ISU/Iowa thoughts

Keep your chin up Bryce. Iowa is better than Clownies will admit, and the Big12 is weaker than Clownies will admit. ISU will get to 5 wins this year.

Big 12 is down but the wins still aren't there. Texas and KU look like the decent possibilities but ISU will be favored in likely only 1 more game the rest of the year. Lose to Toledo next week and it's basically throw in the towel time again.

Say what you want, but I did have one of the closest final score predictions for the Illinois State game. I also had the only accurate prediction for the number of sacks given up for the game. Think twice before you ridicule my predictions for this game.

Read the thread again.. I predicted zero sacks for the Illinois State game.

Last edited:
Keep your chin up Bryce. Iowa is better than Clownies will admit, and the Big12 is weaker than Clownies will admit. ISU will get to 5 wins this year.

not the way they are running the ball. iowa had several key players out early today starting RB starting DE - could have very well been 28-0 in the 2nd half, and maybe a FG in the 1st half.

ISU really fortunate to be in the game for as long as they were.

paw will be riding the harley somewhere else next season.

Yeah I forgot. We will win out and the clowns will lose their remaining games because The big 12 is so dominant and the big 10 is so bad. Dumb is dumb.

Big 12 is down but the wins still aren't there. Texas and KU look like the decent possibilities but ISU will be favored in likely only 1 more game the rest of the year. Lose to Toledo next week and it's basically throw in the towel time again.
Toledo beat Bert's hogs. Could be a rough game coming up for Paw Rhodes.

Guys, that's the best ISU team we have faced in a long time. What surprised me was the size they now have. In the first half, they controlled the line of scrimmage, and matched up well with Iowa. Ott wasn't exactly overwhelming Campos...although he may have later in the game. They have legit receivers also and for some reason, Richardson always plays well against Iowa. Give them credit...losing Tucker hurt their defense pretty badly...that guys showed some burst on the inside.

There was one overwhelming fact that I haven't heard too many people talking about. Iowa was far and away the better conditioned team. It wasn't even close. They wore down big time in the second half on both sides of the ball. Also, our defensive backfield is pretty damn good...as they ran with those receivers and there wasn't much space for Richardson to throw into.

I disagree. Still think Iowa was one of the easiest games on the sched. We'll find out of course.

of course you did. you buy into the whole cyclown fanatic head game - the reason we suck so bad is not 'cause we suck, but rather, the big 12 is monstrously tough. the whole, if isu was in the big 10, we'd be rose bowlin' on a routine is precious. and i just read that iowa would be 8th/9th in the big 12. ok - 10 teams in the big 12. and iowa just beat one of them - so the thought process is that iowa wouldn't win another game -maybe one - but isu can scratch out 5/6 wins? sweet logic.

I disagree. Still think Iowa was one of the easiest games on the sched. We'll find out of course.

If ISU can't find a way to run the ball they will be in trouble. I don't like their odds against OU, but really have you seen either of TCU's or Bayor's games? SMU and Lamar were giving Baylor a game till half and TCU is losing guys on their defense, it seems, every week. I think ISU is probably better than SMU or Lamar and who knows who TCU will lose next.

ISU will do much better going to a 3-4 defense that coupled with their much improved talent on defense, I think, will give them a shot in many games. OSU is not as good as people believe WVU may be better than people believe.

The big difference between the Big 10 and the Big 12 is that it is hard to have the players and the scheme/experience for all the different styles that are found in the big 10. Big 12 teams to me, look all the same with different talent and coaches. The difference between Indiana/OSU vs MSU/Wis is very different.

Derp. I expect this sort of crap out of the rest of Clownie nation, but you are usually better than that. UNI, Toledo (I don't care if they upset Bret), Kansas and Tech are absolute Wins on the schedule. You should win those for sure. Iowa is also better than K-State, WVU, Texas, and Okie St. this year. If not better, at least as good. I'll give you Oklahoma, Baylor and TCU, but that is it for absolutely 99.9% for sure better than Iowa.

The Big12 is pretty crappy this year, it is what it is. I'm not saying the B1G is world beaters, but they certainly are ever bit as strong as the Big12

Derp. I expect this sort of crap out of the rest of Clownie nation, but you are usually better than that. UNI, Toledo (I don't care if they upset Bret), Kansas and Tech are absolute Wins on the schedule. You should win those for sure. Iowa is also better than K-State, WVU, Texas, and Okie St. this year. If not better, at least as good. I'll give you Oklahoma, Baylor and TCU, but that is it for absolutely 99.9% for sure better than Iowa.

The Big12 is pretty crappy this year, it is what it is. I'm not saying the B1G is world beaters, but they certainly are ever bit as strong as the Big12

Yeah I'm not sure where this "third-easiest team on the schedule bit comes from either. I guess it's possible. TTech is not good. Neither is Texas. At worse, Iowa is in the group with WVU, Okie State and K-State. K-State I would put above Iowa if they hadn't lost their starting QB for the season. But at this point we don't really know how good/bad teams are.

If ISU can't find a way to run the ball they will be in trouble. I don't like their odds against OU, but really have you seen either of TCU's or Bayor's games? SMU and Lamar were giving Baylor a game till half and TCU is losing guys on their defense, it seems, every week. I think ISU is probably better than SMU or Lamar and who knows who TCU will lose next.

ISU will do much better going to a 3-4 defense that coupled with their much improved talent on defense, I think, will give them a shot in many games. OSU is not as good as people believe WVU may be better than people believe.

The big difference between the Big 10 and the Big 12 is that it is hard to have the players and the scheme/experience for all the different styles that are found in the big 10. Big 12 teams to me, look all the same with different talent and coaches. The difference between Indiana/OSU vs MSU/Wis is very different.

ISU is improved on defense, but I'm not sure they will do "much better". Iowa gashed them for 475 yards. And over a long season depth gets tested. Iowa had its best defensive player go out (Ott) and the rest of the guys stood up. ISU lost one of their best d-line players and proceeded to get run over. If ISU can get back off the mat and beat Toledo next week, they could get to 5-6 wins. Lose that one and picture gets bleak.