Woody called out

This is the dumbest thread of all time. Wisconsin plays the thug ball, not Woodbury. Did you listen to Fran's post-game comments?

It's not ridiculous. He's playing THUG basketball. He's purposely trying to poke players in the eyes. I watched both plays in slow motion and they were not basketball plays. I don't support that **** or Woodbury, any longer. Someone could lose their vision over something like that and I hope the BIG suspends him for the rest of the season. No place for that garbage at Iowa.

lol it's the real life version of Ralphie's mom from The Christmas Story

Dude his behavior drives the very bus he finds himself under.

See the jump ball "trick" it is a pattern of "win at all costs".

If they review the tape and find Woodbury intentionally poked a couple of guys in the eye, I think he would deserve to be suspended for a game or two. My eyes are valuable to me. When Olesani was recruited to Iowa, he had a teammate that signed with Notre Dame and he had his eye permanently blinded in a summer game.

Yeah this thread is surreal...

I think Dan D just had a minor stroke for a sec... but he convinced some people

This...makes me realize what a bunch of sallies basketball players tend to be. Suck it up. It wasn't like one of those love taps was gonna detach a retina or something. Seriously, I can't wait to here about this ad nauseum now that jock itch blew it out of proportion. I've heard less outrage for closed fist haymakers.

Good grief some of you "grown" men are wusses. This is bball not figure skating.

Boo hoo, the first one on hayes is laughable, get a grip guys

If jay bilas said woobbarry is one of the better defensive big men in the ncaa, ill take his word over any of you knobs anyday

The guy has a hard enough time just trying to catch a bball clean and some think he can poke an eye on purpose that quickly? If he was doing it on purpose it probably would've taken him 20 swipes

I have no clue what from planet "Dip$****" that some of you are watching the game from (and that included Dakodick who I usually like)

That play I watched it 10 times... nothing even happened.

He was trying to run down to get rebound position and like barely grazed the dude with his elbow.

I really don't even think some of you even watched the play.
That's not the play(s) in question. It's first eye poke where he was guarding Hayes at the 3 pt line on the corner, where he actually poked him in the eye while face guarding him. Then he later proceeded to end up guarding Karminski on the opposite corner, behind the 3pt line. He put his hand out to face guard him, rubbed the top of his head and then blatantly tried to poke him in the eye with a finger. Not sure about where these occurred in game time but I will dig that up for you tomorrow if you like.

Yet Wiscy can play their brand of thug push and shove all game long because that's what they do
I agree that's what they do but it's not intentionally trying to poke eyes out. Tough play, some pushing and shoving for position, etc. I get that. Woodbury crossed that line, same as McCabe did last year, with Trice. But like I said last year. If your head coach can't control himself, why should they be expected to? Fran has done a much better job this year, I'll give him that.

Latest posts