Woody called out

Exactly the point. Why do so many NBA players wear protective eye gear? He must think that they only wear it because they think they look cool in goggles.

The first player I remember who wore goggles was Kareem, when he was Lew Alcindor. It happened when he was at UCLA. It happened because he had grabbed a rebound and a player swiped up toward the ball and caught his eye scratching his cornea. Many point to the loss to Elvin Hayes' Houston team and say UCLA wouldn't have lost if Kareem hadn't been playing with basically one functioning eye. The UCLA-Houston game was the first game Kareem wore protective goggles, and he wore them pretty much the rest of his games in the NCAA and NBA.

Alcindor did not wear goggles in the Houston loss (see here) in 1968.

0129_large.jpg

There's some video here as well.

[video=youtube;I2CE-SSkPJE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2CE-SSkPJE[/video]

He first wore them in the pros (for the Bucks) in 1974 when the cornea was scratched again.

640px-Kareem_Abdul-Jabbar_1974.jpeg

Like I said...post history is available for all to see. And what is my narrative? I didn't offer any opinion on the original topic. I simply stopped by to call you out because I recognized your screen name from last year. To back to jerking off to photos of the mare and pwoud paw
You have typed a sentence before? Hopefully that one made sense.

It's funny to see people say he's slow and uncoordinated, yet able to reach out and deftly poke somebodies eye with exact accuracy. I would be shocked that he wanted to or was able to.

I like how the ignoramus types, riding Woody, FAIL to mention that Woody just had a
DOUBLE - DOUBLE against Ohio State. And the previous game at Minnesota, a Classy announcer
like Shon Morris of the BTN called him the Iowa player of game.

Next Saturday, if Dan JOCK-Itch covers the game, I hope Woody goes over and POKES Jock-Itch in the
EYE, with his Left Fist. :)

Jock-Itch, is just a worn out, never was, Bob Knight disciple.

Totally agree. I wish woody wouldve pulled kaminskys hair.... Why didnt kaminsky use the 3 stooges trick? Lol at kaminsky being a 7 foot goofball wearing an enormous leatard.

Grown men have the biggest anit boners for woody for whatever reason. The guy is hustling, from iowa and a 20 year old jr.

What a bunch of doosh nozs

Imagine the outrage if Woody would have told Kaminsky to hold out a fist, then he punched his fist down causing it to swing around and hit him in the head. They would have had no choice but to suspend him for the season.

Someone go on Twitter and ask DD how he feels about what happened in 1987. I would but he blocked me for some reason.

http://www.swiowanewssource.com/archives/article_7fe8b691-052e-540b-95cf-f37b50f25121.html?mode=jqm

Davis's teams had as good of success against Indiana as anyone this side of Purdue. Apparently frustrated at Iowa's pressure, Knight had Daryl Thomas throw the inbound pass directly into the face of Iowa center Brad Lohaus, who was pressuring him.
Getting hit in the face accidentally with a basketball hurts pretty damn badly. Getting hit with a pass intentionally thrown into your face by a 6-foot-7 power forward from two feet away is assault. I can't think of a more flagrant violent act you could commit on a basketball court.

Someone go on Twitter and ask DD how he feels about what happened in 1987. I would but he blocked me for some reason.

http://www.swiowanewssource.com/archives/article_7fe8b691-052e-540b-95cf-f37b50f25121.html?mode=jqm

I remember the Jadlow play. Very dirty, vicious. Hill retaliated with a punch to Jadlow's face, and got ejected. Jadlow got 3 FTs, because Mr. Davis also got T'ed up.
Absolutely classless play by Jadlow, and he was taking instructions from his coach.

In the next game, Instead of the shoosh motion to the crowd, he needs to hold is hand vertical between his eyes in the classic stooges block of the double eye poke. It would be great.

It's not ridiculous. He's playing THUG basketball. He's purposely trying to poke players in the eyes. I watched both plays in slow motion and they were not basketball plays. I don't support that **** or Woodbury, any longer. Someone could lose their vision over something like that and I hope the BIG suspends him for the rest of the season. No place for that garbage at Iowa.

What's a "thug" to you? I can't wait to hear your ignorant answer since I'm fairly certain you don't know any REAL thugs. Come to Chicago, check out the south/west sides then tell me that Adam freaking Woodbury is a thug. Mind boggling.

Last edited:
What's a "thug" to you? I can't wait to hear your ignorant answer since I'm fairly certain you don't know any REAL thugs. Come to Chicago, check out the south/west sides then tell me that Adam freaking Woodbury is a thug. Mind boggling.
Are you suggesting that only a black man can be a thug? Where do you stage the KKK rallies in Chicago these days? Do you still wear a white hood and robe? I don't have time for racist excrement like yourself. I prefer to get my definitions from a dictionary.
thug

[thuhg]
Spell Syllables

noun1.a cruel or vicious ruffian.

The Fact that you are assuming that he believes a general term as thug refers to only black people kinda makes me think you're a little racist or at the very least jumping to an extreme unnecessary conclusion. Its also extremely ignorant because he could be black for all you know. If we're also following the dictionary's use of the word thug and not pop culture or urban dictionary then I would have to say your posts in this thread are quite "thuggish"

Are you suggesting that only a black man can be a thug? Where do you stage the KKK rallies in Chicago these days? Do you still wear a white hood and robe? I don't have time for racist excrement like yourself. I prefer to get my definitions from a dictionary.
thug

[thuhg]
Spell Syllables

noun1.a cruel or vicious ruffian.

Im not 100% on all the deets, but im pretty sure it derives from a hindi word the brits picked up in india and subsequently added to colloquial english.

Im not 100% on all the deets, but im pretty sure it derives from a hindi word the brits picked up in india and subsequently added to colloquial english.

Stateside, I have heard it used on numerous occasions that I would consider as having racist undertones, but I've also heard it used on plenty of occasions where no racism was intended. Personally, I try not to use it because I don't want people to make assumptions about me even though I know a bit of the words origins from reading books in the "Sharpe" series (which are some really good, light reads if anyone is into adventure tales).

Latest posts