be brutal.

No, I think the fact that DJ has several P-6 offers while TL has none means "probably" would fit.

If it didn't fit and it was simply a 50/50 proposition, then all those rankings and such would be completely meaningless.

No, I think the fact that DJ has several P-6 offers while TL has none means "probably" would fit.

If it didn't fit and it was simply a 50/50 proposition, then all those rankings and such would be completely meaningless.
I would imagine there have been more recruits with several big offers that wound up not doing jack in college than there are recruits with several big offers that wound up doing well in college. It's still pretty much a crapshoot.

You're basically trying to Mel Kuiperize high school recruits. It's not a draft but you're still trying to analyze talent without seeing any reliable predictors. College ball isn't the NFL, and the Big Ten is definitely not Iowa AAU.

Guys like him and McShay do that for a living with way more info than you, and they miss more than half the time when they predict who's going to be the best players..

Not unless he puts on another 30-40 lbs which isn't going to happen. There's no way he can be competitive against B1G forwards at 170 lbs.

Most forwards in the Big Ten are 220-240 lbs. Even if he came in at 185 he'd be giving up 50 more often than not and there's no substitute for that. Even Uthoff was 200, and he was a threat from deep which Patrick is not.

Can you imagine him matched up against a Juwan Morgan or Lamar Stevens type player? It'd be brutal.

I meant we need ANOTHER player who is a PF, as Patrick isn’t a PF and will never grow into being one. Patrick is a SF, he doesn’t need to weigh 220-240 lbs

Latest posts